Pugsy's Pointers Ideas request

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Pugsy's Pointers Ideas request

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:55 am

archangle wrote:I'm not quite sure which thread is best to put this in, but here's one SleepyHead hint.
Could you please put it in the SleepyHead understanding your data thread what you have found with the short session thing.
It pertains to the reports and what people might see.
I have never seen this happen so didn't know that it might occur and thus confuse people.
Papit wrote:Pugsy, feel free to use what you want in my instructions for inserting and viewing Pulse-Ox graphs and data in SleepyHead software.
Thanks. I don't bother with the Pulse Ox stuff so I am zero help with it.
Would you mind also adding what you have just said here to the same SleepHead Understanding your data thread?

I don't mind if other people add ideas or thoughts...I can't cover them all and they sure don't all have to come from me.
The main idea of the understanding your data thread is for people to have questions answered ahead of time.
Both Papit's pulse ox stuff and the short session thing would enable a person to maybe have their question answered without posting a thread and asking it....and/or we can refer to the thread should a person not see it and the answer to their question is in the thread.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

mellabella

Post by mellabella » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:13 am

Apologies in advance if this is a total bone-head question with an answer somewhere I've already missed:

I have a new PR System 1 Auto Bipap (760), and got enough hours on it last night that I tried downloading data. I have Encore Basic (version 2.2) installed on my computer, and when I had trouble with that, also installed Sleepyhead (version 0.9.3). I'm using an SD card reader which works very well on other SD cards.

Sleepyhead acknowledges that it can read the type and serial number of my machine from the card, but both programs return, "no data on card." There should be 3 nights of 2, 2, and 4.5 hours (yes, I'm having some adjustment issues--but feeling hopeful!). Is there a download step I'm missing on the actual machine before I remove the card, or is something else going on?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:18 am

mellabella wrote: Is there a download step I'm missing on the actual machine before I remove the card, or is something else going on?
Sent you a PM...no there's nothing special you need to do before pulling the card from the machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Californiacpap

Post by Californiacpap » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:08 pm

I know this has been repeatedly addressed, but I would like to know specifically where to send used cpap masks; I have 3 respironics full face masks that I could not use more than a few times; they are in perfect shape. It's a shame to throw them away and I would like to donate them, so please tell me where to send them.

Thank you

Lyonpo

Post by Lyonpo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi Pugsy, I hope I'm posting this in the right thread.
I had the original post (Is my cpap causing fatigue?), I took your advice and switched from Apap to Cpap setting. I've tried pressure at both 10 and also at 12, I think I may need to go up because I'm seeing a lot of RE. By the way, I noticed that before when I was set to APAP 10-16 that MOST of my night was FL. I am going to try to attach some screen shots for you.

DOCTOR REGULATE APAP SETTINGS

PRESSURE 12

PRESSURE 10

Sleepless In Seattle

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:12 pm

Do you sleep much on your back? Some of of snores could be related to supine sleeping or maybe REM stage sleep.

Yes, looks like just a little more pressure to reduce the snores a little. would be what I would do if it were me.

Tassie Devil

Re: Pugsy's Pointers Ideas request - missing MSVCR120.dll file

Post by Tassie Devil » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:27 pm

Fixing this is driving me crazy.

Google searches tell me not to do it manually and try to scare you into buying their program. In desperation I was about to buy one which toted a price of $39.90 then under the CC details said I would be charged $66.50!!! So I gave up on that one.

So, could some PC savvy person tell this semi literate PC user (64 bit MS W7 on a modern fast motherboard) how to get this missing file installed. BTW I already use a supposed registry scanner which is supposed to solve all problems yet posts on the net suggest all such programs are scams and some are even malware!

TIA

John

Tassie Devil

Post by Tassie Devil » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Progress with MSVCR120.dll file - sort of.

I now have it in the PC and in the same folder as sleepy head. But any attempt to open the program still tells me it is not in the PC.

What the hell is going on? What is preventing Sleepy Head from seeing it there??

I even tried copying and pasting it into the System 32 Windows folder where there was an older version of the dll file (yes it WAS already in this PC) but Sleepy Head still insists the dll file is not on the PC when it plainly is. Maybe there is a problem with the Sleepy Head program just downloaded this morning?

Last edited by Tassie Devil on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not deride the idiots of this world as they make the rest of us look so much better :-) BUT, avoid being an idiot yourself and PERSIST WITH CPAP.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Use this Microsoft site http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download ... x?id=40784 and when it gives you the choice of file choose the middle one vcredist_x64.exe since you have a 64 bit machine and I suppose downloaded 64 bit Sleepyhead. I didn't move it anywhere after I downloaded it and it worked. Maybe you should take it out of the Sleepyhead folder. Click on the Broken GL, if it doesn't work try the Open GL.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Pm sent to TD
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Tassie Devil

Success - at last

Post by Tassie Devil » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:28 pm

OK, all systems finally go.

Seems the program was looking for vcredist_x64.exe (or the .dll file contained therein) so once that was installed all went smoothly.

Now to nut out how to use the program.

Thanks for the help everyone - most appreciated.

John

andycole

Post by andycole » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Is it possible to have SH read via the modem rather than the SD card? I have something called MyAir which shows some of my results but not in the detail like SH. It's just a pita to remove card every day. Took someones suggestion and turned ramp off - supposedly 10hrs sleep. Posted the SH results on using ramp (and making it work) post.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:12 pm

andycole wrote:Is it possible to have SH read via the modem rather than the SD card? I have something called MyAir which shows some of my results but not in the detail like SH. It's just a pita to remove card every day. Took someones suggestion and turned ramp off - supposedly 10hrs sleep. Posted the SH results on using ramp (and making it work) post.
It can be done if you use a special SD card. Several forum members are doing it.
I haven't bothered so I am no help with the steps needed because I simply am not motivated enough to do the work involved. I am long past bothering to look at my data daily unless I am trying something new.

See this link down at the bottom of the page where it says "Transfer Data from CPAP Machine"
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference
There's also some discussion/steps threads here on the forum. If you run into trouble start a new thread with your problem and someone who knows how to do it will try to help.

wilsonintexas

Post by wilsonintexas » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:40 pm

This may not be possible, and you may not have the time...... but....

I am in some other forums, and they have a link on their main page to a wiki for specific topics. It has the dvantage that you can have embedded links to topics, instead of one long post.

I am not sure what it takes to add a wikie type feature, but I think it would be good for the sleepy head info, and some of the basics.

I would like to say I could help work on it, but I know my limitations.

I am currently in Alaska helping my daughter who had an accident a few years ago and had to have a spinal cord stimulator to deal with pain from a severed nerve. The wires on the original unit broke, and they were going to replace it. But they irrated the nerve when they took the old one out, and she was in hospitol for a week just to control the pain. They had her on a morphine pump, and finally got her on tablets so she could go home. The nurses said she was getting more morphine than they give cancer paitents in the final stages, They eventually got her on dilaudid pills every two hours,(24 a day) as well as 200mg fentenal pactches. This alowed her to go home. Over the past few weeks, she has been able to reduce the dilaudid to only 8 a day....

Anyhow, all of that to say, I am busy taking care of her right now, and that is taking all of what I have.

Oh yea, she has 2 big dogs. one is 120 pounds and one is 150. A corso and a Caucasian Ovcharka. Beautiful animals, but a lot of dog.

Papit

Post by Papit » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:28 pm

andycole wrote:Is it possible to have SH read via the modem rather than the SD card? I have something called MyAir which shows some of my results but not in the detail like SH. It's just a pita to remove card every day. Took someones suggestion and turned ramp off - supposedly 10hrs sleep. Posted the SH results on using ramp (and making it work) post.
Check out the instruction sets in my signature block below. Pick one depending on whether you use only SH or both SH and ResScan. It's easier done than it looks. It looks long because it's written in detail to aid those new to computers and the less techie.

Btw, I use the S9 VPAP Adapt which is the predecessor to your Aircurve 10 ASV.

Last edited by Papit on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machine: AirCurve 10 ASV, Mask: AirFit N30i
PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x