ResScan Software Download

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: ResScan Software Download

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 am

ReadyforRest wrote:Could I get the Rescan link too, please? Thank you so much.
Check your PM box too.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

foufure

Post by foufure » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Hello.

I'm new user of ResMed S9 Elite.

Where can I find the ResScan Software for windows to read the Memory Stick ?

Thanks a lot.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:51 pm

foufure wrote: Where can I find the ResScan Software for windows to read the Memory Stick ?

Thanks a lot.
Look in your private message box.
Also I sent you the tutorial so you can get a better understanding of how to use it.
Make sure Sleep Quality is set to "on" in the clinical menu of your S9.
Make sure you watch the video and pay special attention to the download prompt and change it so that you get "all data" because if you don't you only get hours of use.

You can also use SleepyHead if you wish...there's a Mac version of it.
See my signature line for links to download page (get the May 19 version) and I also have links for how to install and use SleepyHead along with understanding what you see.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

dswallow

Post by dswallow » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm a new S9 VPAP Auto user; can you send me the ReScan 4.3 software link as well? Thanks!

FXC_SLEEPLESS

Post by FXC_SLEEPLESS » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:54 pm

jdm2857 wrote:Check your PMs.
CAn you please also send me the software download liks I am a new use just started used Resscan s9 autoset and would like to read my data and see what needs to be improved.

Eljay59

Post by Eljay59 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Help please, I have just had to replace my computer after a major crash and now find I can't locate the installation files or disk for ResScan. Can anyone help? Any version for a S8 would great. Thanks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Last 3 posters...check your PM box.

sleepyb

Post by sleepyb » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Great timing for this thread... Just picked up an S9 autoset last week from Craigslist.
If you are not too tired from all the requests, it would be wonderful to get a link to this new ResScan 4.3.

Thanks,

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Latest request taken care of.
Going to bed now..

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:38 am

The ResScan software is quite clumsy and slow. I usually need to reboot it from the SD Card several times. Very annoying. You might be better off starting with SleepyHead for daily checking.

The pluses in ResScan are the Stats report which could be expanded to give median values for selected periods up to one year, and the double panes window to check respiration waves shapes. But even if you use it you need be an expert in understanding what you see.

Last edited by avi123 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

NateS

Post by NateS » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:43 am

avi123 wrote:The ResScan software is quite clumsy and slow. I usually need to reboot it from the SD Card several times. Very annoying. You might be better off starting with SleepyHead for daily checking.

The pluses in ResScan are the Stats report which could be expanded to give median values for selected periods up to one year, and the double panes window to check respiration waves shapes. But even if you use it you need be an expert in understanding what you see.
I do not have the troubles you describe with ResScan, and I'm using it on a Macintosh (with Parallels). Maybe you are running a PC with only minimal ram? If so, that could be the cause of what you are experiencing, on ResScan as well as in general use of your computer. You might consider a ram upgrade if that is the case - for a very small investment, it will feel like you bought a new computer for all your programs.

Actually, I find that SleepyHead slows down loading after you have a year or more of data in it.

To me, the best of both worlds is the instant brain-click of ResScan's daily graphs (especially the Leak graph) and the big-picture numbers overview in SleepyHead's spreadsheet on its Statistics page.

I wouldn't feel well-informed without checking both programs.

Regards, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:55 pm

NateS wrote:
avi123 wrote:
Mask: Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
Additional Comments: S9 ResMed VPAP Adapt; Masks: Swift FX->Bella Loops->Aloha->Wisp; CPAPMax Pillow; Ruby Chin Strap or Foam Collar; ResScan & SleepyHead

I too often see this flag:

How do you arrange the Chinstrap with the Wisp Nasal Mask's HeadGear?

NateS

Post by NateS » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:47 pm

avi123 wrote:
NateS wrote:
avi123 wrote:
Mask: Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
Additional Comments: S9 ResMed VPAP Adapt; Masks: Swift FX->Bella Loops->Aloha->Wisp; CPAPMax Pillow; Ruby Chin Strap or Foam Collar; ResScan & SleepyHead

I too often see this flag:

How do you arrange the Chinstrap with the Wisp Nasal Mask's HeadGear?
In 18 months of continuous daily usage of ResScan, I have only seen that message two times. I would suggest using Add/Remove to delete ResScan and then re-install it. To be safe, backup your data first, although it will probably remain untouched during the removal, but best to be sure.

I use the non-adjustable version of the Ruby, because I think it is less bulky and lies more smoothly on the head, and I put it on first, before the Wisp.

Best wishes, Nate

NateS

Post by NateS » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Another suggestion I would have is to try using a new SD 2GB card - about $5-6 via Amazon. It loads faster and smoother than my old one that came with the machine:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JR ... UTF8&psc=1

And the routine I find works best is: 1) Open ResScan; 2) Do not open your Patient File; 3) Wait for all the "bongs" to stop before you insert SD card; 4) Insert SD card and watch QuickStart Window open; 5) Select your Patient File and click View from the QuickStart Window.

PS to above - I also much prefer ResScan's Events graph over SH's.

Regards, Nate

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:57 pm

NateS wrote:Another suggestion I would have is to try using a new SD 2GB card - about $5-6 via Amazon. It loads faster and smoother than my old one that came with the machine:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JR ... UTF8&psc=1

And the routine I find works best is: 1) Open ResScan; 2) Do not open your Patient File; 3) Wait for all the "bongs" to stop before you insert SD card; 4) Insert SD card and watch QuickStart Window open; 5) Select your Patient File and click View from the QuickStart Window.

PS to above - I also much prefer ResScan's Events graph over SH's.

Regards, Nate
Nate,

Are you serious when you say that I should not use the SD Card that came with the machine? I been using about 4 other makes than Resmed during the last 3 years since I started CPAPing. All those cards get damaged very easily from the metal contacts rubbing on the plastic housing. If you look on the shiny contacts on the card you'll see the scratches there even after a few days of use. The male contact springs are so strong that they rip off the card thin plastic. Then they don't fit either in the S9 slot, or in the Kodak Reader for SD Cards, that I use. I am wondering how much longer could the S9 socket keep making good contact with the card while pushing those cards in and out? BTW, the 2 GB SanDisk costs $12 at Walgreens.

I'll try your above approach. Thanks.

I am still looking for a full face mask that would fit my face contour nicely b/c then I could get rid of the da-mn Chinstrap.

My face looks like that of the late Pope John Paul II, so why can't I find a FF mask to fit right?

Last edited by avi123 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.