Resmed S8 Vantage access data?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TGregg

Post by TGregg » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:01 pm

CPUKiller wrote:Will someone PM me with the info on how to access the Clinical menu on my S8 Elite? Also, d, if you are around will you email me the Clinicians Manual?
Not sure why everybody keeps PMing this info, but . . . err. . . rumor has it that if one holds down the down arrow and the right arrow for 3 seconds or so, interesting and helpful things happen. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:15 pm

It is usually done because many are not comfortable making access to the SetUp menu available publicly since if you are not careful and sure of what you are doing you can make changes to pressure, erase data, etc. that you didn't intend to do.

On the other hand I don't think any of us are bashful about telling how to access the Advanced Patient menu where the patient can access their Pressue, Leak, AHI, AI, HI, etc. w/o concern for making any changes to the machine settings.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Dan S....

Resmed s8 clinical manual...

Post by Dan S.... » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:49 pm

[quote="ufo13"]Josh S:

The RESULTS menu and SMART DATA in the OPTIONS menu are displayed ONLY if you have set one or more smart data options to "ON" in the clinical menu,options, smart data! If you do not know how to set this or get into the clinical menu just PM me!

Well consider yourself PM-ed..... I need the info on getting into the settings mode..... Dan S.... dtsb52@comcast.net Thanks.....

samcrut

Clinical Menu Secrecy

Post by samcrut » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:16 pm

My dad's getting into the CPAP world and one thing I've been seeing repeatedly is this cat and mouse game with the clinical menu when I've been looking for info around the web. What's going on here? I understand that it's a prescribed device and that the sleep clinic has to set it to what the doctor orders, but is there a legal blockade to the end user modifying the settings?

I know that an end user switching from 6 to 16 would probably cause problems, but is that change ILLEGAL?

Our APAP was set to operate between 4 and 10 when we got it. A setting of 4 is less pressure than a summer breeze and the machine wasn't detecting that he was breathing, so it was shooting up to 10 to make him breathe, then dropping to 4, then up to 10, then back to 4, 10, 4, 10, 4. He got pissed and ripped the mask off after about an hour.

I went into the clinical menu and set the lower limit to 7 and the next night he slept with it on for 8 hours. If that's wrong, then put me in the pokey.

Dad's got 2 cancerous tumors in the upper left lung lobe. He had pulmonary emboli that very nearly put him in a pine box, and if that wasn't enough, he had pneumonia as well. He's on oxygen and we're doing everything we can to make sure his lungs are getting as much activity as possible so they'll heal up and get back to work. The prospect of waiting for everybody to get back from the easter holiday weekend and then having to wait for the doctor to call the clinic and then me having to drive up to the sleep clinic to have a professional press a few buttons is just stupid.

It took me about 90 seconds. What's with all the secrecy? I'm pretty sure we're all adults here. If you can be trusted to take pills as prescribed, why not use technical equipment? It's just not that complicated.

As for buying the Clinical Menu Manual on ebay. That's just ludicrous. What is it, a one page PDF? There's not that many settings to mess with! That information should be in the regular manual with simple warnings saying to consult with your doctor before making changes. What would happen if I typed up my own and posted it to this board? Would Resmed send lawyers? AMA smackdown? Medicare going to cut the cord? What?

Me? My dad's doctor already declared that I'm not an idiot and said I could change it however I felt would be beneficial based on all the information we've discussed. I'm deputized with a license to heal.

SamCrut

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:14 pm

Welcome to the forum, Sam.

Please feel free to register and join in. We believe in user education and people taking control of their own therapy.
No, it's NOT illegal to change your own therapy settings.....in spite of all you may have been led to believe.

Glad to hear you're taking care of your father and helping him out with his therapy, too. Hope he recovers and gets better.

Best wishes,

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:49 pm

We are fortunate that this forum allows members to post directions to access the Clinician's Menu. Most forums DON'T.

Personally, I prefer to PM this info AND to caution the person I am sending the info to to be sure to write each screen info down as they go thru it so that if they do accidentally or intentionally alter the therapy settings they will know what the original scripted settings were AND also strongly suggesting that they make ONE pressure or therapy setting change at a time and leave it at that change for ONE WEEK BEFORE making ANY other change including a change of masks. I also prefer to wait and watch a few of that person's posts before PMing the info so that I feel comfortable doing so.

Every now and then we run across someone who has found access to the Clinician's Menu and keeps making changes night after night w/o any understanding of what they are doing or why. For instance changing pressure when what they NEED to do is get their mask leaks under control so that they are working with ACCURATE data.

That is just my personal opinion and the way I usually do it. Certainly this forum allows others to handle the situation in the manner they choose.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

hobbs

This can be changed . . .

Post by hobbs » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:33 pm

"But you must get the info before 12 o/clock noon each day as the machine resets itself for the next nights data at that time!"

Just set the time of the machine to a different time. I leave for work at 5AM and don't want to mess with the numbers that early. I set the machines time six hours early and my data is safe until 6PM.

rested gal

Re: Clinical Menu Secrecy

Post by rested gal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:55 pm

samcrut wrote:Dad's got 2 cancerous tumors in the upper left lung lobe. He had pulmonary emboli that very nearly put him in a pine box, and if that wasn't enough, he had pneumonia as well. He's on oxygen and we're doing everything we can to make sure his lungs are getting as much activity as possible so they'll heal up and get back to work.
There are some lung conditions that could make it dangerous to raise cpap pressure. A tendency to pulmonary emboli might be one of them...I don't know.
samcrut wrote:Me? My dad's doctor already declared that I'm not an idiot and said I could change it however I felt would be beneficial based on all the information we've discussed. I'm deputized with a license to heal.

SamCrut
I was getting worried until you wrote that. That's good that you and your father's doctor have discussed your father's cpap treatment and that you have the doctor's go-ahead to make changes to his treatment settings.

I'm very sorry for what your father and everyone in his family is going through, Sam. He's fortunate to have you helping him.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

wboo

settings

Post by wboo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Could someone please send me info on how to set my pressure on my S8 Elite?

Thanks!

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:03 am

Well, WBoo, welcome to the forum! We're delighted to have you join us. But WHY do you want to change the pressure setting on your S8 Elite? How long have you been using CPAP?

Last edited by Slinky on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:34 am

Even after you turn that feature on in the clinical menu, you won't see the statistics ("Efficacy data") unless you look at it before noon. It's not available after 12 noon, as it resets to be ready to collect for the next session.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

wboo

settings

Post by wboo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:57 pm

Well,

I have been using mine for 14 months now and I am not sure I am getting the results I need. I am fully aware of the issue and I believe in taking my health into my own hands as much as possible. Doctors here stink and mine, I havent heard from in over a year, and have no desire to either.
Anyway, thanks in advance.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:47 pm

Thanks, WBoo. Check your PMs.

rwk

s8 elite

Post by rwk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:33 am

on the s8 elite...holding the "outside" buttons down simultanously for 3 seconds. this will get you into your numbers for the night...you can't hurt anything in here. it'll show your AHI, HI, AI, leak rate,. ect.. but, it'll all be gone by noon that day, so it must be previewed upon awakening.

wboo

Post by wboo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Thank you, I appreciate your help. I am going to learn this mach and take a better handle on my own treatment. I will be visiting more often and learning as much as I can.

Ray