Climateline rainout

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jmelby

Climateline rainout

Post by jmelby » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:17 pm

I've had the S9 Autoset literally since it came out a few years ago... ordered within the month or so before ResMed instituted their price controls back in... would that be 2009? I have also had the climateline hose since the start, and use the auto climate control setting with a temperature of 75. I have never had an issue with rainout with this set up until this week. There is no indication or error message on the machine indicating a problem with the hose, but I'm thinking the hose (or maybe even the humidifier itself) has gone bad.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced rainout with climate control enabled... my room has been particularly cold this week, but I thought the climate control system could adjust for that to prevent rainout no matter the room temp.

(yet another Jeff)

Pugsy

Re: Climateline rainout

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 pm

It may be the hose...the electrical part that heats the hose have been known to fail (break) especially in the early ClimateLine hoses...they were really fragile.

It also might just be the colder bedroom temp..
Is the rain out just in the mask or is it in the hose too.
If it is definitely in the hose...I would suspect broken wires and a replacement hose is needed.

If it is in just the mask it might be a combination of the moisture in your exhaled breath and the much cooler room temp.
I use the Climateline but my bedroom is like 50 degrees and I get a bit of rain out only in the nasal pillow barrels..that's from the moisture in my breath...so I wear a little Padacheek barrel cozy.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jmelby

Post by jmelby » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:29 pm

I only noticed the rainout in the mask... but I'll check the hose if it happens again--good idea there. I use an Activa LT mask and the moisture was accumulating in the ridges of the mask--I notice when I turn over and it gets on my nose.

(yet another Jeff)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Sounds like it is from moisture in exhaled breath condensing in the mask because of the cooler than usual bedroom temps. If you can warm up the room temp a little that should help...maybe a little space heater near your head?
Or if it won't be much longer before temps warm up in general...just tough it out????

If you don't have a back up hose..probably would be a good idea to have a spare. I don't have a backup CLimateline but I do have a regular hose and a hose cozy for backup.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.