Infections, Bacterias, Bugs that Haunt the CPAP hose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Josiah

Re: Infections, Bacterias, Bugs that Haunt the CPAP hose

Post by Josiah » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Well, this thread has indeed brought to light quite a variation of opinion about cpap hygiene. So far very few cases have been cited of cpap caused pathology. I guess I'm leaning to the long time veterans who perform minimal maintenance on the hose.
Josiah

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:08 pm

Josiah wrote:Well, this thread has indeed brought to light quite a variation of opinion about cpap hygiene. So far very few cases have been cited of cpap caused pathology. I guess I'm leaning to the long time veterans who perform minimal maintenance on the hose.
The choice is yours as to what you want to do or feel you need to do so that you can "sleep better about whatever cleaning routine you want to use".
Some people are really gung ho about cleaning and if that makes them happy and feel better and sleep better...hey....it's their life and their equipment.

Me...I have one S9 heated hose that went through 4 different S9 machines and probably has over 15,000 hours on it without once being washed.
Now that might gross out some people but it's my hose and my life and I sleep just fine with my minimal maintenance routine.
I don't make fun of the people who want to wash everything daily....they shouldn't be making fun of me because I don't.
Only reason I retired that hose....I got a new AirSense machine and that hose won't work on the new machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Josiah wrote:Apropos of a much earlier reply in this thread, how would I make my Resmed Airsense 10 blow air at a pressure of 20 thru my tube to dry it out?
What you're asking is impossible.

When you don't have your mask on, there's no "pressure", It doesn't matter what setting you've got the machine in, if there's no mask, it'll run at max speed (airflow) trying to build up pressure, no matter whether the pressure setting is 4, or 20, (or 25, or 30, depending on machine).

Just try a 'mask fit', which will blow maximum air FLOW, which is what you want.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.