have Strep-can't use my cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
newname

have Strep-can't use my cpap

Post by newname » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 pm

I've been sick since Christmas and have strep. My throat is on fire. This is day 5 of Penicillin. Throat getting a little better, however the air from cpap blowing down my throat causes more dryness and soreness.
Also how and what do I have to sanitize besides the mask to make sure the strep does not linger?

Sir NoddinOff

Re: have Strep-can't use my cpap

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Whew, that's a tough one. I'm going to bump this up, so some senior member can offer advice.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:32 pm

I am just losing a nasty head cold, and found that putting a cough lozenge in my mouth before turning on my machine really helped the soreness and dryness.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:45 pm

If you use good mask wipes I wouldn't worry about re-infection. Your body will still have some antibiotic left to begin with, your immune system will be ramped up (does that by itself and the bacteria don't live just anywhere for very long.