new hose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mcrem

new hose

Post by mcrem » Thu May 23, 2013 9:29 am

This may or may not be an issue that has been covered on here in the past, but I'm a new user so I'll try it anyway.

The hose for my CPAP developed a hole near the end that connects to the humidifier. I ordered a new hose from CPAP.com (https://www.cpap.com/productpage/6-foot ... -ends.html), but when I use the new hose I feel almost like I'm being suffocated. It feels like there is not enough air coming through it. My wife also noticed that I have more trouble sleeping when I use that hose. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely certain what type my old hose was.

Is this a common issue and could anyone recommend a better hose or solution?

Thanks.

Sheriff Buford

Re: new hose

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 am

You should not notice the difference. Make sure there is nothing covering each end of the hose. Unplug the hose from the mask and turn the machine on and see if the air has a good flow coming out. It sounds as if something is in the hose. Again, I switch hoses all the time and I never notice a difference.

Sheriff

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 am

Their website states:

This hose is for use with all machine that use a 22mm, non-heated or standard hose. It is not compatible with machines which require the use of a thin or slim line hoses which is 15mm in diameter.

Possibly a size difference is throwing off the machine??

mcrem - please take a few minutes to add your machine information to your profile here so we all can see what machine you are using. When you log into the forum, look in the upper left corner, click on the User Control Panel link, then the Profile, then Edit Equipment

Thanks,
Chris
Hosehead since 2011-11-30

Machine: ResMed AirSense 11Autoset
Mask: ResMed AirFit N20 Nasal Mask
Software: ResMed myAir and OSCAR -Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Thu May 23, 2013 10:45 am

I agree with ChrisD..... you may need to change your settings on your machine so that it knows which size hose you are using

Dave
ChrisD wrote:
Their website states:

This hose is for use with all machine that use a 22mm, non-heated or standard hose. It is not compatible with machines which require the use of a thin or slim line hoses which is 15mm in diameter.

Possibly a size difference is throwing off the machine??

mcrem - please take a few minutes to add your machine information to your profile here so we all can see what machine you are using. When you log into the forum, look in the upper left corner, click on the User Control Panel link, then the Profile, then Edit Equipment

Thanks,
Chris

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

mcrem

Post by mcrem » Thu May 23, 2013 2:47 pm

I'm not close enough to the machine right now to get the complete info, but I know it is one of the Fisher & Paykel Sleepstyle machines. I believe it is the 233 model.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 pm

There is no hose adjustment on that machine...it takes the standard hose. Be sure that the filter is clean and that there is no obstruction. I have the same machine that I used for 4 years without any similar problem.