Pugsy's Pointers...SleepyHead/OSCAR Tutorial and TX Hints

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pdeli

Re: Pugsy's Pointers...SleepyHead Tutorial and TX Hints

Post by pdeli » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

It seems that we both have the same machine, so I'm wondering why the scales on my "Leak" and on my "Pressure" graphs are somewhat different from yours.

Also, I know I've seen this someplace, but can you give me the definitions for the Event Flag left side markers? Plus a couple of mine are different from yours (I have no "VS" but I do have a "RE"), and I notice that there is a variation here from some of your previous graphs.

One other question; Several nights ago I inadvertently left my SD card in my card reader so there was no recorded data the following day. Now, two days later, data appears for that date. Huh?

Phil

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:14 pm

pdeli wrote: It seems that we both have the same machine, so I'm wondering why the scales on my "Leak" and on my "Pressure" graphs are somewhat different from yours.
Using SleepyHead we are going to see variations in the scale numbers...even between just my reports.
pdeli wrote:but can you give me the definitions for the Event Flag left side markers? Plus a couple of mine are different from yours (I have no "VS" but I do have a "RE"), and I notice that there is a variation here from some of your previous graphs.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/s ... r_Glossary

The event flags showing on the Events graph won't include event categories where there were not any of a particular event category during the night.
Example....on nights where I don't have any Clear Airway events...there won't be a CA line on the events graph.
or another example...if I don't have one of the 2 snores that gets flagged...I won't have snore flags.
It's a SleepyHead reporting thing...
pdeli wrote:One other question; Several nights ago I inadvertently left my SD card in my card reader so there was no recorded data the following day. Now, two days later, data appears for that date. Huh?
Actually...for the PR System One machine...the only data lost during that time with the SD card out of the machine is the flow rate graphs. Everything else is stored on the machine and gets written to the SD card once it finally gets inserted.
An advantage over the S9 machines in this regard.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

creekredman

Post by creekredman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:13 am

sleephead software saved my life. being able to download my c-pap information showed the md that I was on the wrong machine. 2 new sleep studies showed very severe central sleep apnea. 103.1 per hour. Just got my asv advanced bipap 960 on 4 l of 0xygen at night. Sleepyhead giving me weird results for this asv advanced machine. Some told me sleepyhead cannot do my machine. Please help me find something that will download the right information. As soon as Jedimark & sleepyhead get the software for asv advanced please let me know

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 am

creekredman wrote:As soon as Jedimark & sleepyhead get the software for asv advanced please let me know
It likely won't be anytime soon unfortunately. Mark hasn't been able to work on Sleepyhead all that much lately.

Check your PM box...I sent you some information on finding Encore Pro 2.12 that will work with your machine.
Only hold up might be if your computer is Windows 8.1....I don't think it is compatible with the latest Windows...it will install on Win 8.0 and older though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

rogerkoger1

Post by rogerkoger1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:27 am

Thanks so much for the info you and all others have provided here. I have come to determine it is going to be my responsibility to monitor the level of care I receive. I would not be able to do it without help from people like you and forums like this. Thanks to all

turbosnore

Post by turbosnore » Fri May 09, 2014 4:16 pm

Darn good job!

needtosleep51

Post by needtosleep51 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Great read thanks

Jeanccyang

Post by Jeanccyang » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Can you pm me ResScan software for mac?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Jeanccyang wrote:Can you pm me ResScan software for mac?
ResScan is strictly Windows only. There is no Mac version.
Sleepyhead has a Mac version though.

Last edited by Pugsy on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

iPraiseHim

Post by iPraiseHim » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:03 pm

I cannot get the Sleepyhead Program to work.
I would like to see my data.
I have a win 8.0 computer running Firefox browser
I have used 7 Zip before with success. The Sleepyhead Program extracts but when i run the program it says it is missing QT5core.dll.
What am I doing wrong?

I have an auto resmed S9 CPAP 16.0

HELP!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:13 pm

iPraiseHim wrote:I cannot get the Sleepyhead Program to work.
I have used 7 Zip before with success. The Sleepyhead Program extracts but when i run the program it says it is missing QT5core.dll.
What am I doing wrong?

Can you please start your own thread totally devoted to your problem so it gets the attention it deserves?
Include which SleepyHead version to tried to download and use along with your Windows 8.0 information.
I am not familiar with Windows 8.0 and I don't use 7 zip either.
Did you get the message after you did the "extract all" to unzip?
Sounds like you got the wrong download.

bensoncc

Post by bensoncc » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:08 pm

iPraiseHim wrote:I cannot get the Sleepyhead Program to work.
What am I doing wrong?

HELP!
Zip file could bu open by window file explorer directly..

1. go to the folder of downloaded file
2. mouse right click
3. open file
3. select window explorer to open it
farting much ... :)

OldLincoln

Which New Oximeter??

Post by OldLincoln » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:21 pm

I have SleepyHead v0.9.3-0 (beta) and want to both get an oximeter and upgrade when one's available with Windows installation exe. SH currently states to get a CMS50(x) oximeter but will that be consistent on new versions?

I have a big assumption that the oxi will upload data to SH AIBM (As If By Magic), is that correct?
if is true, any links to get it into the data?
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet / F&P Simplex / DME: VA
It's going to be okay in the end; if it's not okay, it's not the end.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:30 pm

OldLincoln wrote:I have SleepyHead v0.9.3-0 (beta) and want to both get an oximeter and upgrade when one's available with Windows installation exe. SH currently states to get a CMS50(x) oximeter but will that be consistent on new versions?

I have a big assumption that the oxi will upload data to SH AIBM (As If By Magic), is that correct?
if is true, any links to get it into the data?
Nothing gets done by magic. You have to tell SH what you want it to do. SleepyHead is compatible with some CMS pulse oximeters though. Not all of them though.
I don't do pulse ox stuff so if you need more specific help with getting a pulse oximeter and/or getting it to work with SleepyHead I suggest you start your own thread in the main body of the forum so that you can get help specific for your needs. This thread isn't read often by the people who could help you.

SleepyHead is under revision as we speak...there's a newer beta version available now and another one in the works.
See links in my signature line

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:35 am

I am in the process of getting a new machine which is supported by Sleepyhead. I have been using EncorePro/Basic with my Current M-Series Auto BiPAP that I have had for 6yrs.

I am looking into possibly getting a O2 sensor and looking to see what is compatible. One that I found I thought was interesting which would allow me to use my phone to collect the data. I still don't know if it has an export mode yet, but I'm curious if anyone has looked at it as a possible supported device

http://www.amazon.com/SafeHeart-iOximet ... B0039N7HAQ
http://safeheartus.com/
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin