Zeo Headband - Think I've Got It!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sir NoddinOff

Re: Zeo Headband - Think I've Got It!

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:50 pm

This is an old thread, however I'm still interested in buying or renting a Zeo headset. I know the Zeo company shut down operations last year, but apparently CF, KarinaK and others are still getting reports from their units (no more online reports, as I understand it). Is this using the desktop version, or am I missing something? Here's somebody selling them on Ebay... is this what I should buy or is it useless? Also, I remember that the sensors wear out over time... are replacements readily available Anybody willing to let me try theirs if I pay postage both ways?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeo-Sleep-Manag ... 4ad30b4b23

Later note: Looking at the picture on the packaging on the Ebay listing I can see there's a small handheld unit with an LED display. I can see that is probably how the reports are generated, tho they appear somewhat abbreviated.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Sir, I have a bedside unit and I still use it. The one you're looking at is a mobile unit and many people are still using those too, I think. Look through this long (and convoluted) thread, https://forum.quantifiedself.com/thread ... -your-data , which contains the most current info on Zeo. The mobile unit requires you to download an app to your smart phone to receive, sync, and display the data transmitted by the headband. The ads for the mobile units were a little deceiving, the displays depicted were on user supplied smart phones. From my readings, people have had an easier time with android over IOS. I don't know if either app still exists. The bedside unit and headband are self contained and it is possible to download info from the bedside SD card to a PC. However, the bedside units are more expensive and harder to find than the mobile units.The headbands of the mobile unit and the bedside unit are similar, but not interchangeable. The headband sensor electrodes, made from metallic cloth, generally seem to last longer than the 90 days recommended by Zeo. There is at least one instructable on the web on replacing the sensor cloth.

Jay

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:28 am

Jay Aitchsee wrote:Sir, I have a bedside unit and I still use it. The one you're looking at is a mobile unit and many people are still using those too, I think. Look through this long (and convoluted) thread, https://forum.quantifiedself.com/thread ... -your-data , which contains the most current info on Zeo. The mobile unit requires you to download an app to your smart phone to receive, sync, and display the data transmitted by the headband. The ads for the mobile units were a little deceiving, the displays depicted were on user supplied smart phones. From my readings, people have had an easier time with android over IOS. I don't know if either app still exists. The bedside unit and headband are self contained and it is possible to download info from the bedside SD card to a PC. However, the bedside units are more expensive and harder to find than the mobile units.The headbands of the mobile unit and the bedside unit are similar, but not interchangeable. The headband sensor electrodes, made from metallic cloth, generally seem to last longer than the 90 days recommended by Zeo. There is at least one instructable on the web on replacing the sensor cloth.

Jay
Thanks Jay for your nutshell summary/update, plus the great (huge ) link of what's going on with Zeo enthusiasts; I had no idea there were that many people interested in extending its life. Everything from porting Zeo data onto different platforms to making your own sensors from EKG pads. Love it.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.