Aloha Update

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cdmeowme57

Re: Aloha Update

Post by cdmeowme57 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:29 pm

I too was having problems with marks being very noticeable from my Aloha - I called Karen at Pad-a-Cheek and she
designed straps to fit the Aloha and I ordered them and they are absolutely great - just wanted to let you all know that
she has them available. I just took the old ones off and the pad-a-cheek ones are so much softer - no more marks.

jwerley

Post by jwerley » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 pm

ozze_dollar wrote:I also use the back connection. My only problem is the back strap,it always rides up to the top of my head requiring many adjustments.
I am still trying to decide if I like the medium or the large pillow size,isnt that stupid.
Not stupid ....I have the same problem...I find with the Aloha you are constantly adjusting things....Just saying..... Still LOVE it!!!!!!

"He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your true worth."
Kahlil Gibran

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:44 pm

jwerley wrote:
ozze_dollar wrote:I also use the back connection. My only problem is the back strap,it always rides up to the top of my head requiring many adjustments.
I am still trying to decide if I like the medium or the large pillow size,isnt that stupid.
Not stupid ....I have the same problem...I find with the Aloha you are constantly adjusting things....Just saying..... Still LOVE it!!!!!!
I happen to use a PAPcap chinstrap, so that itself holds the mask in place for me.
cdmeowme57 wrote:I too was having problems with marks being very noticeable from my Aloha - I called Karen at Pad-a-Cheek and she
designed straps to fit the Aloha and I ordered them and they are absolutely great - just wanted to let you all know that
she has them available. I just took the old ones off and the pad-a-cheek ones are so much softer - no more marks.
Love Karen. I use her covers on my Swift FX straps and main hose. Can't wait to order covers for my Aloha.
Sleep well and live better!

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:21 pm

I absolutely LOVE my Aloha! Just had to say that. I'm feeling so much more rested, even on nights where I might have gone to bed late or restless.

JohnO

Post by JohnO » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 pm

tattooyu wrote:I absolutely LOVE my Aloha! Just had to say that. I'm feeling so much more rested, even on nights where I might have gone to bed late or restless.
Glad to hear. I too am very comfortable with my Aloha.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 am

cdmeowme57 wrote:I too was having problems with marks being very noticeable from my Aloha - I called Karen at Pad-a-Cheek and she
Pad-A-Cheek Karen, can you send a pair of these Aloha straps to me too? The only thing better than my Aloha would be my Aloha minus the funky face marks!

jimnsc

Post by jimnsc » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:38 am

Have some pads coming around the first of the week from Karen, and thanks for the news.

I think I may have a special problem most of you do not (just guessing) - I have reached an age where my skin does not have the same elasticity I enjoyed in my 20's. It used to never bother me about the mask impressions as they were gone in several hours - but no more. Not complaining - glad to have lived for 71 years. Someone mentioned having a problem determining which size pillows was appropriate for them - In most masks I use large pillows but not with the Aloha. It's medium and I always thought they was a tad larger than most. I love the Aloha and will do anything I can to continue using it.

tattooyu

Post by tattooyu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:41 am

jimnsc wrote:. . . Someone mentioned having a problem determining which size pillows was appropriate for them - In most masks I use large pillows but not with the Aloha. It's medium and I always thought they was a tad larger than most. I love the Aloha and will do anything I can to continue using it.
Funny, I used the medium pillows for my Swift FX, but I need the large pillows for the Aloha. Just goes to show you how unique we all are!

Karen was supposed to send me a fund request via PayPal for my strap covers, but I never got it. I'll have to email her.

Bon Bon

Post by Bon Bon » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 am

I just put in an order with Karen this morning. Wish I'd known she had strap covers for the Aloha. Oh well, I'll wait and see how you like them and then I'll order them.

I've liked my Aloha since the first night I used it but I keep liking it more every time I wear it.

jimnsc

Post by jimnsc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:06 am

Bon Bon wrote:I just put in an order with Karen this morning. Wish I'd known she had strap covers for the Aloha. Oh well, I'll wait and see how you like them and then I'll order them.

I've liked my Aloha since the first night I used it but I keep liking it more every time I wear it.

You can find something wrong with everything but I'll have to say the Aloha is a winner! All thy have to do at Respcare is make small modifications as they hear about them in forums like this.