New F&P full face mask ("Simplus")

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bbecker223

Re: New F&P full face mask ("Simplus")

Post by Bbecker223 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:59 am

grayhm wrote:Just to complete my first year of Cpap(totally changed my life ). I've tried quite a few full face masks, as well as trying nasal pillows, but always had leak/ seal problems. The Simplus I've been using for 4 months now, is way ahead of the others, a superb product.

One thing I discovered recently, was that, I had the straps over the top of my head, set too short, so I released them, so as to allow the harness to drop further down my head, this totally and utterly removed the eye leak, that had, occurred once or twice in the past.

I'm not the most vigilant with the cleaning to be honest, but still get a great fit.
Released as in not attached?

squid13

Post by squid13 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:26 am

Bbecker223 wrote:Released as in not attached?
He loosened them up, they were to tight.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Bbecker223

Post by Bbecker223 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:55 am

squid13 wrote:
Bbecker223 wrote:Released as in not attached?
He loosened them up, they were to tight.
Thanks- I did the same with mine last night!

grayhm

Post by grayhm » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:33 am

Still attached , just set them to maximum length, so the harness sits lower on the head. Seems to get more purchase around the nose area, eliminating leaks.

wildboar

Post by wildboar » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:11 pm

Can anyone give some guidance on sizing? I'm a solid Medium in the Mirage Quattro FF and a large in the Quattro FX and Quattro Air.

I saw in a post somewhere by a provider that there is quite a step up in size from Medium to Large in the Simplus which makes me think it might fit more like the Mirage Quattro.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Go here and print the sizing guide out. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/fisher ... -mask.html

Last edited by squid13 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:25 pm

wildboar wrote:Can anyone give some guidance on sizing? I'm a solid Medium in the Mirage Quattro FF and a large in the Quattro FX and Quattro Air.

I saw in a post somewhere by a provider that there is quite a step up in size from Medium to Large in the Simplus which makes me think it might fit more like the Mirage Quattro.
Hi wildboar,

For what it is worth, I am also a solid medium in the MQ FF and a large in the QFX. When I tried the medium in the Simplus months ago, it seemed slightly big and made me wonder if a small would have fit better. But I had already tried the large and was simply tired of having to return a mask and try another size.

Obviously, your mileage will vary.

wildboar

Post by wildboar » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks 49er that is the real world experience I was looking for. I tried the measuring tool and I'm right on the border of medium and then into the large range when I do the slightly open mouth gap. The guy at the DME here would always have me open my mouth a little bit to see where the size chart was if I was close to maxing out the medium. I think that's where I ran into troubles with the Mirage Quattro though because the large ended up being all around too big.

wildboar

Post by wildboar » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Found a local place with the Simplus so I picked one up today. Medium fits great. Headgear fits completely different than any of the Resmeds and it seems effortless in providing the correct pressure to the cushion, no cranking it down or trying to make the cushion inflate just right with the strap pressure. Tried it out on the mask fit setting on the S9 and it seals and sounds different than any of the Resmeds. I hope this is the one.

xamdam

Post by xamdam » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:42 am

I had both a Medium and Large version of Simplus delivered to my door today by the distributor AND two F&P Japan representatives. I think they like me. I might be their only gaijin customer in this neck of the woods.

I tried both out for about an hour this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have many leaks. I'm hoping the large will work. I had too many leaks with the large Eson which has a slightly wider cross section at the bridge of the nose. The large and medium Simplus masks appear to be the same there and only the vertical length being the main difference.

I hope to report back positively in a few days. Right now I have 6 F&P masks on hand trying to find something that works. Two Esons, two Simplus' a Pilairo and an Opus... As my nostrils have almost fully healed, I hope to go back to the Pilairo (with a dab of lanolin next time...) as my main and perhaps a Simplus as my secondary and for when my sinuses are acting up.

xamdam

Post by xamdam » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:29 am

First night feedback... I liked it. In fact I liked it so much I was dreaming I didn't have a mask on!

However, I did find out that if I slept on my back I'd develop a leak when my lower jaw fell back. It would leak around the chin and wake me up. It worked great for sleeping on my side and even on my stomach for a while. The larger footprint made it less likely to leak if it touched the pillow. The Eson nasal mask didn't like to have so much as a sheet touch it.

The only time I noticed any leaking around the eyes was if I'd bumped it up too high. Having the nice warm air covering my mouth was nice too in our unheated Japanese bedroom. I don't know how great that will be in the hot / humid summer though...

MarionSSS

Post by MarionSSS » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:07 am

I tried the Simplus for a week and had to give up. Leaked around the eyes constantly. I could eliminate the large leaks but no matter what I did there was always some air blowing on my eyes. I actually ended up laying a sock over my eyes to cover them from the air. I did lower the headgear as suggested above but couldn't completely eliminate the leaks. The mask was extremely comfortable but I couldn't get it to hold at higher pressure. The mask would basically completely blow out and nothing I tried could stop it. My bipap is set on the high end up to 25.

I can also attest to the size difference between the medium and large. I was given the medium and then tried the large for one night. There's a huge difference - it's humongous!! I should have taken a picture. You set them side by side and it looks like there should be a size in between.

Just switched to Mirage Quattro last night and had my first night of sleep with a mask on although I had marks on the bridge of the nose and on that chin. It has a much tighter fit and didn't leak in any position.

I really wanted the simplus to work. It was very comfortable, I loved the ball joint swivel hose connection (every mask should have it!) and was extremely easy to take apart for cleaning.

CMM

Post by CMM » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:42 pm

I just bought this mask. The fit is great, but it seems much louder than my other mask. Has anyone noticed that?

JPatch15

Post by JPatch15 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:15 pm

I've been using the Simplus full face mask for about a week with a new APAP unit. The mask fits very well, seals and is comfortable at 8 or 9 cm but if it goes up to13 or 14 it doesn't fit at all - even if I press it against my face it still leaks violently all around. Does anyone else have similar experiences and if so how (if possible) did you alleviate it?

Punchyandtired

Post by Punchyandtired » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:37 pm

I'm up to a pressure of 14 and above and it won't float on my face at this point, and even chinching to my face still allows a fart symphony, so last night I used the lanolin in a small amount to "seal" the mask to my face and it worked like a charm.

I buy extra masks on ebay for 25.00 so at this point, I'm buying them as I wear them out.

Now, can anyone tell me if the laniosh (how do you spell it???) causes acne because i have already done accutane and have gotten a few pimples from the headgear and do not need any more!!!!
45 year old female
First AHI: 33.6 (including 2 desats less than 70%)
Pressure setting: min 13 max 20. 95% pressure has been around 15-16.
Trying to like the resmed p10 air pillows and headgear
Started therapy December 19, 2014