lincare complaints

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mamie05

Re: lincare complaints

Post by Mamie05 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Lincare is the biggest mess I have ever seen. I had some billing problems, etc with them and when I walked into the office, they all scattered and even the manager shut his door. Nobody knew what they were doing. My husband said they were as dumb as a stump. Their medical billing made me return my machine because my insurance wasn't paying they said. I argued for 2 months to get it back and no dice. Had to go with another company and pay a higher price. We are going to to write a letter to the higher ups of Lincare. I could have died without my machine but they didn't care. In the end, they were wrong and I was right but not going back. Be very careful who you are dealing with.

corybodette

Post by corybodette » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:19 am

I have nothing but good experiences with lincare. Every month i receive a call from them regarding my supplies and within 10 days i get my supplies in the mail. i believe that the experience that you receive is different from one office to the other

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:53 am

corybodette wrote:I have nothing but good experiences with lincare. Every month i receive a call from them regarding my supplies and within 10 days i get my supplies in the mail. i believe that the experience that you receive is different from one office to the other
What supplies are needed every month?

Raphaella

Post by Raphaella » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:50 pm

I about fainted when I saw this thread! I had LinCare in Reno, NV and it was the worst experience-I thought I would have a nervous break down/heart attack just from the stress for MONTHS. tHIER SALES REP ALWAYS LIED TO ME; TOLD ME i HAD 100% COVERAGE FOR A NEW MACHINE (LESSONS LEARNED) AND JUST DROPPED ONE OFF AND IT WAS NOT COVERED. Nothing made sense, they could never sort out the billing, I went to the office once in person and two women were smoking at their desks-like a scene straight from the fifties/sixties. I finally just took back the cpap machine and dropped it off telling them I want nothing to do with them-I refused to pay the bill becuase they admitted it was all screwed up! this was maybe 5 years ago and they still have problems locally, I have heard. It really is shameful. Business should be in business to conduct BUISNESS!

A shame that you have to go through this...hang in there and take action-BE PRO-ACTIVE AND MOVE IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH YOUR GUT LEVEL FEELING . GOOD LUCK....
-Raphaella

CPAP: S9 Elite™ CPAP Machine w/Heated Humidifier
Mask: ResMed Quattro FX Full Face Mask
Oxygen: Respironics EverFlo Q Concentrator

nosleep4me

Post by nosleep4me » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Lincare is a national corporation that among other things, provides respiratory supplies. My new and exceptionally good sleep doctor sent my sleep study results to this company to supply my cpap and supplies. One month after my sleep study I had not heard from Lincare in spite of my doctor's instructions that I needed to be contacted ASAP. Repeated daily calls to Lincare from my doctor produced no results. They NEVER called me. I finally got their local number and called them myself. The day I spoke to the local person she said that she had just gotten my information that morning and hadn't had time to call me. She was just leaving the office (12:30pm) I told her that if I didn't get my cpap the next day that Lincare would not be supplying it. They are supposed to come to your home. I told her that I preferred to meet her at her location at her specified time to assure that I would actually get my equipment. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT.

purple

Post by purple » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:21 pm

I live in a somewhat rural area about 110 miles east of Dallas. For a company to survive here they can not depend on new fools to keep the cash registers going ka ching. Simply put, I am now using Lincare, and after only one month, seems to be going great. They brought the machine of my choice (Resmed S9 VPAP auto, with zero hours) out in less than 24 hours of getting the order from the doc. The tech, without being told brought out the climate line hose, and the washable humidifier tank. The RT was quite willing to stand in my living room, go over all the details of using the machine, and then was willing to stay as long as I had questions. Then he called back in two days asking me if I needed anything, or had more questions. (Yes, he gave me his phone number and said call him anytime. A question came up about billing. Instead of calling the billing office, I called my local Lincare. Their office manager happily called the billing office to come back and tell me not to worry about the bill, it was just generated automatically by their computer.

I may sour on Lincare if billing issues come up and are unresolved. I am firmly of the opinion that the folks in the office feel they are there to be helpful to my treatment, and do not want to know anything about the billing end. That is, they do not worry about the money part, I guess, until their company calls them and tells them not to help me anymore. I am on Traditional Medicare, if that is of interest.

Natali

Post by Natali » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:54 am

I am dealing with the New Mexico Branch and they are awful faxed orders over 3 weeks ago and spoke with someone that day. He wanted me to send orders to another DME because he didn't want to go set up a C-pap that day. I explained it did not have to be the same day it could be next week. I told him to proceed with the orders. Now 3 weeks later I get a call from the patient that she has not heard anything from them. I call them back and he tells me oh! I thought you were sending to another DME. This is very frustrating and if there was another DME company that takes her insurance in Deming NM, trust me I would definatly switch. They are just rude, hateful and don't care about the patient's. This company needs to shut down. This is not the first problem I have had with them

sunrise

Post by sunrise » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Yes I received my cpap about a month ago and I have complained about the size of the mask being to big. She came today brings me a petite mask different company seems to be the same size as the small I had before. She runs in and out of my house in 5 to 10 minutes the most. I would think that if I am being fitted for a mask they would measure my face. I asked her if they had child sizes she says yes so why didn't she bring child sizes. Unfortunately this is going to make or break me using the cpap.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Sunrise, go to another supplier; you are not tied to the same one for mask and machine.
Unless your machine is a rental, you need never deal with them again.
Contact your insurance, and find out who else is in network--call to find the one you like, and go there!
Do not let one rotten apple cause you to give up--you are worth more than that.

NeNeen

Post by NeNeen » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:41 pm

This will be a long post but I have not but positive experiences with Lincare and have dealt with 2 offices in 2 separate states. Here is my story.

Back in 2012 after a bout with pneumonia I was put on oxygen 24/7. The day I was released from the hospital they delivered a big concentrator. The tech set it up gave me portable tanks and spent time explaining the equipment. I went to the office the next day and explained that I waes on a fixed income and they set me up as a hardship case paying $5 a month. At the time they were the only DME in my town and in my network. Six months later I needed a CPAP. After coming here and found recommendations I made my decision which machine I wanted. Went to my dr. and made my request. Nurse told me dr. could not specify a certain machine. I insisted. Went to DME and placed my order. They were hesitate but I again I insisted and they complied.

When the muchine came in the tech delivered it and spent time setting it up and went in great detail how to use it.

Then May of this year I explained I was going to move to NV and explained it would take me about 4 days driving. They rushed a battery operated concentrator for me to use and set up delivery of a big concentrator to my temp housing. At the time I had to change insurance companies and Lincare was not in their network. Talked to local Lincare office and they agreed to my hardship and accept out out-of-network payment from insurance company.

In August I went on vacation back home and they arranged to deliver a big concentrator while I was there. Then in December I went to visit my daughter again they delivered the machine While there I visited my son 90 miles away and they delivered another machine.

I have developed nerve damage in my hands and find it difficult lifting the portable concentrator I have. They are moving heaven and earth to get me the newest and better unit.

I am a Lincare customer for life.

sawinglogz

Post by sawinglogz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:36 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Sunrise, go to another supplier
Indeed. Check your PMs.

John Chowder

Post by John Chowder » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:03 am

I guess I should be worried.

LinCare just received my scrip from my sleep Dr. today. They said they'd be calling in the next couple of days to set up an 'in home' appointment to bring me my machine and mask. I'd love to get the "PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex", but my scrip just says 'BIPAP @ INS 17 EXP 14 CM. (E0470)

Anyone ever get a BiPAP from LinCare before?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:10 am

This model?
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-sys ... chine.html
Look at the identification plate on the bottom--know what the numbers mean so you won't be given an older model.
Make them show you the run hours so you know you are not getting a USED machine.

John Chowder

Post by John Chowder » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 am

Yup, that's the one. I'll definitely check the model number. I'll see if I can find out what model they're planning on bringing me when they call to set up the appointment.

This site is so helpful!

sawinglogz

Post by sawinglogz » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:33 pm

With that billing code, odds are that they'll give you the non-auto (Bi-Pap Pro), since the DME gets the same payment for either, and the auto is more expensive. Unless you can ask your doctor to specify "auto" in the prescription.

Also, they might give you a resmed instead of PR. Based on the people here who have experience with both, they're both good.

If it's a PR, when you plug it in it will briefly show you blower hours. Makes it nice and easy to check.