Zyppah Dental Appliance

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Zyppah Dental Appliance

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:19 pm

Neither should you expect the "higher-level" device to seriously address OSA.
The people pushing the device only used ONE subject. ONE
This at least 2 or 3 HUNDRED people short of a clinically reliable test!
I can not, in good conscience, skip warning you about charlatans who will sell you crap and not care a little bit
whether or not you DIE because you use it instead of the medically accepted treatment.
The one "subject" could easily have been a shill. No legitimate clinical trial is so limited.
I know it is daunting to think about using cpap for the rest of your life, but please believe me,
and the thousands of people using cpap, it works; and is the gold standard for a reason, and it can save your life.
Now go ahead and do what you want. I've said my piece.

janprend

Post by janprend » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:38 pm

So sorry to confuse everyone! I am actually janprend AND 3WSKWA1.... the 3WSKWA1 was because I had trouble typing the confirmation code before posting.... I guess somehow I typed it over the Username. I am really not very good at this.....

janprend

Post by janprend » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:52 pm

I hear ya, ChunkyFrog..... you do have a very good point. It does appear to lack clinical trials. I appreciate your warnings, and we would be wise to be careful. I don't want to be gullible, but then again, clinical trials are expensive and covered in "red tape". I wouldn't want to write off something new with great potential just because it hadn't gone through "official" channels of vetting. It's unfortunate that people can only get this thing in one state. We'll have to keep watching to see if it catches on enough for more people to test and review it. It does appear to be unique in that it combines opening the airway with not allowing the tongue to drop. I don't think any of the other dental devices do that.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Consider this: the absence of clinical trials is very significant.
In real trials, both guinea pigs and human test subjects are not expected not pay for the testing;
and ideally, only the animals risk their lives.
These guys want their test subjects "customers" to PAY for the test AND risk their lives and health.
Nice people.

KHW

Post by KHW » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:02 am

These people SUCK!!!! I have been trying since November 7th to get a refund!!!! Since I didn't receive my product after a month I called and said I wanted to cancel my order. Two days later I get the product in the mail which I returned unopened (with a tracking number). I was asked by their inept Call Center to fax my original order and bank statement and I did ~ a month ago (because they claim they don't have my information). Every time I call Customer Service I get exactly the same answer from a floor supervisor "were forwarding your information to "Upper Management" and someone will call you back in 24 hours". No one ever calls you back. I've called every 24 hours for two weeks and get the same answer. When I ask who "Upper Management" is or if someone can take ownership and help me ~ I get the same answer. An email sent and I'll get called in 24 hours. At this point it's not about the money it's about the morals of the thing. Today I'm filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs. These people suck on so many levels! BEWARE ~ IF YOU PURCHASE FROM THESE PEOPLE YOU WILL HAVE NO SUPPORT WHAT-SO-EVER!!!!!! YOUR MONEY WILL DISAPPEAR!!!

simplyme

Post by simplyme » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:01 am

We are not allowed to attach actual links here, 
Why not? Is this an actual rule here? If it is I missed that, plus what would be the point of having a URL option right above the text box? I am probably guilty of attaching actual links, along with most of the rest of you guys here! You know who you are out there, so no hiding behind the chair...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:16 am

simplyme wrote: Why not? Is this an actual rule here?
People who post here that are not registered members and logged on to their member account won't have the ability to insert a working link to anything.

This is the way the forum was setup so that we wouldn't be bombarded by spam bots.
Now if a spammer wants to have the ability to have a link ....they have to formally register and then log in.
So it requires human effort...but we still spot them and remove them and then shut down their member ID for a little while

So it's more to prevent spam than anything else.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

simplyme

Post by simplyme » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 am

People who post here that are not registered members and logged on to their member account won't have the ability to insert a working link to anything. .... So it's more to prevent spam than anything else.
Ahhh, makes sens now... I'll stop hiding out from the cpaptalk cops now.

DavidCarolina

Post by DavidCarolina » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 pm

indeed, I think the future of treatment eventually will be a very advanced mouth appliance rather than forced air

DreamStalker wrote:It probably wouldn't hurt to try it. At $10 (shipping included), it seems fairly affordable.

Will it cure sleep apnea? Almost 100% it won't cure my severe case. For those with mild or marginal SA, it would not hurt to try it.

Sheffey

Post by Sheffey » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:23 am

ndeed, I think the future of treatment eventually will be a very advanced mouth appliance rather than forced air
Wow. I just cannot begin to imagine it. Most of us have very small airways. They are surrounded by soft tissue that collapses easily. You could not pull the jaw forward enough to solve this problem. Besides, even for the small minority that works to do this, toleration of the jaw pulled forward over years is very poor.
Sheffey

james robinson

Post by james robinson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 am

I was thinking about getting it. I called because I had some questions but it’s all automated service. Unless I can talk to an actual person then all it does it raises red flags. All I need is for me to order it and try to send it back but they still charge my credit card. Then you try to call and you can never speak to anyone.

I pass.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:43 am

I tried the cheaper one...didn't do a thing so I went back to my $3 boil and bite, plus my machine. I sent it back and never did get a reply or a refund
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

jrez61@hotmail.com

Post by jrez61@hotmail.com » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:18 pm

I just received my Zyypah in the mail. I was very excited to see a new version of similar products on the market, I figured this may be a step up in quality and performance. NOT! The Zyypah device is to small to properly align so a person can custom fit. I have decided to return the item, I hope I get my money back.
As a side note, consumers need to be aware that Zyypah shares your personal information. A company claiming to be somehow related to Zyypah tried to Phish my credit card info so they could offer me an introductory trial membership in some kind of savings program(scam). So in a nutshell, bad experience!

ShirleyHansen

Post by ShirleyHansen » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:25 pm

For anyone interested,

I bought a ZYPPAH anti-snoring device for my husband who, unfortunately, feels this is not for him. I was one day late to return the device; mind you it was difficult to return it on a Sunday. I am therefore willing to give this new/unused ZYPPAH anti-snoring device to anyone willing to pay the cost of shipping.

Shirley

grapeshly

Post by grapeshly » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:55 pm

My dentist, who was instrumental in getting me my home sleep study, told me that the primary recommended therapy for OSA is a cpap machine. Only if I were to be unable to adjust to the machine would he recommend an oral device, and even then, he said, they need a lot of fitting and adjustment for them to work. It sounded to me like even though he wouldn't mind my business for an oral device, he would be reluctant to fit me for one unless absolutely convinced I was getting nowhere with a machine. (He also was dead set against surgery that involved the palate or throat, saying it could have consequences for swallowing properly.)

Two takeaways:
1. Even my dentist doesn't think they're the best solution
2. They need careful fitting from a patient and knowledgeable person.

I have been going to my dentist for better than 2 decades, and have always found him to keep up with the latest techniques and advances in his field, able to clearly explain whatever procedure he was proposing -- including a lesson in the anatomy of my mouth, and he carefully will listen to my questions and concerns. All if this is to say I have enormous respect for him and his judgement.

So, I'd say a mail-order oral device isn't going to work.