New F&P full face mask ("Simplus")

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepstar

Re: New F&P full face mask ("Simplus")

Post by sleepstar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 am

DoriC wrote:I really like the smaller footprint like the Quattro FX but with the added stability of the forehead support. This could be a winner! Sleepstar, do you have any influence??
I haven't issued it out to anyone yet so I'm unsure. I've seen it in person and it looks promising. (However, I thought this about the Philips Amara and waited a while but unfortunately I was sorely disappointed ) but I really like the look of this one.

Patients are the best reviewers though! I don't have OSA so I can't comment what it's like at home! It looked promising in the lab though

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 am

OldLincoln wrote:Wouldn't work for me at all. My masks seem to slip down in the night and in fact have tied my Forma forehead straps together to make it go over the top. That with the chin cup on the Forma helps keep my mouth shut and a better sleep. When I used the Quattro I had the straps so tight it really hurt below the lips. I hope F&P never stop selling the Forma.
Might be okay because of that extra strap over the crown of the head. I've found that the strap I fantastic on their other mask the Eson. Works on mirage fx too... There's still hope!

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:46 am

Bumping this again to see if anyone has tried it yet

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Just wanted to add that yesterday I issued my first "F&P Simplus".
The patient was on reasonably high bipap pressure (20/12) and it was sealing great. Leak was under 24. Was very impressed by the mask and patient was happy with the comfort too.

I'm looking forward to seeing them next week to see how it was at home!

We might have a winner full face mask here

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:37 am

sleepstar wrote:Just wanted to add that yesterday I issued my first "F&P Simplus".
The patient was on reasonably high bipap pressure (20/12) and it was sealing great. Leak was under 24. Was very impressed by the mask and patient was happy with the comfort too.

I'm looking forward to seeing them next week to see how it was at home!

We might have a winner full face mask here
Thanks for letting us know Sleepstar about your success with this patient. Hopefully, there were will be more positive results to follow.

49er

dlanbro

Post by dlanbro » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:58 am

I went to see my DME yesterday to get a new machine (I've been put on a BiPAP now). We were talking about masks and such and she informed me that shed's pretty excited about a new FFM coming out this summer by Respironics I think. She said to watch out for it and that she thinks it'll be a real improvement. Thought I'd pass that one along.

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:13 am

dlanbro wrote:I went to see my DME yesterday to get a new machine (I've been put on a BiPAP now). We were talking about masks and such and she informed me that shed's pretty excited about a new FFM coming out this summer by Respironics I think. She said to watch out for it and that she thinks it'll be a real improvement. Thought I'd pass that one along.
Sorry to be the voice of negativity but I remember the Amara getting alot of hype and it looks like it hasn't been a smashing success. Still, I am glad to know that two FF masks are in the pipeline. So I thank you and Sleepstar for updating us.

49er

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:13 am

Yeah I found the amara to be disappointing

Used the simplus again last night on an overnight titration with success again. First time I've seen a night on it. Patient said it was comfortable (even at pressures of 18)

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:10 am

can't wait to see it become available and how it compares to my Quattro

The Quattro FX was a bust for me....it moved all over my face during the night

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 am

sleepstar wrote:Yeah I found the amara to be disappointing

Used the simplus again last night on an overnight titration with success again. First time I've seen a night on it. Patient said it was comfortable (even at pressures of 18)
That is every encouraging Sleepstar.

Of course, in keeping with my cynical attitude , that means it will take the FDA forever to approve it. If Simplus was a drug, it would have been approved by now

49er

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:57 pm

49er wrote:
sleepstar wrote:Yeah I found the amara to be disappointing

That is every encouraging Sleepstar.

Of course, in keeping with my cynical attitude , that means it will take the FDA forever to approve it. If Simplus was a drug, it would have been approved by now

49er

Haha. Always good to be a little skeptical
P.S., just had another two titrations tonight that went reasonably well. And one patient had a beard!
Thankfully I'm off night duty for a while now so it will be good to be catching up with patients during the day and hearing their thoughts on it.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:02 pm

I checked with my DME today and she hasn't heard about it yet, she googled it while she was on the phone with me,said she'd do some checking and told me she'd get back to me when she had some news.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:03 pm

DoriC wrote:I checked with my DME today and she hasn't heard about it yet, she googled it while she was on the phone with me,said she'd do some checking and told me she'd get back to me when she had some news.
Great. Hope it gets released there soon. It has been promising for me so far! Might be a good one for your hubby.

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 am

Anyone head from their providers if this mask is coming out soon?
Looking forward to hearing its out in the USA. I have a good feeling about it for a lot of people on here who struggle with full face masks!

I get excited when a new full face mask comes out haha

MagsterMile

Post by MagsterMile » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:41 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the feed back on the mask too. I'm now using the Mirage Liberty and am doing much better and feeling a lot more comfortable than with the Mirage Quattro. I'll check with my DME to see if the Simplus is something that are getting in. If not, I can request that she order it after I see how the feedback is.