Sorry I have Been Away. I can no longer sell equip on here!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
papman857

Sorry I have Been Away. I can no longer sell equip on here!

Post by papman857 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:39 pm

To all my friends here on the forum, I am sorry that I have not responded to any of your emails or PM's. My computer took a serious poop and was in the process of getting a new one. I also received an email from a woman that monitors the forum stating that I can no longer sell any of my equipment on here. So here is the deal...I still have what I listed available but just cannot list here. Please inquire at my personal email at papman857@yahoo.com. I will do my best to continue to help those who need it....

Taringa542

Re: Sorry I have Been Away. I can no longer sell equip on here!

Post by Taringa542 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:01 pm

papman857 wrote:To all my friends here on the forum, I am sorry that I have not responded to any of your emails or PM's. My computer took a serious poop and was in the process of getting a new one. I also received an email from a woman that monitors the forum stating that I can no longer sell any of my equipment on here. So here is the deal...I still have what I listed available but just cannot list here. Please inquire at my personal email at papman857@yahoo.com. I will do my best to continue to help those who need it....
That is sad Papman, its going to hurt those that can least afford CPAP equipment

Grand-PAP

Post by Grand-PAP » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:41 pm

papman857 wrote:To all my friends here on the forum, I am sorry that I have not responded to any of your emails or PM's. My computer took a serious poop and was in the process of getting a new one. I also received an email from a woman that monitors the forum stating that I can no longer sell any of my equipment on here. So here is the deal...I still have what I listed available but just cannot list here. Please inquire at my personal email at papman857@yahoo.com. I will do my best to continue to help those who need it....
Hi Papman,

Sorry to hear that you have been asked not to post equipment on the website.

When I was in college I heard of a sign posted in the employee section of a popular restaurant that said, “Good customers don’t complain; they just don’t come back.” That has stuck with me for over 50 years. I hate to be a "customer" that silently leaves without providing the feedback that might help the business. I hope that doesn't make me a bad customer.

Since my machine and equipment are paid for by Medicare, I have not had the need to purchase much; however, I have made a few purchases and used cpap.com specifically because they sponsor this site. I suspect a large number of the 67,089 members (now 67,088), plus guests, have done the same. In addition to building goodwill, I suspect that sponsoring the site produces significant sales for cpap.com.

I understand and accept the fact that the owners of cpap.com are the site sponsors and are TOTALLY within their right to monitor and restrict whatever they choose. I’m not sure if they have evaluated the negative impact doing so might have. I have sold a few machines on cpaptalk. I always felt that it was one forum member helping another. I certainly was not doing it as a business. Maybe I rationalized that it did not negatively impact cpap.com. If it has, I apologize!!

If the few individual machine sales that papman or I might have done impacted cpap.com to the extent that he is not welcome, then I don’t feel welcome either. So, I will resign as a member.

PLEASE do not post a response that you would expect me answer, because after I post this, I will no longer sign on and would not be aware of your post.

This is a very close group and I have developed great admiration for many of the members. I thank each and every member who has so generously contributed their time and knowledge. In addition to the help you have given me, you have been a great inspiration!

Keep up the good work!

Taringa542

Post by Taringa542 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Grand-PAP wrote:
Hi Papman,

Sorry to hear that you have been asked not to post equipment on the website.

When I was in college I heard of a sign posted in the employee section of a popular restaurant that said, “Good customers don’t complain; they just don’t come back.” That has stuck with me for over 50 years. I hate to be a "customer" that silently leaves without providing the feedback that might help the business. I hope that doesn't make me a bad customer.

Since my machine and equipment are paid for by Medicare, I have not had the need to purchase much; however, I have made a few purchases and used cpap.com specifically because they sponsor this site. I suspect a large number of the 67,089 members (now 67,088), plus guests, have done the same. In addition to building goodwill, I suspect that sponsoring the site produces significant sales for cpap.com.

I understand and accept the fact that the owners of cpap.com are the site sponsors and are TOTALLY within their right to monitor and restrict whatever they choose. I’m not sure if they have evaluated the negative impact doing so might have. I have sold a few machines on cpaptalk. I always felt that it was one forum member helping another. I certainly was not doing it as a business. Maybe I rationalized that it did not negatively impact cpap.com. If it has, I apologize!!

If the few individual machine sales that papman or I might have done impacted cpap.com to the extent that he is not welcome, then I don’t feel welcome either. So, I will resign as a member.

PLEASE do not post a response that you would expect me answer, because after I post this, I will no longer sign on and would not be aware of your post.

This is a very close group and I have developed great admiration for many of the members. I thank each and every member who has so generously contributed their time and knowledge. In addition to the help you have given me, you have been a great inspiration!

Keep up the good work!
Wow!!!! I guess that number is now reduced to 67,087. I concur with Grand-Pap, Goodbye all it has been a pleasure up until now

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:58 pm

Dont panic and leave guys... this has happened before and its not the fault of cpap.com. A few years ago there was an auction site for cpap equipment that was sponsored by cpap.com..... the same happened to ebay with cpap equipment. Before I put my foot in it I would suggest that you read a bunch of threads with cpap auction in the context... cpap.com were forced to discontinue the site and none of the members here were happy about it. Not cpap.coms fault......................
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Maybe it is Resmed and Phillips Respironics that is causing the changes just like with cpap auction. Nan beat me and said it better.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:14 pm

It is the manufacturers that play the heavy.
They force the merchants not to host anyone who sells second hand equipment on threat of not selling to them. Resmed is famous for it.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:22 pm

This is not cpaptalk.com's idea. Someone is twisting their arms, and they are
not at liberty to say what is going on.
jeff

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:35 pm

You all amaze me, one person posts, a story about a unconfirmed email, sent by a unconfirmed person, and the sheeples are up in arms, no wonder we have the government we have.

I won't condemn Cpaptalk or the management for this without facts which are totally absent. I think this forum should NOT support the sale of equiptment by others in the business. Bussinesses should have there own web sites or fixed locations to operate from, not be parasites on others, that for me shows poor taste.

The Goodmans are more than fair, but if it was me running a business I wouldn't pay for advertising from competitors. I'm waiting to see some facts, I'm not a Sheeple! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:38 pm

nanwilson wrote:Dont panic and leave guys... this has happened before and its not the fault of cpap.com. A few years ago there was an auction site for cpap equipment that was sponsored by cpap.com..... the same happened to ebay with cpap equipment. Before I put my foot in it I would suggest that you read a bunch of threads with cpap auction in the context... cpap.com were forced to discontinue the site and none of the members here were happy about it. Not cpap.coms fault......................
I'm quite shocked that posters have chosen such a drastic action based on a single post with no background info. Poor cpap.com hasn't even been given their day in court. Guilty with no chance to be proven innocent. Oh well.

Taringa542

Post by Taringa542 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:06 pm

ughwhatname wrote:
nanwilson wrote:Dont panic and leave guys... this has happened before and its not the fault of cpap.com. A few years ago there was an auction site for cpap equipment that was sponsored by cpap.com..... the same happened to ebay with cpap equipment. Before I put my foot in it I would suggest that you read a bunch of threads with cpap auction in the context... cpap.com were forced to discontinue the site and none of the members here were happy about it. Not cpap.coms fault......................
I'm quite shocked that posters have chosen such a drastic action based on a single post with no background info. Poor cpap.com hasn't even been given their day in court. Guilty with no chance to be proven innocent. Oh well.
My last post on the subject! Both Grand-pap & myself know the op quite well, hence the decision to leave

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:07 pm

ughwhatname wrote:
If it was the manufacturers playing the heavy they will not be allowed to comment on it. This happened before with the auction site.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Taringa542 wrote:[

My last post on the subject! Both Grand-pap & myself know the op quite well, hence the decision to leave
Taringa Im afraid I must comment. You actually KNOW Papman..... you live in Australia, he lives in Illinois and only arrived here in mid April, that's 3 months ago is it not, and you KNOW him QUITE WELL... hmmmmmmm. I think that you are standing up for someone that you have done business with a few times as he is a business man re-selling cpap equipment.
Cpap.com have been in business for many years and do a wonderful job hosting this great site of cpaptalk, and have been made to jump through more than a few hoops to keep this site up and running. I think you should give them a little slack on the subject of Papman, you don't know the circumstances, neither does Grandpap and neither do I. You have only heard Papmans side of the story and I am sure that Cpap.com will not be able to tell their side of the story.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

papman857

Post by papman857 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Thanks for those who are showing support but I really would not anyone to leave the forum due to this minor bump I'm the road. I have provided my personal email address for those people that would like to see what I may have in stock at that time. I will remain on here as a member but just not post cpap equipment. So for those who want to leave I say this.....Please stay. I am not letting anyone run me out of this forum and you should not as well. I do appreciate the support but lets stick together and stay here and utilize the help that this forum provides and also try and help others as well.

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:54 pm

papman857 wrote:...So for those who want to leave I say this.....Please stay. I am not letting anyone run me out of this forum and you should not as well. I do appreciate the support but lets stick together and stay here and utilize the help that this forum provides and also try and help others as well.
I don't believe anyone is trying to run anyone else out of this forum. The two posters to whom you are addressing here have chosen to leave of their own accord. No one is trying to get them to leave.

I'm glad that you will remain to utilize the forum for the purpose intended, and I hope they change their minds and do the same.