RemZZZs Users

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sheriff Buford

RemZZZs Users

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:33 am

Can RemZZZs users tell me what they use to keep the liner on the mask? I am trying out the liner and the instructions said to use a petroleum base product on the mask seal to keep the liner from moving. I used vasalene with no success. What am I doing wrong?

As Always, Thanks, Sheriff

Heavylids

Re: RemZZZs Users

Post by Heavylids » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:16 am

I've been using them for quite a while with nothing (dry) and the liner stays in place. Seems that using Vaseline or the like would reduce the life of the liner and just be messy in general. Are you pre-stretching out the center opening before using them?

How about taping the edge on each side onto the mask? It probably won't take much to hold it in place.

Journeyman

Post by Journeyman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:14 am

Dry works for me when I use them with my full face mask. I center it on my mask and then carefully place it in position on my face. I used a mirror at first to help in figuring it out. Sometimes a little tug here and there after its on, but dry is good to go for me.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Heavylids wrote:I've been using them for quite a while with nothing (dry) and the liner stays in place. Seems that using Vaseline or the like would reduce the life of the liner and just be messy in general. Are you pre-stretching out the center opening before using them?

How about taping the edge on each side onto the mask? It probably won't take much to hold it in place.
What do you mean when you refer to pre-stretching? Pulling on the sides? Nope, I didn't...

Sheriff

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Too much trouble. I tried them and couldn't get them to stay put. That's when I discovered Padacheeks liners. I put one on my mask every Sunday (just finished doing so) and use it all week without worrying about it. I own two of them so one is always clean and ready to go. They velco around the mask. I also use a couple of small pieces of scotch tape to hold the top of the liner on to my mask. I use a Quattro FX full face mask, FWIW.

Try these, you'll probably like them.

JeffH

Thetoolman

Post by Thetoolman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks,
I am going to try these. I have the round ones. I like how they work. I have trouble sometimes with slipping. but they do help the seal.
Mine are on the way
D

Becky at RemZzzs

Post by Becky at RemZzzs » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:Can RemZZZs users tell me what they use to keep the liner on the mask? I am trying out the liner and the instructions said to use a petroleum base product on the mask seal to keep the liner from moving. I used vasalene with no success. What am I doing wrong?

As Always, Thanks, Sheriff
Hello, Sheriff Buford!

I hope that you are having a very Merry Christmas. I work for the company that makes RemZzzs. I wanted to let you know that we do not recommend petroleum based products for use with RemZzzs because most importantly it can damage your seal/cushion, but also because it is so messy.

We do, however, recommend use of water based products (i.e. KY and other products like it) for use with RemZzzs. The water based products do not damage your seal/cushion and will actually dry off completely over night and will not gunk up your seal/cushion.

You said that you want to keep it on your mask and I would like to try and help you. How is it coming off of your mask?
I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Becky at RemZzzs
Becky Bennett
RemZzzs Personal Customer Care Rep & Social Media Consultant
Naturs Design, Inc - the makers of RemZzzs

RemZzzs... Let yourself dream again
Prouldy Made in the USA

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:46 pm

I have a 30 pack medium sized my DME sent me.., never opened the box. Padacheek liners work awesome and they are washable.. I've been using my 2 liners for 3 months now.

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

Becky at RemZzzs

Post by Becky at RemZzzs » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Thetoolman wrote:Thanks,
I am going to try these. I have the round ones. I like how they work. I have trouble sometimes with slipping. but they do help the seal.
Mine are on the way
D
We do offer free samples to those who would like to try them. Just PM me. I am very glad that some of you are having success with RemZzzs. Please know that I am always available by email on nights and weekends or for phone calls during the business week. I love to troubleshoot and want to help you get a great night's sleep, if I can.

We do recommend stretching each RemZzzs liner, once you have it in place on your mask on for a custom fit around your nose and mouth. We do suggest that you have 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of "extra" material on the outside of the mask. This will help to keep the liner in place and ensure that as your mask shifts at night that the mask will stay on top of the liner and not slide off onto your face.

I hope that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

Becky at RemZzzs
Becky Bennett
RemZzzs Personal Customer Care Rep & Social Media Consultant
Naturs Design, Inc - the makers of RemZzzs

RemZzzs... Let yourself dream again
Prouldy Made in the USA

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote: the instructions said to use a petroleum base product on the mask seal to keep the liner from moving. I used vasalene
Never, ever use petroleum based products near your mask or machine. It degrades silicon. Use the lanishol nipple cream, it is food grade lanolin cream safe for babies to eat.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

porete

Post by porete » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:53 pm

I've been using Remzzzs with my mask and love them! It makes the mask MUCH more comfortable to wear. I did have a problem with the liner slipping off, but I put some Lansinoh on the mask and that kept the liner secure. Lately, I've been folding the liner over a little at the top and have not had to use the Lansinoh. You can find Lansinoh at Walgreens, CVS, etc.

http://www.lansinoh.com/products/hpa-lanolin

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:21 pm

dang... already did it... I'm a dummy...

Heavylids

Post by Heavylids » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:27 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Heavylids wrote:I've been using them for quite a while with nothing (dry) and the liner stays in place. Seems that using Vaseline or the like would reduce the life of the liner and just be messy in general. Are you pre-stretching out the center opening before using them?

What do you mean when you refer to pre-stretching? Pulling on the sides? Nope, I didn't...

Sheriff

You just stretch the inner hole slightly to fit your nose and mouth. Do it evenly all around. Makes the first few uses and lot more pleasant and will help to keep the liner from sliding around. You really just need the liner between your cushion and skin. having it cover part of your nose and mouth is pointless and uncomfortable.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:31 am

Nice of Becky to respond. Only a few product suppliers are visible on this forum.
And to all of them a very happy holiday!
And to those still lurking, {{{smile}}}

kismet210

Post by kismet210 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:30 pm

I was given a few RemZZZ's to try when I got my machine. I've never used anything with them either (dry). I use a nasal mask, so I just stretch the RemZZZ a little bit around my nose and tilt my head back a little bit so when I put on my mask the material doesn't slip away. It stays in place all night.