New F&P full face mask ("Simplus")

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Denial Dave

Re: New F&P full face mask ("Simplus")

Post by Denial Dave » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:24 pm

I too am back to my old reliable Quattro..... The simplus is a nice mask with minimal leaks. it was much better than the Quattro Air.. But my decision to go back to the Quattro was just a comfort decision....

There was just something about the single wall cushion in the Simplus that disagreed with my side-sleeping and personal comfort.

However, I loved the Simplus headgear so much, I put it my Quattro. it works like a charm

Dave

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Denial Dave wrote:I too am back to my old reliable Quattro..... The simplus is a nice mask with minimal leaks. it was much better than the Quattro Air.. But my decision to go back to the Quattro was just a comfort decision....

There was just something about the single wall cushion in the Simplus that disagreed with my side-sleeping and personal comfort.

However, I loved the Simplus headgear so much, I put it my Quattro. it works like a charm

Dave
I am a side sleeper as well but that doesn't pose any problem for me with this mask. I think it is all in getting the adjustments right. I struggled for a time but am now having virtually no issues. I do get a bit of redness on the bridge of my nose but not sore like. It usually goes away within an hour or less of taking the mask off.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:53 pm

you haven't posted what your pressures are in your postings. But I'd be willing to bet that your settings don't approach mine....

19IPAP and 14.4 EPAP

A mask that works for someone at low pressure doesn't always work well when dealing with higher pressures.

Dave
TonyG wrote:
Denial Dave wrote:I too am back to my old reliable Quattro..... The simplus is a nice mask with minimal leaks. it was much better than the Quattro Air.. But my decision to go back to the Quattro was just a comfort decision....

Dave
I am a side sleeper as well but that doesn't pose any problem for me with this mask. I think it is all in getting the adjustments right. I struggled for a time but am now having virtually no issues. I do get a bit of redness on the bridge of my nose but not sore like. It usually goes away within an hour or less of taking the mask off.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Dave
Maybe Mike wasn't able to express those same thoughts so I''ll press him a little further tonight to see if I can find out what bothers him about this mask. I love the headgear too so if it doesn't work out and no one is interested in purchasing it I may "experiment" with it! There I go again! PS: I wonder if you're Mike's long lost brother??

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:19 am

Hope Mike has better luck tonight !

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:42 pm

I wish this mask worked but I'm realizing that with Mike's other health issues he's very sensitive to change . Although he doesn't express himself very well I think he gets nervous when I experiment with his therapy because he doesn't know what to expect and how to explain what bothers him. I tried the Simplus again last night for less than an hour but he was too restless even though the mask seemed to fit well, quiet with no leaks. I love this mask but I'm not wearing it. He seemed relieved when I took it off and slapped on his UMFF and he fell asleep quickly. The Simplus had no leaks at all and his UM does leak somewhat but mostly stays under the red line and the leaks don't usually bother him unless he really dislodges the mask and his data is good. So it looks like I'll start a new For Sale thread if anyone's interested. I'm going to make a New Years resolution to leave well enough alone!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:57 pm

Denial Dave wrote:you haven't posted what your pressures are in your postings. But I'd be willing to bet that your settings don't approach mine....

19IPAP and 14.4 EPAP

A mask that works for someone at low pressure doesn't always work well when dealing with higher pressures.

Dave
TonyG wrote:

Dave
My pressure setting is 9.

craiga

Post by craiga » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:34 pm

I tried the mask it was light and comfortable, however, lots of leaks, mask kept creeping up and mouth fell out of mask several times.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:29 pm

craiga wrote:I tried the mask it was light and comfortable, however, lots of leaks, mask kept creeping up and mouth fell out of mask several times.
Sounds like maybe you have the wrong size.

scott784

Post by scott784 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 pm

I currently have a Mirage Quatro and Mirage Air facemasks. However, I have leakage problems with both since I grew a beard in November. I read that the seal on the Simplus by Fisher Paykel is really good. And obviously getting a good seal is very important to me. Otherwise, I need to shave the beard off! Can others provide feedback about the seal on guys with beards? And those cushions, do they really create more comfort ? (versus the Mirage Quatro which has been known to cause indentations on my forehead every morning!). And do all suppliers of CPAP machines in the US now provide these facemasks from New Zealand? I use Sleep Med Therapy. Thanks for any feedback. This product seems to hold a lot of promise.

DrSuss

Post by DrSuss » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:21 pm

I have previously used the ultra mirage & mirage quatro, but the Simplex is superior to both. It is comfortable & does not have air leaks. I have had it for about 2 weeks.

Nozzelnut

Post by Nozzelnut » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:10 pm

I've been using my Simplus since Dec 16th or so. The frame and cushion are still going strong; however the headgear failed when I washed it last Sunday; I wash the headgear once a week. The seams on both sides separated on the edges of the bottom straps near where they meet the large back piece. Leaks are still minimal.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:25 pm

Nozzelnut wrote:The seams on both sides separated on the edges of the bottom straps near where they meet the large back piece. Leaks are still minimal.
Do you have a sewing machine, if so then you could sew it.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Nozzelnut

Post by Nozzelnut » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:13 pm

squid13 wrote:
Nozzelnut wrote:The seams on both sides separated on the edges of the bottom straps near where they meet the large back piece. Leaks are still minimal.
Do you have a sewing machine, if so then you could sew it.
If I were to attempt to sew it I'd probably bleed quite a bit and have sore fingers for a while. It's on the stretchy part of the fabric right at the heavy stitched seam. Both sides failed which I thought was odd; could be my fault too; maybe the straps were too tight or just got bad headgear. I did buy another set from out site sponsors for $25.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Nozzelnut wrote:I've been using my Simplus since Dec 16th or so. The frame and cushion are still going strong; however the headgear failed when I washed it last Sunday; I wash the headgear once a week. The seams on both sides separated on the edges of the bottom straps near where they meet the large back piece. Leaks are still minimal.
Didn't I read something about product quality with the headgear being a reason it was slow to be released here in the US and F & P was sending out replacement headgear???
Or was it something else...anyone else remember what the hold up on getting the Simplus in the US happened to be?
Something wasn't holding up and F & P was just telling people to contact whomever and they got a replacement
I thought it was headgear but I can't swear to it.

Anyone else remember something along this line?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.