Does your dme do this?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
newname

Does your dme do this?

Post by newname » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:24 pm

If I order something on Dec.1, they ship it around Dec 10. Then they bill medicare on
Dec.10. When I go to re-order my 30 days later, they tell me I can't order until the 10th becasue that's when they billed insurance. Shouldn't my 30 day re-order date be 30 days from when I ordered it previously? It's not my fault if they don't ship right away. I've missed out on filter orders because of this. They keep dragging the re-order dates out when they delay shipments. This doesn't seem right to me!!!!!

jencat824

Re: Does your dme do this?

Post by jencat824 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 pm

I agree with you, but you need to have a serious discussion with their billing department. It seems to me they should bill when you order, but they may make the case of billing when shipped. If they do, ask why? Your logic is sound, but when dealing with medicare sometimes logic does not enter the equation.
Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:37 pm

newname wrote:If I order something on Dec.1, they ship it around Dec 10. Then they bill medicare on
Dec.10. When I go to re-order my 30 days later, they tell me I can't order until the 10th becasue that's when they billed insurance. Shouldn't my 30 day re-order date be 30 days from when I ordered it previously? It's not my fault if they don't ship right away. I've missed out on filter orders because of this. They keep dragging the re-order dates out when they delay shipments. This doesn't seem right to me!!!!!
What is soooo important that it needs to be ordered at exactly 30 days. You should re-order when something needs replacing...not when the insurance allows a replacement.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Medicare is eliminating the time constraints, and requiring statements of "need". (maybe someday even "proof")
--If they ask if you already have an unopened ___, you can't get a new one, until it's unusable.
I guess if you can't wait, you can buy OOP.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:33 pm

LSAT wrote:What is soooo important that it needs to be ordered at exactly 30 days.
Some people run ebay businesses

rabidcoconut

Post by rabidcoconut » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:52 pm

What is soooo important that it needs to be ordered at exactly 30 days. You should re-order when something needs replacing...not when the insurance allows a replacement.
Usually around 2 1/2 months my masks start leaking and gradually getting worse. By the time that 3 months roll around I'm so ready for a new mask and delaying that even longer due to the dme's funky billing policies would be excruciatingly annoying to say the least.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:22 pm

That is probably the plan,

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:28 pm

My supplies don't implode after 30 days so I don't worry too much about it. My DME is probably more concerned that I don't come in for mask fittings or call them for assistance. That's what cuts into their business model. That said, they have enough sheep to support them.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:28 am

rabidcoconut wrote:Usually around 2 1/2 months my masks start leaking and gradually getting worse. By the time that 3 months roll around I'm so ready for a new mask and delaying that even longer due to the dme's funky billing policies would be excruciatingly annoying to say the least.
What mask do you use?

You do know that you can buy just the cushions (say of a nasal mask) much more often?
You do NOT have to replace the entire mask just to get new cushions.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

retrodave15

Post by retrodave15 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:31 am

I use the auto order system for my supplies. I get a box of supplies every 3 months. This way they bill my insurance company at the proper interval and I do not have to worry about remembering to order. If something changes - I just need to call, like when I had my cervical fusion I had them add a large headger to my order to accommodate sleeping in my C-Collar.

Event Planner / Trade show Manager / Driver of the Winnebago

Newark, Ohio

Wife's Equipment: PRS1 AutoIQ w/ Cflex+, Swift FX for Her

rabidcoconut

Post by rabidcoconut » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 am

StuUnderPressure wrote: What mask do you use?

You do know that you can buy just the cushions (say of a nasal mask) much more often?
You do NOT have to replace the entire mask just to get new cushions.
With Blue Cross I used a mirage, with Kaiser I had the Quattro until just recently they started shipping me Quattro FX's. It's so stupid but they don't cover just replacing the cushions because I don't need a new mask every 3 months, or headgear. And they would save so much money just sending out parts that I need. But they'll only cover the entire mask, which sadly is cheaper to get through the insurance than getting new cushions out of pocket and $$ is an important concern.

Changing back to blue cross in Jan though so I'm looking forward to that.