saline solution in heated humidifier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CPAPFetish

Re: Turned on CPAP

Post by CPAPFetish » Fri May 12, 2006 11:14 am

[quote="brasshopper"]Might that not depend on the sexual orientation of the CPAP? You leave no clue, but just maybe you are just the wrong sex to turn the cpap on.

Of course, if it were a BiPAP, your sex might not matter so much,

That suggests a joke about a TriPAP. Not a good joke, though, even by the above standard.

Do you think that maybe the right music would help? I suggest David Bowie's Under Pressure as one possibility. Hmmm, what other music might turn a CPAP on?

Offerocker

CPAP FETISH

Post by Offerocker » Fri May 12, 2006 12:29 pm

I've been stoking, caressing, fondling, kissing, rubbing, licking, and massaging my CPAP for hours now and it's STILL not getting turned on. I starting to think it might be frigid....do you think a heated humidifier would help?
WOW, I sure needed that! My duck tape even broke loose!!!

I might suggest to try the 'ramping approach', you know, ease into it, and then go full force!! Just remember that you and the strokee (CPAP) need to heat up at the same rate, else you might get a rain date, ha ha.

Respironics Auto C-Flex, HC-150, Activa, CL2 Simple Cushion, ComfortSleeve, Saline Snorter.

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Fri May 12, 2006 2:15 pm

"Good night David."

"Good night Chet."
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

Ric

Post by Ric » Fri May 12, 2006 3:30 pm

krousseau wrote:"Good night David."

"Good night Chet."
LOL !!!!

(love your attitude, kay) .

how many ppl nowadays know what you're talking about ???

(now where did i put the stoooopid channel-changer??? oh WAIT! those haven't been invented yet.)

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Fri May 12, 2006 5:45 pm

A poll might get ppls minds off this thread.
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

Gidgie

Post by Gidgie » Fri May 12, 2006 10:21 pm

Is there by any chance a full moon on the rise?? I laughed so hard I nearly fell off my chair........oh help.....! I've fallen and I can't reach my computer!

tomjax

computer

Post by tomjax » Sat May 13, 2006 5:07 am

Gidge, just what relationship do you have with your computer?

Is it a male or female computer?
I am about to come to the conclusion that PAP users develop very kinky and deviant relationships with things they have no business messing around with.

Have you tried vaseline on your computer or brillo pads to sterilize it?

Sorry, gotta get back to my mouse-
AHHHHHHHHH.
OHHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Guest » Sat May 13, 2006 8:17 pm

Gidgie......without time to log in.......my little grandaughter will be here any minute......or I'd be finding a smart comeback for that one......I'll have to ask my friends about the gender of this machine.......who would know better?,,,,,,after all, they raised it!

Gidgie

Post by Gidgie » Sat May 13, 2006 11:51 pm

AH-HA!! Just when you thought it was safe.........What is this about you and YOUR computer, Tom.......(was that 'cat' or 'jax?)???? FYI, mine may occupy a prominent place on my office desk.........but, I'll have you know, it's my CPAP that I sleep with......I don't think I want to know what you do with yours!!!!!!!

CPAPFetish

Problem analyzed

Post by CPAPFetish » Mon May 15, 2006 7:32 am

I've been reading a lot of John Grey lately (CPAPs are from Mars, Hoseheads are from Venus), and I think I now understand my CPAP's lack of intimacy.

You see, ours was an arranged marriage. At a very young age, my Doctor and DME worked out this arrangement on their own and without any input from me or my CPAP. In fact, I never even MET my CPAP (much less went out on a date with it) before my DME dropped him off. I understand both my doctor and my DME received a hefty dowery from my insurance company as part of this arrangement.

John Grey has made me realize that it was because of this lack of courtship early in our relationship that has made things so tough now between us. Worse still, I now realize that I'm in love with someone else: a Respironics M Series with C-Flex.

I don't want to cheat on my Puritan Bennet and I want this to work out. But I can't deny my feelings any longer for the Respironics. Should I risk it all to find true love? So far, I haven't acted on these desires (just playful flirting on the web with the Respironics). There are others involved, innocent ones who I don't want to hurt -- my Swift Nasal Pillows, the heated humidifier -- But I think I deserve to be happy.

Confused in Boston.

Aunt Erma

Dear Confused in Boston...

Post by Aunt Erma » Mon May 15, 2006 9:33 am

Dear Confuzed,

Life is too short to dance with ugly CPAPs. You must go with your heart, and your true feelings. The arrangement you describe is not at all uncommon, but it belongs to a different culture and a different era.

And this time around make sure the xPAP of your dreams can afford his own AUTO!

Sincerely,

Aunt Erma

(suzy? dat you?)

CPAPFetish

Post by CPAPFetish » Mon May 15, 2006 12:46 pm

Thanks for the advice, Aunt Erma.

However, I spoke with my mom and she had some good thoughts on this. Basically, I need to grow up and make this relationship work. Back in her day, people just didn't give up on CPAP the minute they ran into problems. I guess hoseheads of her generation were just more committed.

She had some really good advice, too for when the going got rough. When I'm not in the mood for my CPAP, she told me to just lie back, stare at the ceiling and think of England and it would be over before I knew it!

No longer confused

HELITUTOR

Re: saline solution in heated humidifier

Post by HELITUTOR » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:52 pm

The CPAP humidifier is just a plastic tank with a metal spot on the bottom to transfer heat to the water. That reservoir has a limited lifetime anyway and must be periodically replaced because they start leaking no matter how well you care for them. The heating element and electronic humidifier controls are isolated from all contents of the tank. I believe that the use of a very mild, non medicated saline solution is analogous to living on the beach and breathing the sea spray and salt laden air. I also think that it is fine to add a few drops of Vicks inhalant if you need it. Moderation is key here. I refuse to be frightened by the naysayers here that worry about the longevity of a $20 plastic tank and a plastic tube. I own it all and it is mine to with as I please. Any concentration with enough salinity or chemical potency to damage plastic or nylon should not even be a consideration for putting into your lungs. Trying to scare me about my CPAP machine blowing out or failing somehow simply won't cut it. You might try that with someone with absolutely no mechanical or chemical knowledge whatsoever. Common sense dictates that any impurity when heated will eventually leave a sediment but such is the cost of doing business if you NEED it.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:10 pm

saline solution in humidifier causes bad vision problems including blurry vision with a dramatic loss of vision.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Guest wrote:saline solution in humidifier causes bad vision problems including blurry vision with a dramatic loss of vision.
horsefeathers. something else is responsible for your dramatic loss of sanity.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.