Corrupt sleepyhead data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Al N

Corrupt sleepyhead data

Post by Al N » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:37 am

I am curious if anyone else has had the same problem. In my records part of sleepyhead it shows my worst day for ahi of 51. It's incorrect. It's never been close to that high. It didn't show up until a few months ago. For quite a long while after that date it showed the correct data. Then something changed. It also shows 6 no use days since I started which is also wrong. Have been 100 percent compliant. The days it shows that I didn't use it I assume are days I forgot to put the card back into the machine. I have erased the card several times along with purging all sleepyhead data. I even erased my profile and started over. Still the same record. Re scan shows 100 percent compliance and a normal ahi for the day in question. My next step is to get a new sd card as I assume there is info on the card never completely getting erased. Not a big issue at all as it has been like that for a while. I am kind of curious as to the cause and if anyone else has incounteredthe something. I did a search and couldn't find quite the same issue. But with the way my mind is these days it's probably there and I messed it.

Pugsy

Re: Corrupt sleepyhead data

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 am

Never heard of SH giving ResMed whacko AHI data like that...some of the PR S1 machines..yeah especially with the BiPap 60series. I have no idea what is going on there.

The no use days...was the SD card out of the machine by any chance for those nights? SleepyHead needs the detailed data to pull the summary usage stuff. I have had that happen often. Forget to put the SD card in the machine so I put it in the machine and the machine writes the summary stuff to the SD card. ResScan will pick up the summary stuff but no detailed graphs.
Sleepyhead can't pick up the summary stuff without the detailed so it shows no use for that day while ResScan still offers the statistics page...but not the detailed page.
So SH has to have all the files to calculate even hours of use. ResScan doesn't.

I have big goose eggs in SH for the night's that the SD card was still in the computer. No goose eggs in ResScan though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Al N

Post by Al N » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 am

I wasn't very clear in my op. The resmed data is good only in sleepyhead is the problem. I figured the problem with the days missing was because of no sd card. That one whacky day that stays in sleepyhead is the one I can't figure out or erase. It don't show up in rescan at all

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:26 am

I have no explanation for the AHI 51 except a bug in SH in the calculations. Did SH make up a bunch of events or just calculate wrong. What does the detailed data graphs show for the whacko night?
It's Beta software and not without its bugs.

My more in depth response about the goose eggs was more for newbies who might be reading this thread.
I realize you already know why SH didn't show anything but newbies might now understand why ResScan can show the summary and SH can't.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Al N

Post by Al N » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:06 am

There is no data in sh for that day just the ahi breakdown of ahi.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:16 am

Ahh...so a day with no graph data but a weird AHI number. Sounds like SH tried to do the calculation from what it had and couldn't do it accurately. Normally if no graphs there are no numbers at all.

Just a SleepyHead bug and could be a random fluke.
This is the first time I have heard of what you are seeing.
All other times if there are no graphs than there hasn't been anything at all in the AHI department...just nothing at all.

I doubt we really will ever know what happened. If it was happening a lot with you or with a lot of other people and Mark had the time then he could maybe sort through whatever might be going on. In all honesty, I don't know the status of what Mark is doing with SleepyHead now. Life got in his way and was/is more important right now.

I am sorry but I have no idea what happened. Doing code for software is not something that I can do. I test it once it gets released and that's about it. In the many months of testing SleepyHead with the Alpha versions that I tested I never saw that happen and haven't seen it in the Beta version.

This may be one of those things that we have to shrug our shoulders and move on unless someone with the skills happens to take up the challenge.

Al N

Post by Al N » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:48 am

Ya will just shrug it off and go on. It's been like that for a while and just didn't bother with it. Must be bored today:-). Just can't figure out why after I purged everything its still there. Will try a new card. The only other thing I can think of is completely delete sh from computer and start over. But come to think of it I've changed hard drives since this all started. Maybe it's just gremlins.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am

Hi Al -- When you look at that day with the AHI of 51, is Sleepyhead showing duplicate sessions in that lower left area of the screen? At some point some of my older data started showing duplicate sessions, which artificially doubled my AHI numbers. Kinda shocked me too since I knew I never had that many events. When I turned off the duplicate session my AHI number was corrected.

I also had a night or two where SleepyHead reported no data, for no explicable reason. I have to conclude that some of Pugsy's aliens are more sophisticated than most, so that when they visit you, while most of them are busy causing you to have lots of apneas, this elite subgroup of aliens are over at your computer messing with the software.

Big help aren't I.

Al N

Post by Al N » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:57 pm

kaiasgram wrote:Hi Al -- When you look at that day with the AHI of 51, is Sleepyhead showing duplicate sessions in that lower left area of the screen? At some point some of my older data started showing duplicate sessions, which artificially doubled my AHI numbers. Kinda shocked me too since I knew I never had that many events. When I turned off the duplicate session my AHI number was corrected.

I also had a night or two where SleepyHead reported no data, for no explicable reason. I have to conclude that some of Pugsy's aliens are more sophisticated than most, so that when they visit you, while most of them are busy causing you to have lots of apneas, this elite subgroup of aliens are over at your computer messing with the software.

Big help aren't I.

You were a big help thank you. I have a hard time remembering to put my card back. Causing sh broblems. Turning those sessions off fixed it. I so those because there were a few zero days that were false too. Not that lucky yet . Thanks again

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:27 pm

I had a fleeting thought about the double session thing as I have seen it myself but I never had that high of an AHI and turning the double session off made my AHI higher...not lower because it was figured on less hours. So that's why I didn't mention it.

Anyway...if the double session is too much of an annoyance if you will install the Patch file normally intended for PR S1 users the double session annoyance goes away.
viewtopic/t83551/SleepyHead-Series-60-Patch-Avail.html

Al N

Post by Al N » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:49 pm

I'll give it a shot

newsnore

Post by newsnore » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:36 am

kaiasgram wrote:Hi Al -- When you look at that day with the AHI of 51, is Sleepyhead showing duplicate sessions in that lower left area of the screen? At some point some of my older data started showing duplicate sessions, which artificially doubled my AHI numbers. Kinda shocked me too since I knew I never had that many events. When I turned off the duplicate session my AHI number was corrected.

Big help aren't I.
Pugsy wrote:I had a fleeting thought about the double session thing as I have seen it myself but I never had that high of an AHI and turning the double session off made my AHI higher...not lower because it was figured on less hours. So that's why I didn't mention it.

Anyway...if the double session is too much of an annoyance if you will install the Patch file normally intended for PR S1 users the double session annoyance goes away.
viewtopic/t83551/SleepyHead-Series-60-Patch-Avail.html
Would this explain why I am seeing double usage hours also in the Session Times graph too. For example, it tells me I was asleep for 16 hours and 37 minutes one night - Rescan says for the same night, 8 hours and 18 mins (this is the longest night I have had on CPAP yet - mostly they ar 4-7 hours). I am believing Rescan on this one - I don't think I've ever slept 16 hours in one stretch yet The false (double hours) data went from the 3rd of Jan til the 17 March and then seemed to right itself and has been giving correct usage ever since. AHI graphs etc seem to be ok comparing them to rescan data. I just thought that I had pushed the wrong button somewhere sometime that caused some funny business to happen. Should I install the Patch file in my case? Or is it something else altogether different?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 am

newsnore wrote: Would this explain why I am seeing double usage hours also in the Session Times graph too
Yep. Now you could just go back to each day and turn off the double session. On the left side below all the numbers scroll down to the little green boxes for each session...Click on one of the (we never know which one) to turn it to red. If the graphs on the right disappear...you have turned off the wrong one. So click on it to turn it to green and go turn off the other one.
Only problem with this...sometimes it doesn't hold...you go back to Overview and the darn thing has reverted back.
I don't know why sometimes it holds and sometimes it doesn't.

I installed the Patch file just to figure out the steps for it and stumbled onto the fact that it eliminated the double session bug.
Mark was aware of it last year and fixed it in a build but it was not released as an update univerally.
When Rich built the code to make the 60 series compatible he started with the new build that Mark had the double session bug fix in...so the bug fix is in the Patch file.

The double session but is a byproduct of the time change and sometimes it doubles the session and sometimes it doesn't. We don't know why it doesn't do it all the time.

So you could try turning off each session manually and see if it holds. If not you can install the Patch file. I don't know how retroactive it is though. When I did it I had just manually turned off the double sessions for about the upteenth time.
It was a pleasant surprise to find out the Patch fixed my double session issues.

Breathe Jimbo

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:25 pm

SleepyHead has some problems right now. One of the reasons they are not being fixed just yet is that Nokia came out with Qt 5.0, a major and buggy update to the Qt development software. Mark is waiting for more Qt bugs to be fixed so that he doesn't have to spend a lot of time working around Qt bugs to fix SleepyHead problems.

The best way to help identify SleepyHead problems is to report them at:

http://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/bugs/

with as much detail as possible.

Al N

Post by Al N » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Breathe Jimbo wrote:SleepyHead has some problems right now. One of the reasons they are not being fixed just yet is that Nokia came out with Qt 5.0, a major and buggy update to the Qt development software. Mark is waiting for more Qt bugs to be fixed so that he doesn't have to spend a lot of time working around Qt bugs to fix SleepyHead problems.

The best way to help identify SleepyHead problems is to report them at:

http://sourceforge.net/p/sleepyhead/bugs/

with as much detail as possible.
Thanks didn't mean to sound like I was complaining at all. It is a great software and I have had very few problems with it outside of me being computer illiterate. But that would be operator error lol