Please HELP!!!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Komodo

Please HELP!!!!!

Post by Komodo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 pm

I received a shipment of cpap supplies from my DME.
Instead of sending me the Comfortgel Blue Gell Cushion with SST Flap, they sent me ONLY the cushion.
I called them up.
They're trying to tell me that Respironics has DISCONTINUED making replacement cushions w/SST flap!!!!!
They're telling me the ONLY way for me to get the flap is to order a brand new mask every three months!!!!

HAS ANYONE HERE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT RESPIRONICS DISCONTINUING THE MASK/FLAP REPLACEMENTS?

I am ready to go to WAR with my DME over this and want to make sure that I'm right about the mask/flap still being produced.

PLEASE reply if you have any info!

Thank you
John

Kiralynx

Re: Please HELP!!!!!

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Contact Respironics directly and ask them if they have, in fact, discontinued the item.

I had a DME tell me that Respironics was no longer making the Direct Seals for my CL2.

I contacted Respironics and asked them. They said they were still making them. I explained that my DME had told me they were not, and asked if I could order them directly from Respironics. (Of course, I couldn't.) However, the district representative got into the act, contacted my DME, and suddenly, it was possible to get the "discontinued" item.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

bryansong

Post by bryansong » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:58 pm

CPAP.com still has them listed.

khauser

Post by khauser » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Hmmm ... our host seems to still sell it. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... igodigital

They might just have backstock, but you could ask.

My guess is your DME decided not to stock it any more...

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Great responses... I love it when bad DMEs get caught out and red-faced. Not that it'll necessarily change their behavior however one can always hope.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Kenwood

Post by Kenwood » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 pm

That's just retarded.... why would you even bother sending the mask without the flap ...the mask is useless without it. Sounds like your DME doesn't know how to order their our medical supplies.

Komodo

Post by Komodo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:14 am

Thanks for the speedy replies folks!

I took Kiralynx advice and called Respironics directly.
My DME are LIARS!!!!

Not only did Respironics NOT discontinue the mask/flap replacement, they have thousands of them in stock, ready to ship whenever they're ordered!

I called my DME back, told them what Respironics told me, gave them the direct line to call to verify, but they STILL insist the part is discontinued! They put thru the order anyway, on my INSISTANCE!
Now I have to wait and see what happens.
Kenwood wrote:That's just retarded.... why would you even bother sending the mask without the flap ...the mask is useless without it. Sounds like your DME doesn't know how to order their our medical supplies.

The reason they do that is....they get paid the same from my insurance for the cushion alone, or, the cushion w/flap. The cushion alone is cheaper, so THEY make more profit. Also, by not selling the flap, I would HAVE to buy a brand new mask in order to get it. MORE money in their pocket!
They don't care about us or our medical needs, all they care about is our MONEY!!!!!!!
Sir NoddinOff wrote:Great responses... I love it when bad DMEs get caught out and red-faced. Not that it'll necessarily change their behavior however one can always hope.
True, they may not change their behavior, but if they don't, I can change DME's!!!!!

MagsterMile

Post by MagsterMile » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:20 am

Komodo wrote: True, they may not change their behavior, but if they don't, I can change DME's!!!!!
Speaking of changing DME I learned something interesting yesterday at my DME. My DME is affiliated to a large hospital chain(?) in my area. They didn't win the bid for Medicare Supplier. However, they can grandfather in all folks who come through their facility up until June 2013. So I'm grandfathered in with this DME if I want to be.

Komodo

Post by Komodo » Wed May 01, 2013 7:22 am

~UPDATE~

I received the "replacement" cushion from my DME yesterday.....the SAME cushion only package!

I called them up again. Was transfered to "upper management". They, told me the cushion/flap package was discontinued.I told them, I spoke with Respironics, and they are NOT discontinued!!! They said they'd look into it and get back to me.

Several hours latter they call me back. You guys are going to L-O-V-E love what they told me!
They told me.....Respironics is PLANNING on discontinuing the cushion/flap package so that's why they're not ordering them from them anymore!
PURE BS!!!
They went on to say......if I wanted, I could buy just the flaps from them. I would of course have to pay full price out-of-pocket because insurance companies don't cover just the replacement flaps.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to call Respironics today and see if they'll step in to stop this attempt at gouging from my DME, at their REPUTATION'S expense!

CPAP101

Post by CPAP101 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:47 am

1-800-345-6443
RESPIRONICS DIRECT LINE.

Working for a DME company myself, NO they have not discontinued Part Number 1070106-Comfort Gel Blue Flap and Gel Cushion

Kenwood

Post by Kenwood » Wed May 01, 2013 8:33 am

Komodo wrote:~UPDATE~

I received the "replacement" cushion from my DME yesterday.....the SAME cushion only package!

I called them up again. Was transfered to "upper management". They, told me the cushion/flap package was discontinued.I told them, I spoke with Respironics, and they are NOT discontinued!!! They said they'd look into it and get back to me.

Several hours latter they call me back. You guys are going to L-O-V-E love what they told me!
They told me.....Respironics is PLANNING on discontinuing the cushion/flap package so that's why they're not ordering them from them anymore!
PURE BS!!!

They went on to say......if I wanted, I could buy just the flaps from them. I would of course have to pay full price out-of-pocket because insurance companies don't cover just the replacement flaps.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Komodo

Post by Komodo » Thu May 02, 2013 7:45 am

CPAP101 wrote:1-800-345-6443
RESPIRONICS DIRECT LINE.

Working for a DME company myself, NO they have not discontinued Part Number 1070106-Comfort Gel Blue Flap and Gel Cushion
Thanks for the "insider" reply.

As a DME employee yourself, is there any other reason than pure greed on their part, to LIE about the part being discontinued?

I called Respironics, explained my situation, they said there really wasn't anything they could do about it, that it was up to my DME.

All I can say is, my next order of PAP supplies will be coming from a different DME!