Zyppah Dental Appliance

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
roland-eric

Re: Zyppah Dental Appliance

Post by roland-eric » Mon May 20, 2013 4:15 pm

ShirleyHansen wrote:For anyone interested,

I bought a ZYPPAH anti-snoring device for my husband who, unfortunately, feels this is not for him. I was one day late to return the device; mind you it was difficult to return it on a Sunday. I am therefore willing to give this new/unused ZYPPAH anti-snoring device to anyone willing to pay the cost of shipping.

Shirley

Have you still ZIPPAH ?
I'm very interested.
Have you an account PAYPAL?
Thank's for reply.
Best regards,

Redheadartiste

Post by Redheadartiste » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:00 am

Folks, this is merely a dental device. I have worn a night guard, professionally made by my dentist, for many years now due to grinding in my sleep. It simply fits in the roof of my mouth. I like this idea as it's much less expensive...mine are always about $500! Now this product's more expensive version takes that night guard a step further by depressing the tongue, further opening the airway! This sounds like a great alternative when camping, or other such time when CPAP is difficult to drag along.

I don't doubt the terrible customer service, but remember "it is what it is." The advertising is horribly misleading without actually making any real claims. I figure it may be worth a try picking up someone else's cast off for $25 on amazon.

ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE MAKING ANY SUCH HEALTH DECISIONS.

danmimilev

Post by danmimilev » Mon May 05, 2014 5:35 pm

roland-eric wrote:
ShirleyHansen wrote:For anyone interested,

I bought a ZYPPAH anti-snoring device for my husband who, unfortunately, feels this is not for him. I was one day late to return the device; mind you it was difficult to return it on a Sunday. I am therefore willing to give this new/unused ZYPPAH anti-snoring device to anyone willing to pay the cost of shipping.

Shirley

Have you still ZIPPAH ?
I'm very interested.
Have you an account PAYPAL?
Thank's for reply.
Best regards,

Shirley
Do you still have the Zyppah
contact me at:
danmimilev@gmail.com
Dan

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 05, 2014 5:41 pm

@danmimilev:
You do not need to post your email, if you invite people to use the button below your name that says "PM"
This means private message--only members can contact you; not spammers and other unknown beings.
You can share private information with exactly whom you choose (except the NSA)

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:35 am

it did not work. I tried following all the suggested steps and it only choked me awake thru the night.
When I tried to return it as they said could be done the response via email was to call customer service. They would not pick up, it was an indefinite hold. This is a rip off. Avoid this scam.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:19 am

Surprise... Not.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

49er

Post by 49er » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:47 am

Guest wrote:it did not work. I tried following all the suggested steps and it only choked me awake thru the night.
When I tried to return it as they said could be done the response via email was to call customer service. They would not pick up, it was an indefinite hold. This is a rip off. Avoid this scam.
Guest,

If you paid by credit or debit card, I would write the company and let them fight to get a refund from the company on your behalf. Sorry you experienced that.

49er

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:41 pm

I tried one of those devices that advances your lower jaw, similar to the product described... it was terrible and I had a lot of residual jaw pain, plus I didn't get any apnea relief. That's just me tho, your mileage may vary.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:34 pm

False hope is always a big seller, generally over-priced, and frequently disappointing.
It makes a fortune for those who don't care who it ruins.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:09 am

chunkyfrog wrote:False hope is always a big seller, generally over-priced, and frequently disappointing.
Yes!
chunkyfrog wrote:It makes a fortune for those who don't care who it ruins.
Ruins? I doubt that. Hopefully, it makes people smarter about how they spend their money in the future.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:16 am

Injury occurs whenever proper treatment is delayed.
I would not wish TMJ on anyone. (A common side effect of these unfitted nonsense devices)
A former co-worker had it, and her pain was an aura that anyone near her could feel.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:21 am

chunkyfrog wrote:A former co-worker had it, and her pain was an aura that anyone near her could feel.
Had she been using an "unfitted nonsense device"?

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:33 pm

She just had the tmj from another cause; and suffered greatly, but it is a well-established fact that many
people can have it acerbated by poorly chosen treatment, especially this sort of quackery.
FDA approval only indicates that cash changed hands--nothing else is certain.

joeshmoe90

Post by joeshmoe90 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:14 pm

While this device pretty much stopped my snoring, it by no means is cure for Apnea. Obviously, I'm here. My wife actually sleeps now. It's was mostly for her. I've been using it for almost 7 months now. I'm used to it. To be fair, it has stopped the out loud, OMG, what is that noise, snoring and by extension, reduced my OSA--somewhat. I still can't sleep on my back indefinitely. But on my side, oh yeah. BIG difference. But then, I have nights random nights with what I believe is Central Apnea. An oral won't help there.

Yeah, it is gimmicky. At $90, it's a joke how cheaply made it is. Since it has FDA approval, they can use words like "cures apnea" and charge a premium. maxed out

I also occasionally grind my teeth (Bruxism). It has helped with that too. What really makes this thing "work", is the rubber band (and that's all it is) which keeps the back of the tongue from either falling back or sealing off your air way.
The band is also the weak point and is where they "get ya". After you buy it, buried in the instructions, they recommend replacing it every 4 months. LoL . Bob Eubanks didn't say nuthin' about that. It stretches out. Mine is probably maxed out. Waiting for it to snap.

Otherwise, it keeps my wife happy. It does a little for me.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm

How happy will the wife be at your funeral, when using XPAP could keep h of around. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire