OT - My new hobby ...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kaiasgram

Re: OT - My new hobby ...

Post by kaiasgram » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:13 pm

JohnBFisher wrote:Hopefully you enjoy my noodling around with my painting.
Keep noodling, John -- still enjoying.

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm very happy with the feel of this painting. When properly mounted, it should provide some good results.

Here's hoping you will find this a cheerful painting, full of the promise of spring and warmer weather ahead!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks for sharing your talent John !!

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:14 pm

I continue trying to learn more how to do Chinese Brush Painting. Learning a new technique is a lot of fun. And by emulating techniques of Chinese Brush Painting, I am learning how to be looser with my painting. Learning how to suggest the branches, without all the detail is good practice for me. I hope you enjoy this effort as much as I enjoy learning the techniques. It should be interesting to see how well this does once I am able to mount it.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:19 am

John, I enjoy the variety in your subject matter.

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:07 am

kteague wrote:John, I enjoy the variety in your subject matter.
And here I thought it just reflected my eclectic tastes as well as a complete lack of focus. I tend to wander off on complete tangen ....

So what does everyone think of our cold weather?! ..

jwerley

Post by jwerley » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi John....

I cannot comment on the cold weather, as I am a native Californian...But what I would like to comment on is how much I enjoy your paintings!! They, all of them bring a smile to my face and brighten my day. I especially like the Poinsettia and I also enjoyed the Sunflower!

Don't ever stop posting your work. I suspect that I am not the only one who gets so much enjoyment out of them!

Janice

"He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your true worth."
Kahlil Gibran

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:45 pm

jwerley wrote:... Don't ever stop posting your work. I suspect that I am not the only one who gets so much enjoyment out of them! ...
Janice, if it brings a smile to your day then it's accomplished more than I can hope. Like most people that paint, I do it for the enjoyment of it. I also do it as occupational therapy. Due to my neurological issues, I find that doing things such as typing and painting helps me maintain my fine motor control. I think of it as the "use it or loose it" approach. But that I can share that joy and brighten the day for others is a definite and positive bonus.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:38 pm

John, Just for the record you brighten my day too. Thanks.

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:17 pm

Using techniques shown by Henry Li of Blue Heron Arts in a YouTube video, I mounted the Sun 'n Bamboo painting onto a green mulberry backing paper with gold flecks in it. For a first attempt the results are pleasing. As you might remember, the original painting I posted was heavily wrinkled. It is now much smoother.

With no interest at all, other than as a happy customer, I can recommend Blue Heron Arts. If you are interested in Chinese Brush Painting (or Sumi-E), then take a look at Henry's YouTube channel and store.

See: http://blueheronarts.com/ & https://www.youtube.com/user/blueheronarts

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 pm

I don't always comment on your work but I always look and I like what I see. Keep posting.

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Here we are in the midst of January as I write this. It's a cold, bleak time of the year. It's a perfect time for a harbinger of brighter days. Isn't it about time to see the harbinger of hope, the robin? Well, probably not. But we can certainly remember their cheerful appearances and allow that memory to brighten our day.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Certainly brightened my day John -- thanks!

jwerley

Post by jwerley » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:03 pm

John..

I love the Robin!! He just makes me feel happy.....What an inspirational addition to this forum you have created!!!

Thank you!

Janice

"He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your true worth."
Kahlil Gibran

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Janice, thank you for your kind words. Perhaps you will like today's addition, then.

On this wonderfully sunny day (as I painted this), it seemed appropriate to use the chinese brush painting to paint an Oriole! Hopefully it will help brighten your day.