Secondwindcpap.com Review

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DeepBreath

Secondwindcpap.com Review

Post by DeepBreath » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:05 pm

I decided to pick up a S9 Autoset, and started searching around for a good deal. Secondwindcpap sounded like a great option, the prices are decent and the description of the sanitation process was a lot better than other used options.

After several questions and emails, I was told that they sort their machines by hours (lowest first) and they fill orders in that sequence. I took a gamble and placed my order, the one year warranty and sanitation process sold me. My machine arrived today and I’m thrilled to say I received a unit with 9 run hours.

I spent some time searching the board for info about average hours on machines folks were getting from Secondwind, and didn’t get much of a feel for it. Certainly my case might be the exception, but I wanted to pass along what I have experienced. Great people to work with and I’m thrilled with my purchase.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Secondwindcpap.com Review

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Awesome, and thanks for sharing.

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:11 pm

What is their sanitation process?

DeepBreath

Post by DeepBreath » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:23 pm

cosmo wrote:What is their sanitation process?
http://www.secondwindcpap.com/FAQ.html#19

Check out the why I should buy a used machine section.

justpam

Post by justpam » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Well, since this thread is titled "review" I'll restate my high opinion of Mark and his staff at SecondWind..

Very friendly, prompt and honest folks. I had lots of questions and not one went unanswered.
My "gently used" S9 had 139 run hrs. on it and it looked brand new. (no scratches, dust, nothing).
Included were a new ResMed travel bag, slim line hose, climate line hose, filter, new humidifier tank.
Mark also emailed me with the tracking number the day it shipped.

I would recommend them to anyone looking for a 'gently used' or 'new, open box' PAP machine.

Oh, and the prices are extremely attractive!!

Mirrasi

Post by Mirrasi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:57 pm

I also got mine from there. I went new but it was a great price and they answered a ton of questions from me.

I also like cpap.com, aren't they the owner here? I got my mask from them and they were so fast!

DeepBreath

Post by DeepBreath » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Mark was very nice, and took time to answer all my questions. I knew that there were no guarantees, but his responses sold me on making a purchase. I'm glad there are happy Secondwindcpap purchasers out there, I hope new folks searching about them find this thread and feel comfortable taking a chance with them.
Last edited by DeepBreath on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kimbo

Post by kimbo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:58 pm

SecondWindCPap is great -- I actually purchased a brand new machine from them 5 months ago, took my chances on an S9 VPAP Autoset and it's been great (price was the best deal i've found online). They are standup guys and will take as much time as needed to ensure their customers make an informed decision. I had to get the cheapest machine I could find due to shoddy insurance coverage.

CPAP.com is my goto for all else, love the reviews and accessories (plus the fact that they host this amazing forum).

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:11 pm

kimbo wrote:SecondWindCPap is great -- I actually purchased a brand new machine from them 5 months ago, took my chances on an S9 VPAP Autoset and it's been great (price was the best deal i've found online). They are standup guys and will take as much time as needed to ensure their customers make an informed decision. I had to get the cheapest machine I could find due to shoddy insurance coverage.

CPAP.com is my goto for all else, love the reviews and accessories (plus the fact that they host this amazing forum).
Awaiting the arrival of my new S9 VPAP Auto from SecondWind later this week Kimbo -- good to hear you and others have had such a positive experience. I also talked to Mark at some length and was impressed.

archangle

Post by archangle » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:34 pm

I thought someone had posted that Secondwind was not using ozone any more.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

ismcrazy

Re: Secondwindcpap . com Review

Post by ismcrazy » Fri May 03, 2013 10:33 am

I have used secondwind a few times, first for the purchase of my openbox bipap, and for the re-ordering of some masks, filters and supplies. In the simplest terms - they are great. The staff is incredibly helpful and they are one fo the few businesses that actually seem concerns with customer care and customer service. I can not express my satisfaction enough.

sdale84

Re: Secondwindcpap Review

Post by sdale84 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:38 am

Thanks to everyone who has shared their experience with Second wind. My old RemStar Plus just died on me last night and I need to replace it. However, money is tight and my insurance requires that I rent a machine for a year before I can purchase it. Then, they only cover 20% of the purchase cost. So, it's more than likely that I'll take my chances and just purchase a used one. But, I'm a little leary of doing this and not knowing which company or who to trust in making this purchase. It definitely helps reading feedback like what is provided here. Thanks again! I can now move forward with buying from someone with a little more confidence and hopefully save a couple bucks.

racprops

Post by racprops » Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 am

I too have to sing the praises about Mark and secondwind.

Like everyone else I found the prices and service super.

Not only was I able to get a good deal on my open box machine (open only in price; mine looked like it had never been opened) I also got a great deal on my mask.

Mark has 25 years as a sleep tech and has been helping me with the use of my machine where my Doctor let me down.

You cannot go wrong with secondwind.

Rich

Mahogany71

Post by Mahogany71 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Hello, I think secondwindcpap are amazing! I have had 4 brand new machines and sold them! Customer Service is great!
My Mom is living with a Tracheostomy! and we ( her family ) purchased several...I have also purchased from them and my machine had 13-30 hours!
I had over 10 full face mask Medium and did not want to trash them...so I sold them to swcpap. No problems when I purchased from them and/or when I sold to them.
I hope this helps

Registered Nurse & Registered Respiratory Therapist

mokibria

Post by mokibria » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi, I live in Australia and planning to buy a CPAP machine from them. I was wondering do they accept payment directly from credit cards rather than paypal because when I am clicking on checkout it only takes me to paypal. Thanks.