Quantcast

Bookmark and Share
General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
robysue

Re: Pugsy's Pointers...SleepyHead Tutorial and TX Hints

Postby robysue on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:13 am

Mattbnr wrote:I would love to be able to see my data. I have the s9 resmed and I am currently just going by the machine readouts.
Sleepy Head should work with your Resmed S9 if it is an Elite, AutoSet, or VPAP Auto. If it's a VPAP ASV, SleepyHead may be a bit buggy.

But the first time you download the data, you may only be able to see the last seven days worth of data. That's because Sleepy Head seems to need the flow wave data and the S9s overwrite that data every seven days.

welshmike

Re: Pugsy's Pointers..Chart from my ResMed S9 Autoset SD Card

Postby welshmike on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:02 am

Below is a clip of the chart produced by ResScan showing my apnoea for last night's sleep.
What do the Events Central mean please?
This was nearly the best night's obstructive apnoea free sleep I've had since starting using my APAP on 25 November.
Please what does that Obstructive 77.00 at about 04:40 am mean?

(If I catch that Lamb below I'm going to open the Mint sauce :D )

Pugsy

Postby Pugsy on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:50 am

welshmike wrote:What do the Events Central mean please?
This was nearly the best night's obstructive apnoea free sleep I've had since starting using my APAP on 25 November.
Please what does that Obstructive 77.00 at about 04:40 am mean?

For more member input I suggest that start a new thread with your questions. The forum veterans won't be watching this thread and you won't get the attention that you deserve.
Centrals are open airway cessation of breathing...no air flow but the airway is open as opposed to being blocked by the collapse of airway tissues causing the lack of air flow with an obstructive event.

The numbers in the boxes above the events are duration of events in seconds. So in this case an obstructive apnea that lasted 77 seconds...and yes, that's pretty darn long.

CharlieDog

Postby CharlieDog on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Sleepyhead won't fully load document files, help, FAQ, definitions etc. goes to page and I can see the page but then program crashes. Data imports and displays just fine. Very cool!

Window 7 Os

Pugsy

Re: PR S1 leak lines explained

Postby Pugsy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Here's a little more clarification on the leak line graphs from the PR System One machines in the SleepyHead reports.
As shown in the image below...there are 2 leak lines...
top line is for Total Leak (mask vent rate plus excess leaks) and the bottom line is for excess leaks only.
Calculating Excess leaks only is/was troublesome for SleepyHead due to the number of variables involved.
Since Encore and Respironics normally use "Total Leak" numbers I normally just tell people to ignore the bottom leak line and just understand the top leak line....at least till a person gets more comfortable with the data available.

Encore software will flag large leaks...SleepyHead doesn't but it isn't hard to come up with a close approximation as to where large leak territory would be when looking at a SleepyHead report.

Large leak territory using a Respironics machine is going to vary a bit depending on machine, mask and pressures used.
So there is no single exact number where we can say above this and there's a problem and below this and there isn't a problem.
In general....large leak territory doesn't begin until someone gets into the 80 to 90 L/min ranges. Stay below those total leak numbers and the machine can compensate for those leaks.

If a person just HAS to know if the total leak that they are seeing reported by Sleepyhead constitutes any large leak flags...Encore software must be used. Normally it is not needed though....if the worst leak a person ever sees being reported is 55 L/min....it won't ever get a large leak flag. :lol: and it sure isn't going to be anywhere near where it would negatively impact therapy.

Now if a leak impacts sleep quality...it needs to be fixed even if it is a tiny leak but needs to be fixed because it wakes a person up and not because it is causing the entire therapy to be worthless.

In the report above...example of a typical night for me...the leak spikes are probably a bit of mouth breathing going on.
I sleep right through those spikes...they are well below large leak territory....so I just shrug my shoulders and move on.
I am not going to go to extraordinary measures to try to prevent or fix those spikes...sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

Which leak line to concentrate on? Depends on how you like to look at your reports....just make sure you understand what you are looking at and it really doesn't matter.

pdeli

Postby pdeli on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

It seems that we both have the same machine, so I'm wondering why the scales on my "Leak" and on my "Pressure" graphs are somewhat different from yours.

Also, I know I've seen this someplace, but can you give me the definitions for the Event Flag left side markers? Plus a couple of mine are different from yours (I have no "VS" but I do have a "RE"), and I notice that there is a variation here from some of your previous graphs.

One other question; Several nights ago I inadvertently left my SD card in my card reader so there was no recorded data the following day. Now, two days later, data appears for that date. Huh?

Phil

Pugsy

Postby Pugsy on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:14 pm

pdeli wrote:It seems that we both have the same machine, so I'm wondering why the scales on my "Leak" and on my "Pressure" graphs are somewhat different from yours.

Using SleepyHead we are going to see variations in the scale numbers...even between just my reports.

pdeli wrote:but can you give me the definitions for the Event Flag left side markers? Plus a couple of mine are different from yours (I have no "VS" but I do have a "RE"), and I notice that there is a variation here from some of your previous graphs.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/s ... r_Glossary

The event flags showing on the Events graph won't include event categories where there were not any of a particular event category during the night.
Example....on nights where I don't have any Clear Airway events...there won't be a CA line on the events graph.
or another example...if I don't have one of the 2 snores that gets flagged...I won't have snore flags.
It's a SleepyHead reporting thing...

pdeli wrote:One other question; Several nights ago I inadvertently left my SD card in my card reader so there was no recorded data the following day. Now, two days later, data appears for that date. Huh?

Actually...for the PR System One machine...the only data lost during that time with the SD card out of the machine is the flow rate graphs. Everything else is stored on the machine and gets written to the SD card once it finally gets inserted.
An advantage over the S9 machines in this regard.

creekredman

Postby creekredman on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:13 am

sleephead software saved my life. being able to download my c-pap information showed the md that I was on the wrong machine. 2 new sleep studies showed very severe central sleep apnea. 103.1 per hour. Just got my asv advanced bipap 960 on 4 l of 0xygen at night. Sleepyhead giving me weird results for this asv advanced machine. Some told me sleepyhead cannot do my machine. Please help me find something that will download the right information. As soon as Jedimark & sleepyhead get the software for asv advanced please let me know

Pugsy

Postby Pugsy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 am

creekredman wrote:As soon as Jedimark & sleepyhead get the software for asv advanced please let me know

It likely won't be anytime soon unfortunately. Mark hasn't been able to work on Sleepyhead all that much lately.

Check your PM box...I sent you some information on finding Encore Pro 2.12 that will work with your machine.
Only hold up might be if your computer is Windows 8.1....I don't think it is compatible with the latest Windows...it will install on Win 8.0 and older though.

rogerkoger1

Postby rogerkoger1 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:27 am

Thanks so much for the info you and all others have provided here. I have come to determine it is going to be my responsibility to monitor the level of care I receive. I would not be able to do it without help from people like you and forums like this. Thanks to all

turbosnore

Postby turbosnore on Fri May 09, 2014 4:16 pm

Darn good job!

De-bugging is for sissies, real men do de-monstrations.

needtosleep51

Postby needtosleep51 on Sun May 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Great read thanks

Jeanccyang

Postby Jeanccyang on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Can you pm me ResScan software for mac?

Pugsy

Postby Pugsy on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Jeanccyang wrote:Can you pm me ResScan software for mac?

ResScan is strictly Windows only. There is no Mac version.
Sleepyhead has a Mac version though.
Last edited by Pugsy on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iPraiseHim

Postby iPraiseHim on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:03 pm

I cannot get the Sleepyhead Program to work.
I would like to see my data.
I have a win 8.0 computer running Firefox browser
I have used 7 Zip before with success. The Sleepyhead Program extracts but when i run the program it says it is missing QT5core.dll.
What am I doing wrong?

I have an auto resmed S9 CPAP 16.0

HELP! :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)