Might be an old topic... but...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ems

Might be an old topic... but...

Post by ems » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Does anyone here use one of those lamps that seem to be the most popular during the Winter months? Natural sun or something like that?? Don't need the alarm... just a lamp.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Lizistired

Re: Might be an old topic... but...

Post by Lizistired » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:30 pm

ems wrote:Does anyone here use one of those lamps that seem to be the most popular during the Winter months? Natural sun or something like that?? Don't need the alarm... just a lamp.
I think they are called "Full Spectrum". Not sure if you get what you pay for though.

ems

Post by ems » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Lizistired wrote:
ems wrote:Does anyone here use one of those lamps that seem to be the most popular during the Winter months? Natural sun or something like that?? Don't need the alarm... just a lamp.
I think they are called "Full Spectrum". Not sure if you get what you pay for though.
That's what I was thinking...
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

eeckel

Post by eeckel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:36 pm

I have a lamp that simulates sunrise by gradually getting lighter. I like it because I get up around 5:00 and its so dark this time of year. It just softens the blow of getting up early in the winter. Philips Hf3470/60 Wake-up Light, White

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi - Google 'lighting for SADD" and you should get lots of ideas. Good luck!

ems

Post by ems » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Julie wrote:Hi - Google 'lighting for SADD" and you should get lots of ideas. Good luck!
Thank you... what I found amazing is that they vary in price from $39.00 to $300.00 and higher! I doubt that one is really any better than the other.

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm

yup, i've got them from a company called full-spectrum solutions - i don't recommend them - I got a floor and desk lamp combo in "brass" which in 2 years never being out the house they have a considerable amount of rust on their base - they cost hundreds and the bulbs break if you look at them - and cost $50 to replace - i've already bought 4 replacement bulbs and both of them sit without bulbs in them - so we went through a total of 6 bulbs

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:44 am

I'm going to treat myself to one. I'll probably go with one of these two. They both cost around $80.

Philips Hf3470/60 Wake-up Light, White
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Hf3470-60 ... B003XN4RIC

Verilux Rise and Shine Natural Wake-up Light, White
http://www.amazon.com/Verilux-Shine-Nat ... B003TPSD7K

ems

Post by ems » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:48 am

Thanks so much everyone!

Cosmo, thanks so much for those links. I'm going to check into both. Curious to know which one you choose and why. Thanks!

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:14 am

Actually, you just need a lamp so the ones I picked for myself wouldn't be best. I'm using it just for alarm feature.

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:25 am

Darn you EMS Now I have something else I want to buy.

49er

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:32 am

ems wrote:
Julie wrote:Hi - Google 'lighting for SADD" and you should get lots of ideas. Good luck!
Thank you... what I found amazing is that they vary in price from $39.00 to $300.00 and higher! I doubt that one is really any better than the other.
The best one is actually the cheapest, even if it's a little cloudy.
...other than food...

tetragon

Post by tetragon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:50 am

deltadave wrote:
ems wrote:
It's broken where I live. The ETA for when it'll be fixed is in a few months, in April or so.

DiverCTHunter

Post by DiverCTHunter » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 am

tetragon wrote:
deltadave wrote: The best one is actually the cheapest, even if it's a little cloudy.
It's broken where I live. The ETA for when it'll be fixed is in a few months, in April or so.

There's a problem with getting it delivered where I am. Lot of traffic between the warehouse and my location.

Prescribed APAP range - 6-10 cm/H2O, titrated at 8.
Current range - 9.0-11.5 cm/H2O - still searching for the magic "zero night" but averaging 2.2 AHI

ems

Post by ems » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:48 pm

deltadave wrote:
ems wrote:
Agree!