how to fix on/off button resmed s8 autoset spirit 11

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
leled

Re: how to fix on/off button resmed s8 autoset spirit 11

Post by leled » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:51 am

I tried prying the start button off my machine and all I had to do was take a q-tip with a little rubbing alcohol on it to wipe off the contacts and my machine works like a charm again!

THANK YOU!!

blindesjambok

Post by blindesjambok » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:51 am

Hi there fergi
Thanks to your information my totally stressed out tenant can have a peaceful rest tonight!!! His S8 packed up as he went to bed last night with highest temperatures recorded (Zululand, South Africa) this year, 33 degrees Celsius plus 7 degrees added for high humidity, running between 90% and 100%. You are a life-saver, got it going in under one minute after following your advice! At age 55, stage 2 diabetic and sugar-levels at danger levels, you probably saved his life tonight! Thanks again, man, and may God bless you for sharing...

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:43 pm

blindesjambok wrote:Hi there fergi
Thanks to your information my totally stressed out tenant can have a peaceful rest tonight!!!
You get my landlord of the year award

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

David TC

Post by David TC » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi,
I have had the same problems with my VPAP IV ST Resmed machine purchased in 2008.

I followed forge's instructions and, hey presto, the START button now appears to be working properly.

Many thanks for the advice.

David

sweet dreams

Post by sweet dreams » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:47 pm

I lack confidence doing the suggestions, but I am determined to give it a try especially after forcing an approximate price for the repair, do not know how those who decide the pricing sleep at night.

I have read some pulled out the on off button, others removing the face plate

but one person ruined the rubber seal when pulling out the button

as it only involves the button I would like to just access the button but if I damage the rubber seal resmed gets my business

as for undoing the face plate can I damage anything while trying and is there much force involved

I am confused regarding the filing down method. I assume the 2 prongs have a form of coating , when filing are you reshaping the prongs or are you filing away the coating and exposing I assume just wire

appreciate as much detail as possible, ta

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:54 am

Rule of thumb: factor in age of machine and cost of repair versus advantages of new technology
and anticipated future life expectancy. (The machine's and YOURS)
IOW--bite the bullet and buy a new machine, or even a less ancient used machine.
It is your health, after all.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:54 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Rule of thumb: factor in age of machine and cost of repair versus advantages of new technology
IOW--bite the bullet and buy a new machine, or even a less ancient used machine.
+1, Save the old one you now have working again for backup. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:09 pm

Goofproof wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Rule of thumb: factor in age of machine and cost of repair versus advantages of new technology
+1, Save the old one you now have working again for backup. Jim
Or you could apply the PaieRider Methodology:
postulate 1: I've got some time on my hands and I'm a little bored of posting on CPAPtalk.
postulate 2: I've got a machine here (one of many) and I wonder how it works or what its limits of endurance are. etc etc
postulate 3: I'm getting out my Torx and needle-nose pliers now and having a go.
postulate 4: Damn the torpedoes

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:44 pm

Necessity is not the mother of all invention.
Sometimes curiosity just gets an itch and goes after it.

cbwest

Post by cbwest » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:41 pm

thanx very much for the tip....................now my machine works great

WRX03

Post by WRX03 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:50 am

See if your supplier will order the keypad for you and install it yourself. MSRP is $34.53, see if you can get it at dealer's cost and save a lot more $$.
Part# is 19323

dhartun

Post by dhartun » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:42 am

Thanks to Fergi! Taking off the rubber on/off switch and lightly filing the contacts with an emery board really works. I've been plugging and unplugging my unit since this switch stopped working. Try it you may have luck like I did and didn't have to spend money to have a shop fix it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:31 pm

ValerieS wrote:Can you privately email me how to do the repairs on the S8.

Thanks.
sure, post your email address.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:11 pm

dhartun wrote:Thanks to Fergi! Taking off the rubber on/off switch and lightly filing the contacts with an emery board really works. I've been plugging and unplugging my unit since this switch stopped working. Try it you may have luck like I did and didn't have to spend money to have a shop fix it.
rubbing a pencil eraser on the contacts will remove the oxidation while doing far less damage to them. Try it

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:41 am

Guest wrote:
dhartun wrote:Thanks to Fergi! Taking off the rubber on/off switch and lightly filing the contacts with an emery board really works. I've been plugging and unplugging my unit since this switch stopped working. Try it you may have luck like I did and didn't have to spend money to have a shop fix it.
rubbing a pencil eraser on the contacts will remove the oxidation while doing far less damage to them. Try it
+1
Try the eraser BEFORE any sanding or scratching, it's much more gentle.