I'm exchanging my S9 Autoset tmw. Do I keep SD card?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ughwhatname

I'm exchanging my S9 Autoset tmw. Do I keep SD card?

Post by ughwhatname » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm finally getting my S9 Autoset in PINK! They are doing an exchange, and I don't know about my SD card. I've downloaded everything onto Sleepyhead, but wonder if I should exchange the card or hold onto mine? Will it work in the new machine? I'm thinking it might get confused on the serial number of the machine.

Help! Who knows?

JaxTom

Re: I'm exchanging my S9 Autoset tmw. Do I keep SD card?

Post by JaxTom » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm

You can turn in card. Sleepy Head will know you have new machine. It's pretty cool.

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm wondering whether the new machine will accept my current card? All things being equal, I'd rather keep the one I have.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 pm

ughwhatname wrote:I'm wondering whether the new machine will accept my current card? All things being equal, I'd rather keep the one I have.
I don't know if the new machine will like the old SD card or not.
If it were a Respironics PR S1...the machine won't care.... but given the S9's nit picky way of doing things...I don't know.
You can try sticking it in the machine and see what it says.
I don't remember anyone doing what you are wanting to do...mix machines on one SD card.
I have done it with my PR S1 machines but I have never had more than 1 S9 machine to test it out.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:24 pm

If the new machine uses an SD card, it will accept it. At worse, you might need to reformat it.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:36 pm

The card from your old S9 will work in your new S9, but your new S9 will want to erase all data because it doesn't match the machine's data.
It doesn't matter. You can probably keep your old card and your mouth shut, and wind up with 2 cards.

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Okay, thanks all for the advise. Here's hoping my new machine doesn't do the owl whistle!

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Yeah! Got my NEW NEW NEW S9 in PINK! Wooo hooo! Finally.

I checked run hours... ZERO!

The bag even has pink edging. Now I'm stylin' for sure.

I have had the machine for two months and just traded in for a brand-spanking new one in the color of my preference. My DME is going to get a good review.

Funny thing is, I must rent for three months, then purchase. I haven't paid anything since Day one. The receptionist told me I had a balance due. When I was there a month ago, I asked about making the monthly payment and was advised to wait for a bill. One ever came. Today, I paid for last month, and they still haven't gotten payment for the current month. I was told their billing dept. was lame, and I see it is. That's fine, I'm happy to hold onto my money longer.

I'm just certain I'll sleep much better knowing I have a pink machine to match the curtains.

Weee!

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Whoops. Forgot to say that I got the new SD card with the machine. The gal told me that the other SD card was "yours to keep." So, now I have an extra SD card, a new filter and extra hose, and brand new everything.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:18 pm

ughwhatname wrote:Whoops. Forgot to say that I got the new SD card with the machine. The gal told me that the other SD card was "yours to keep." So, now I have an extra SD card, a new filter and extra hose, and brand new everything.