Looking for SleepyHead Qt v0.8 alpha (or newer version...)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
racprops

Looking for SleepyHead Qt v0.8 alpha (or newer version...)

Post by racprops » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Ok I made a A** of myself...but I really want to go forward and try to get things up and running again.

I am going to bed with out a program that gives me a good readout of how I am doing...I am flying blind with no radar.

Rich.

Stormynights

Re: Looking for SleepyHead Qt v0.8 alpha (or newer version...)

Post by Stormynights » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:23 pm

You are totally unbelievable. No wonder you can't sleep.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:50 pm

racprops, in another thread wrote:I have not made a change for a month or more...
Since you haven't had a need to make a change recently, this is not an emergency.

Chill.
jeff

racprops

Post by racprops » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:07 pm

I have no idea what your saying...

It is like a blankety, I am reassured when I wake up in the middle of the night two or four times that I am doing all I can OR that I need to tighten up on my pillows to keep myself on my good side.

I like being able to check.

I am still having some problems from time to time.

Rich

Stormynights wrote:You are totally unbelievable. No wonder you can't sleep.

racprops

Post by racprops » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 pm

OK I have caught a lot of flak over this..

AND I have defended myself saying the first time I was told there was almost no hope;

OK here is that very thread...read it and see what I was telling you was true:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=90421

OK??

Rich

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:03 am

the latest version of sleepyhead is always found here;

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/

It's also the proper place to submit your issues, bug reports, etc.....

JediMark and Rich will see your complaints, whines, etc..about the FREE software much faster there.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

racprops

Post by racprops » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:42 am

I see you did not bother reading the earlier thread.

Thanks for the info.

But it is not the program I was looking for.

Rich

Denial Dave wrote:the latest version of sleepyhead is always found here;

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/

It's also the proper place to submit your issues, bug reports, etc.....

JediMark and Rich will see your complaints, whines, etc..about the FREE software much faster there.

CapnLoki

Post by CapnLoki » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 am

I've been watching these threads and its time to jump in ...

First, I want to thank Mark for his work and encourage everyone who uses SleepyHead frequently to send a donation his way. As a long time (now retired) software developer I appreciation the difficulty of coding for a large set of devices that are not documented. The fact that many copies have been downloaded (500 per week of the "release" plus 500 total of the latest beta) with rather few complaints says a lot about the quality.

As for this thread, SleepyHead Qt v0.8 and all later versions, are available on the listed SourceForge site. I wouldn't recommend alpha software, but its possible the one of the other recent beta versions works better for you. My understanding is that the latest beta targets the Series 60 units, and since your machine is a 50, you might do better with another release.

As for the OP's other thread, although the Respironics software is listed, there is no mention of trying the SD card with any software other than SH. The first thing I see when I look at those plots is the data is corrupted! If this has been a recurring problem, I would suspect a possibly faulty SD that should be verified with alternate software. Also, I'd be trying a different SD card - I think it has to be an small card, 1 or 2 GB with the old FAT16 formatting. I'd do this even if other software appears to read the card OK; SH may be looking at data that is ignored by others. This is a much more plausible cause of the problem, given that the problem only seems to appear with this card.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html

robysue

Post by robysue » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:54 am

racprops wrote:I see you did not bother reading the earlier thread.

Thanks for the info.

But it is not the program I was looking for.
Just what program are you looking for????

SleepyHead Qt v0.8 alpha was replaced with the SleepyHead 0.9.* versions that you've been pointed to and have rejected.

Last edited by robysue on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:27 am

CapnLoki wrote:As for the OP's other thread, although the Respironics software is listed, there is no mention of trying the SD card with any software other than SH.
OP has Encore Basic software and it works fine with his machine and his SD card...he just doesn't like it as well as SleepyHead.
So since Basic is reporting things just fine I doubt there is a problem with a corrupted file.
In his words...Encore stinks.
It doesn't allow for a lot of the interactive features that SH and the reports are visually different but the reports are there so it isn't like he doesn't have any functioning software. He just can't rely on what he prefers. SleepyHead spoiled him and I don't blame him in wanting to get it to working again.

I did give him some ideas to try to bring back the functionality of SH since it was working just fine for quite a while.
So far without any success.
Last idea was to try SH 9.2-1 version and only with last night's data on the SD card to see if maybe a past file was mucking things up.
Don't know if that worked or not.
Might also try same thing with 9.3 version...

Since SH worked just fine for quite a while...it's odd that it doesn't work now and we don't know why.

For right now...950 users trying SH may find it hit or miss. Some people find it works fine and others can't get anything and some people find it works great for a while and then goes on strike.
960 users can't use SH at all as it isn't remotely compatible. EncoreBasic 2.2 doesn't work either. So far the only thing that I have heard that works with the 960 is a later Encore Pro version that I haven't been able to locate and snag.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

racprops

Post by racprops » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks for some levelheaded replies…

OP??Is that me??

I was not aware and was too groggy to read all the way though the old tread to understand that was the early version of the current version...I blame the bad night.

OK I figured out it just might be something with either the ASV Machine OR the SD Card.

I after lots of help got my old copy of SH totally off my machine and a clean fresh new install.

Then I reloaded the data off the card and got the very same result and the VERY same misreading’s.

Pardon the pun: That does NOT compute.. You should not get the same result twice on two different installs..at lease I don’t think you should.

The flawed data is seemly a part of the cards record.

So I then off loaded all the data from the SD Card, more or less cleaning it.

I then tried to go back to bed.

Well my best guess is the machine did not like the SD Card for after a few minutes the unit sounded an alarm, and the SD Card symbol in the screen keep have some kind of action…it did not seem ready to stop.

I pulled the card and read it and it had no data.

I then reinstalled it back in the machine and left it there all day. It did its number with the card for some time…

Last night I saw it was not behaving normally and so when to sleep.

As is my custom I woke up after 2:26 and took a reading:

I found that the statistics page is stuck on July 15 2013 and has not been updating at all.

But that the daily reports and graphs are working normally again.

So with crossed fingers I pray it will stay this way..as I am not reporting to any Doctor and doing this now on my own the compliance part of the record is not any concern.

Pugsy again my many thanks and for not jumping on the witch hunt..funny how last time I got no flak over my thread about the first time I ran into this kind of problem, in fact I read the posts as supportive that time…

I can only guess Mark coming back and reporting his illness change the way people reacted.

Rich

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:31 pm

racprops wrote:OP??Is that me??
Yep that would be you.
I use OP a lot instead of typing out the screen ID name or saying "Original Poster"....just laziness on my part.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

racprops

Post by racprops » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Got it...

Clever, when over my head.

Rich

CapnLoki

Post by CapnLoki » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:28 pm

So I guess I'll stick with my hunch of a bad SD card. They're fairly reliable, but die the same way hard drives do: just at the moment of maximal annoyance. If its a simple file corruption, deleting files works. If its a formatting mess then reformatting helps. But for a small card, I would just find another in the back of the drawer, or pay $5 for a new one, and reformat that.

Having never done it, I can't say how best to format for a PRS1. If Encore has a format function, I'd go with that. However, my card claims FAT32 format; I just put in an old 1 GB card that is FAT32 and half filled with pics from 2008 and it seemed to work. Go for it.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html