Now One month on CPAP and may give up.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ringo728

Re: Now One month on CPAP and may give up.

Post by ringo728 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:52 pm

I think you're right. Most DME's aren't really that connected. It's all black and white and nothing can be out of the norm. Thank God for forums like this one to vent. My daughter is a Pediatric NP and isn't too cognizant of sleep disorders in adults. She refers her kids to pulmonologists for any disorder that comes about in her practice. She although has much interest in my condition because I'm her dad. She wondered from the onset of my diagnosis how I would handle CPAP and having GAD. My anxiety issue isn't anything new. I've had it for many years. Tried meds with little success and cognitive therapy which really helped a me get through the rough spots. It's a miserable condition. First thing, I hate changes. When we moved into our new house about 3 years ago (when we downsized), I was disconbobulated for about 6 months. Very stressful. I believe that beginning CPAP therapy is a real adjustment process kind of like the house. Very stressful. I'm not a very patient guy. I like instant results. That's part of this GAD condition. I guess time will tell if I am really successful with adapting to CPAP. I really hope I can. Maybe over time the therapy will help with the GAD.

jencat824

Re: Now One month on CPAP and may give up.

Post by jencat824 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:07 pm

The only time I experienced Aerophagia was when I was trying a FF mask. It was quite unpleasant, so I switched back to a nasal pillow/nasal mask. I think the exercises that caffeinatedcfo suggested sound helpful. You don't want to quit, if you stick it out you will eventually see results & will be helping your body heal over time. With the community this forum provides, you are not alone, we are all here for you.

As for the allergies, it is that time of year and I noticed you live in Illinois. I think you are in a high allergy state, so that may be the cause of your nasal problems. I do think the setting of your humidifier is a very personal issue. Any one of us can tell you what we need, but your body may be different and need something else

You may want to try aromatherapy, it works great for me. This may be helpful for your sinuses.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/cpap-a ... aster.html

Hang in there & don't give up.

Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**