CPAP in europe

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
allennosleep

CPAP in europe

Post by allennosleep » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:12 pm

making my first trip to europe with my CPAP and I'm told a simple plug converter isn't always the only thing I need. So to keep from turning my system one remstar machine into a smoking hulk of plastic, I am asking here on what I need to bring / do to make sure this all works?

I will be in Belgium / Brussels and London England.

Any info would be greatly apprecaited on your experience with this same thing as well as what I need to buy/take to convert the power.

drj130

Re: CPAP in europe

Post by drj130 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Take a look at the bottom of your power brick. It will say something like : INPUT: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz. This means that your machine is dual voltage and all you'll need is the proper plug for the location you are going. If my information is correct, and I believe that it is, this is the type of adapter that you'll need for London http://www.amazon.com/Universal-to-UK-P ... B000G1EWZ2

For the rest of Europe, this is what you'll need: http://www.amazon.com/WONPRO-BELGIUM-PL ... B002058YZG

I know this information because I'm stationed in Germany.
David

Look twice, save a life. You never know when you might see a motorcyclist.

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:49 pm

allennosleep wrote:making my first trip to europe with my CPAP and I'm told a simple plug converter isn't always the only thing I need. So to keep from turning my system one remstar machine into a smoking hulk of plastic, I am asking here on what I need to bring / do to make sure this all works?

I will be in Belgium / Brussels and London England.

Any info would be greatly apprecaited on your experience with this same thing as well as what I need to buy/take to convert the power.
You were told wrong. All you need is appropriate adapter plug for each country. Your PRS1 machine will work on either 110 or 220 voltage.

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

DJL

Post by DJL » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:27 pm

About six years ago I took my Resmed S8 to England and the machine automatically adjusted itself to 240 volts, but you do need a plug adapter. It might also be worth taking an extension lead as some wall sockets in hotel rooms may be too far away.
Also, when I left America I was allowed to have a carryon and my CPAP machine, but when I was flying out of England they would only allow one bag. But check to see if the rules have changed since I went.

Dave

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:52 pm

Yes some airlines alow the extra
bag and some dont. I just take the VPAP and thats all.

allennosleep

Post by allennosleep » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:43 pm

I've thought about buying one of the smaller travel cpaps but the problem I would think with those would be they dont have the humidifier and I hate cottonmouth. I hadn't thought about carrying my cpap on the plane with me. It would be disaster though if my bags got lost and I had to try and sleep without it.

You guys are right on the volts which is great (i dont have to worry about that side of it).

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:00 pm

allennosleep wrote:making my first trip to europe with my CPAP and I'm told a simple plug converter isn't always the only thing I need.
Take a US power extension cord with you as well. You can never be sure that a hotel will actually provide an accessible power outlet adjacent to the bed

Cheers,

Bill