Lansinoh

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
khauser

Lansinoh

Post by khauser » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:47 am

I finally found this stuff. People with nasal pillows LISTEN UP! This stuff is really worth it's weight in gold. It made a HUGE difference in leaks, as in from more than none to none. It's kind of expensive (I paid $12 for a small tube) but you use next to nothing each night. Just a tiny amount spread on the pillows and leaks don't happen! Very cool.

Guess who I have to thank for the idea! Everyone join me: THANK YOU PUGSY!!

Last edited by khauser on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleep loss is a terrible thing. People get grumpy, short-tempered, etc. That happens here even among the generally friendly. Try not to take it personally.

MagsterMile

Re: Lansenoh

Post by MagsterMile » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:30 am

Would someone who uses a FF mask also benefit from this? I would be a little fearful if it is put on the cushion that it might ooze out into the eyes.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:36 am

MagsterMile wrote:Would someone who uses a FF mask also benefit from this?
I have my doubts that it would work as well with a FF mask as it does with the nasal pillows. There's a fine line between enough to be a bit tacky and help the seal and too much which will end up making a slippery slope.
I don't see any harm in trying it though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

MagsterMile

Post by MagsterMile » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:47 am

Pugsy wrote:
I have my doubts that it would work as well with a FF mask as it does with the nasal pillows. There's a fine line between enough to be a bit tacky and help the seal and too much which will end up making a slippery slope.
I've been checking at various stores around here and no one carries it. Odd! I might order online. I told my DME RT about the product and she was very interested in it and did a little research while I was in the office yesterday. It comes highly recommended by users on the site that she looked at (mostly by users for the original purpose) and one person on CPAP recommended it. Just a side note: DME RT told me that most of the patients at the clinic with FF masks have the most problems with leaks. Not so much with those who use nasal mask or pillows.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:52 am

MagsterMile wrote:Just a side note: DME RT told me that most of the patients at the clinic with FF masks have the most problems with leaks. Not so much with those who use nasal mask or pillows.
That doesn't surprise me at all. Just think about the amount of surface area on a FF mask that needs to seal and compare it to the surface area of the nasal masks or the nasal pillow masks. The amount of real estate that needs to maintain a seal is significantly larger.

Lansinoh Lanolin ointment...WalMart normally carries it in the baby aisle where bottles and nipples are but I know of one forum member that her local WalMart didn't stock it or else was out of it when she checked.
Walgreen has a store brand I believe but not all Walgreens stock it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kitatonic

Post by Kitatonic » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:30 am

Amazon carries the Lansinoh brand too. I tried the cheaper brand (Now) jar of lanolin and it does not smooth on as well, is dark, gummy on the pillows and has an odor. One tube of Lansinoh lasts me a year.

LaurieRenz

Post by LaurieRenz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:37 am

I found my Lansinoh at Target. This stuff is incredible! I put a little around each nostril at night and it keeps me from getting pressure sores. I got them really badly when I first started therapy.

traveling Utz

Post by traveling Utz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:53 am

I have to agree.. The stuff is very good.. You do not need alot, just a little bit on each..

Thank you PUGSY!!

I got mine at Walmart..

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:22 am

It works on a full-face mask (thin smear all around--like gasket sealer),
I woke up with the very softest ring on my face!
The lanolin soaks into skin and makes it like silk.

teachcsg

Post by teachcsg » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 am

Ever since I read this tip on this forum a few months ago I have recommending it to my patients who use nasal pillows. Great tip so thanks!
Cesar Garza, RRT
Registred Respiratory Therapist
http://www.lastminuteceus.com

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 am

E bay has it in 3 sizes. http://www.ebay.com/itm/LANSINOH-LANOLI ... 35bac35fda
Free shipping.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

khauser

Post by khauser » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:43 am

MagsterMile wrote:
Pugsy wrote:
I've been checking at various stores around here and no one carries it. Odd! I might order online. I told my DME RT about the product and she was very interested in it and did a little research while I was in the office yesterday. It comes highly recommended by users on the site that she looked at (mostly by users for the original purpose) and one person on CPAP recommended it. Just a side note: DME RT told me that most of the patients at the clinic with FF masks have the most problems with leaks. Not so much with those who use nasal mask or pillows.
That's what I came to believe, but it is not so. It's just hard to spot. Almost all Walgreens have it. In the one I found it in I had missed it because it was on the bottom shelf near the feminine supplies. Two counts against spotting it there, for me at least!

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:29 pm

MagsterMile wrote:I've been checking at various stores around here and no one carries it. Odd! I might order online.
It's there, somewhere. First, don't expect most store clerks to know what you are asking about, let alone know where to tell you to find it. That was my experience. Then someone here told me to ask a clerk where the baby bottles are. You should find it next to, or very close, to the baby bottles. At least that's where it's at in Walmart. It is not in the pharmacy or home health section, like I thought it would be! About the only known users of Lanolin HPA, other than us CPAP nasal pillow users, are nursing mothers. I guess the suckling efforts of babies do a good job of drying and chafing nipples.

Last edited by idamtnboy on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tigerlily

Re: Lansinoh

Post by Tigerlily » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:52 am

I'm just wondering...

Will this clog pores? I wouldn't want to start using it and then end up with a bunch of blackheads!!

I've read that lanolin is comedogenic (pore-clogging), but wanted to ask those of you who have been using it daily for a while.

Additional Comments: Pressure: 11 , OSCAR software
~ Tigerlily ~

khauser

Re: Lansinoh

Post by khauser » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:01 am

Tigerlily wrote:I'm just wondering...

Will this clog pores? I wouldn't want to start using it and then end up with a bunch of blackheads!!

I've read that lanolin is comedogenic (pore-clogging), but wanted to ask those of you who have been using it daily for a while.
For nasal pillows you aren't using enough or putting it on a place that causes acne...