Learn me about hypopneas please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mr19

Learn me about hypopneas please

Post by Mr19 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:19 pm

My AHI ranges from about 3.2-3.7. I think I had a 4.2, but usually I'm in the mid 3s. The vast majority of these are hypopneas, according to my S7 Elite. My AO number is almost always very low 0-0.3. My leaks are in the .25l/m range, plus or minus .1.

Honestly, I don't know if this is good or bad. I've tried increasing my pressure, but I don't see a noticeable change (except perhaps in leaks).

I've read about the S8 overreporting hypopneas. Was this a problem with the S7 too?

Anyway, should I be happy with these numbers, or should I be trying to get things lower.

FWIW, I feel great (and better all the time). I'm needing less sleep, able to work out more and don't get sore muscles when I do work out.

Thoughts?

DreamStalker

Re: Learn me about hypopneas please

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:22 pm

You're getting sleeeeepy ...

If the hypops are not bothering you, I would not worry to much about them. You could always get yourself a recording pulse oximeter to see if you are getting any significant desaturations.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Xney

Post by Xney » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:41 pm

hypopneas are like apneas, but you have less obstruction. They can be just as disruptive to sleep, however.

If you're feeling great and the AHI is below 5, I would say don't worry about it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:58 pm

Your leak number that you want to stay below is 0.40 L/sec...that equals the 24 L/min that you see being reported from S9 users.
So your 0.25 L/sec is fine.

Your AHI is fine also. If you are feeling good, sleeping well and happy with your treatment as it is then there is no reason to worry about trying to get those hyponeas a little lower.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.