What's your ZQ score

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Average ZQ scores

110 and up
13%
100 to 109
No votes
90 to 99
6%
80 to 89
19%
70 to 79
31%
60 to 69
19%
50 to 59
6%
40 to 49
6%

Total votes: 16

Uncle_Bob

Re: What's your ZQ score

Post by Uncle_Bob » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 am

deltadave wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote:What concerns me right now is my rem, its like in that graph, small burst cycles after a few hours and then all bunched up at the end of my night. I'm convinced i wake from REM which as i undertsand it is not a good thing. Should i see someone about that ?
Who said waking up from REM is a bad thing? Waking at the END of your final REM period is EXACTLY how you should wake up.

TS, disruptions DURING REM periods are not good.

IF that Zeo architecture is accurate (and I doubt the accuracy of these things in anybody with bad sleep, but what the hey, this is an interesting example), it looks like somebody who had a hefty amount of alcohol. Delayed, reduced and fragmented REM until the ETOH wears off which results in a substantial REM Rebound.
I thought waking up during your REM, such as waking during dreaming is not desirable. However i didnt know that waking at the end of a REM cycle is the goal. The zeo alarm has a setting to look for a "natural awaking point", so you think this is a end of REM cycle and not during do you think?

This chart i posted is from March, i could have had a few beers. If my sleep hygiene that day was bad for whatever reason, caffiene, alcohol, stress etc why did the zeo score the night which such a high score?

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 am

Uncle_Bob wrote:I thought waking up during your REM, such as waking during dreaming is not desirable. However i didnt know that waking at the end of a REM cycle is the goal. The zeo alarm has a setting to look for a "natural awaking point", so you think this is a end of REM cycle and not during do you think?
This seems to be the goal of that thing:
The SmartWake alarm may make it a little easier to get out of bed in the morning. SmartWake will look to wake you from a "natural awakening point" when the brain is highly active. More specifically, Zeo will prevent you from waking from Deep sleep, and instead will look for a moment when you transition into and out of REM sleep.
However, waking while transitioning into a REM period is probably not a good idea. Perhaps the Zeo programmers tried to take into account the inability of Zeo to occasionally distinguish Wake from REM,
...other than food...

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:46 am

Uncle_Bob wrote:This chart i posted is from March, i could have had a few beers. If my sleep hygiene that day was bad for whatever reason, caffiene, alcohol, stress etc why did the zeo score the night which such a high score?
See ZQ calculation formula posted earlier in this thread. In your example, Total Sleep Time accounted for 85 and SWS accounted for 30 (although hefty quantities of alcohol can frontload your sleep with SWS, especially if one's sleep is abnormal to begin with. Consequently, even with the rudimentary Zeo analysis, that example does look like like an AB Histogram).

...other than food...

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:07 pm

bump