ComfortLite 2 without the elbow

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Treesap

Post by Treesap » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:19 pm

rested gal wrote:Linda, the CL2's headgear fits better than the Aura headgear -- on my head, anyway. CL2's can be taken up quite a bit more than Aura's can. The Aura's straps are too long for many women's heads, I think.

The CL2 headgear doesn't mash my hair down or pull it. Stays in place very well and is comfortable. Could annoy people who don't like something across the forehead...doesn't bother me.

I'm able to snuggle down into the pillow and pull covers up with the CL2. It's not as perfect for that as the Aura, but close enough.

The deconstructed Aura is still my favorite, with the CL2 a very close second and a nice mask to switch to.

Lately, I've been using the "simple cushion" (the little nose covering mask) with the CL2. As long as I put a homemade strap around the front of it, the simple cushion is working well - leaks wayyyy too much without the strap keeping it steadily against my nose. That's become a very nice rotation alternative when I feel like a change from nasal pillows.

Linda and Snoozin' Bluezzz...some people have noted that they need to adjust pressure up or down a bit, depending on what mask they wear. With an autopap you wouldn't think that would make any difference, but it might be that the lower pressure setting needs to be raised a notch or two with some masks. Perhaps that could make a difference in your results with the Aura.
I might have to try this mask. I actually wear the top piece of my Optilife on my forehad. :f I push it up like the photo shows, it slides off my head.

Work like you don't need the money;
Love like you've never been hurt;
Dance like nobody's watching.

Treesap

Post by Treesap » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:31 pm

How do you know what size of nasal pillows you need for the CL2?

Work like you don't need the money;
Love like you've never been hurt;
Dance like nobody's watching.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:10 pm

Ms Piggy wrote:there is a list of threads that give a run down on many masks etc., that would be worth taking a look at it. sorry I don't have the link. think stuff like that is listed at the top somewhere.
LINKS to MASKS - nasal mask, nasal pillows, nasal prongs
viewtopic.php?p=35286

LINKS to Lab Rat Trophy awards
viewtopic.php?t=15104
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

JZ

Post by JZ » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:35 pm

alnhwrd wrote:I know everyone has their own opinions, but what is the "best" nasal pillow mask? I have tried the Swift II which did not work at all, but I would like to get a nasal pillow interface, but don't want to get a dud since I will be paying out of pocket for it. So which is best? Here is my criteria, in order of importance:

Good Seal, low leak
Quiet
Requires little or no modification
Durable
Comfortable
Not too expensive

The Swift would not seal, seemed to leak from every joint, and was very noisy. My Ultra Mirage requires a great deal of tweaking to get it to work right and not tear up my nose, so a nasal pillow would be a good releif from it for a few nights. My sleep doc said that most of his patients, once they get used to the pillows often don't go back to the mask. Any truth to that?
ainhwrd,

If you find nasal pillows that meet three or more of those qualifications, let me know quickly.

I did not like the Swift and switched to the ComfortLite 2 for about 7 months. Now I mostly use the Aura/Twilight/Headrest. So much depends on the size and shape of your head and face, the positions you sleep in, etc.

I get a very good seal with the CL2, few leaks, and it is quiet. I have a small head/face, and the headgear is too big for me. But the only modification I have done is use a tights strap for stability. It has been durable, but I recommend getting a new pillows attachment every four months or so. I find it moderately comfortable. The forehead pad is big, clunky and too heavy, but I got used to it. It costs $79.99 at cpap.com.

The Aura/Twilight/Headrest provides me a good seal with few leaks. It is on the noisy side. This headgear is too big for me too, but again, the only modification I use is one tights strap for stability. The jury is out on durability. I have cracked or broken the hard plastic inside the nasal pillows attachment twice -- maybe I am just too rough on it as I have not seen others complaining about this. It is more comfortable for me than the CL2 for sleeping on my sides. It costs $99.99 at cpap.com. One very nice feature of this mask is that its exhaust vents go straight up and thus do not blow air at one's bed partner.

Janna

TheDreamer

Re: ComfortLite 2 without the elbow

Post by TheDreamer » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:45 pm

So, if you haven't seen my new avatar today....its me sporting a modified CL2.

It also shows the differencing in strap attachment that I've resorted to. I feel I needed straps wide to steady the thing, but my left ear is slight higher than my right ear...so the strap was cutting into my ear. Even had some bleeding. Then I thought does it really need to be the same on both sides....

I did this mod using a hacksaw blade I had in my toolbox (but I have no hacksaw frame)....so it was a challenge. I'm thinking for next time I'm going to get a dremel. And, I do have another CL2, though I haven't gotten around to acquiring another inlet tube (or 2, since the one I used for this mod I swiped off of my Mirage Vista mask)....waiting until I have $100 or more in stuff that I want to get from cpap.com

Plus I'm eligible for new mask from DME.... so is a 3rd CL2 a consideration...in which case, I think I'll definitely want that dremel. OTOH, I'm debating asking about hybrid mask as backup, since there have been more than a few close calls where I was so congested initially....that sinus rinse couldn't penetrate.

The Dreamer.

You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!

73 de W0LKC