Is the Resmed SD card unique?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
soundersfootballclub

Is the Resmed SD card unique?

Post by soundersfootballclub » Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 pm

I bought a replacement SD card at Walgreens and it wouldn't work in my S9. When I do a search online I see CPAP stores selling Resmed branded SD cards. I thought it was a generic card? Thoughts?

Pugsy

Re: Is the Resmed SD card unique?

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 30, 2013 2:32 pm

They are generic SD cards. They don't have to be ResMed branded SD cards.
The card that you bought that won't work...is it a plain SD card or one of those high def SD cards? Some of the S9 machines don't like the high def cards.
What message did you get as to why the machine didn't like the new SD card?
Did you try reformatting the new SD card?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:34 pm

It's just a regular SD card; a generic one should be fine.

Will your PC recognize the card? Have you tried reformatting it?

And be sure the little write-protect slide is in the position that allows writing.

Edit: I see I was out-pugged.
jeff

soundersfootballclub

Post by soundersfootballclub » Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks for the responses. I returned the card so not sure what kind it was specifically just that it fit fine. I did try to reformat it and pretty much do everything that could be done to get it to work properly that I could try technically. I will go back and see if it was an hd card or something unusual along those lines. Aargh.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 30, 2013 3:44 pm

I have used a SanDisk SD card from WalMart in my S9. No problems at all. I have not tried one of the High Def SD cards but I have heard that the newer machines don't care about HD SD cards but some of the older S9 machines did.
I didn't even have to reformat the SanDisk SD card that I used.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

soundersfootballclub

Post by soundersfootballclub » Thu May 30, 2013 3:53 pm

Pugsy wrote:I have used a SanDisk SD card from WalMart in my S9. No problems at all. I have not tried one of the High Def SD cards but I have heard that the newer machines don't care about HD SD cards but some of the older S9 machines did.
Ok. I'm going to head out to a store that has a better selection and seek out a SanDisk card. Thanks.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Thu May 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Pugsy wrote:I have used a SanDisk SD card from WalMart in my S9. No problems at all. I have not tried one of the High Def SD cards but I have heard that the newer machines don't care about HD SD cards but some of the older S9 machines did.
I have always tried to buy only the plain vanilla SD cards for my S9 AutoSet.
The last one I bought was a 2 GB SD card - because I could not find any that were only 1 GB.

I now see that the S9s they are selling now come with a 2 GB SD card & no longer just the 1 GB SD card as in the past. I guess even ResMed is having trouble finding only 1 GB SD cards. Of course it will never fill up even a 1 GB SD card.

Anyho, I just bought another card for my almost 1 1/2 year old S9 AutoSet.
Again was having trouble locating plain vanilla SD cards, so I purchased a Class 10 SDHC 4 GB card. Figured I could use it elsewhere if the S9 didn't like it. I have been using it in my S9 for over 2 weeks now with no problems whatsoever.

I do format my cards once a week using the SDFormatter v3.1 software made specifically for SD cards. That seems to avoid the problems some have had with SDHC cards, especially the higher Class #s like the Class 10 I bought.

The SDFormatter software can be downloaded for FREE at https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/ (available for both Windows & Mac)

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html