Sleeping sitting up ok?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: Sleeping sitting up ok?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed May 03, 2017 6:29 am

Jimmycrackhorn wrote:
khauser wrote:Just to state what I hope is already obvious, you really need to think along the lines of not getting in to a position where you'll be sleeping without you machine. Sure, for some sleeping upright REDUCES the problem, but it's not a fix, and you are causing damage to your body.

I've yet to find the person that reacts negatively to the use of a machine, so I would bring it everywhere I travel.
Here's your first person who's reacting negatively to machine. So much so as soon as that mask hits my face my body gets flooded with adrenaline.
That's not what hauser was speaking of. He was talking about others not reacting negatively when they see him using the machine while traveling.

Annettia J. Whitsett

Post by Annettia J. Whitsett » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:31 am

I just can't sleep with the mask on. I've tried all types, and. It has to be to tight to seal on my face, or it leaks. Or I'm wide awake. I need a sleep number bed. Will this work for me? I have moderate sleep apnea.

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:37 am

Annettia J. Whitsett wrote:I just can't sleep with the mask on. I've tried all types, and. It has to be to tight to seal on my face, or it leaks. Or I'm wide awake. I need a sleep number bed. Will this work for me? I have moderate sleep apnea.
Hi Annettia,

You might want to start a separate thread listing all the masks you have tried and the problems you have had. There are alot of forum experts here who would be glad to help you troubleshoot your issues.

49er

Annettia J. Whitsett

Post by Annettia J. Whitsett » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:46 am

I've tried getting drunk to fall asleep. Can not a just the mask. Used nose plug mask, mouth always falls open and wakes me up. Chin strap doesn't work mouth still comes open.

Annettia J. Whitsett

Post by Annettia J. Whitsett » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:49 am

So you're telling me that you have never found a person that cannot sleep in any of your sleep mask is that the answer that you're giving me

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Annettia J. Whitsett wrote:I just can't sleep with the mask on. I've tried all types, and. It has to be to tight to seal on my face, or it leaks. Or I'm wide awake. I need a sleep number bed. Will this work for me? I have moderate sleep apnea.
Sleeping sitting up is fine for normal people, that DON'T have Sleep Apnea. It can help "If" there is a REAL reason you can't use your XPAP, ie no power, broken, ect, not De-Nile or thinking it's too hard, doesn't work. YOU have to make it work, LiFE won't always fix it's self, it requires effort!

You still run the risk of untreated Sleep Apnea, which includes dying! If you do sleep setting up, use your XPAP. Your body will thank you... Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire