My life just fell apart

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepingUgly

Re: My life just fell apart

Post by SleepingUgly » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Have you called the police?
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Oh Kat...I was away all day so didn't read your post until now. Our prayers are being sent your way without you even asking. I hope you have gotten some much needed medical attention, you need to talk it out with someone as soon as possible. Please be assured that you will be okay, it will take some time for you to recover emotionally.....but you will, you are strong, you have asked for our prayers and you have gotten them. We are a strange and varied group, but we stick together when one of our own needs help. We will help you to be strong through this trial of emotions and fear. (((((((HUGS))))
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Addercatter

Post by Addercatter » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:19 pm

I called the police when I was able to last night, but I haven't tonight yet. I'm just going to stay in my car until it is time to get my son. His friend is staying the night with us so I will have 2 teenagers with me and if anyone follows me back home I will have the police come watch us go in the house. This is ridiculous. I never thought I would go through anything like this.
Swift FX for Her w/chinstrap
Pad-a-Cheek Mask Liners for Liberty
Pad-a-Cheek strap covers for Liberty
Hose management system

Hi, I'm ^..^ Kat

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Kat, I am so sorry this has happened to you, prayers and good vibes are being sent you way. This forum has some of the most understanding, kind, and vigilant supporters I've had the pleasure to cyber-meet. Their prayers and kindness continues to hold my family and me up in most difficult time of our lives. God Bless you and know we care, and will continue to hold you up in prayer.

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Have you given the police the full picture as to what is going on? Can you stay elsewhere right now?

No need to answer. Just want to give some other ideas, because what you're proposing sounds pretty scary.
Addercatter wrote:I called the police when I was able to last night, but I haven't tonight yet. I'm just going to stay in my car until it is time to get my son. His friend is staying the night with us so I will have 2 teenagers with me and if anyone follows me back home I will have the police come watch us go in the house. This is ridiculous. I never thought I would go through anything like this.

Journeyman

Post by Journeyman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:35 pm

You're in my thoughts as well. You have a lot of support here. Remember one day at a time and breathe as needed. Please take the time and seek support from your local community as needed. Strenght comes in numbers. Get as many as you can.

stage0

Post by stage0 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Listen to "your gut" and protect yourself and your son. I not only believe in God, but that he has instilled in you a sense of detecting imminent danger. I dont want to hear any stories on the nitely news.

2Tim215

Post by 2Tim215 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Dear Kat, My wife and I will pray for your safety and healing right now. Very sorry you had to go through this. You are blessed with a lot of people here who truly care! Tim & Dawn

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
S9 AutoSet 4cm-12cm

kteague

Post by kteague » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Just want to suggest that every incidence of being followed, called, whatever, be reported to the police. Been in a similar situation, and it was "the preponderance of evidence" that substantiated my allegations. Many YWCAs have an abuse hotline. I found their services very helpful, even stayed in one of their shelters for a while. They stress safety. If you have reason to feel unsafe, please allow available systems of protection to assist you in whatever your needs may be. I hate to think of you facing this without another adult(s) present in your corner. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. Fear can be paralyzing, but it can become galvanizing. May you be strengthened for the days ahead.

Addercatter

Post by Addercatter » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:40 pm

We are safe at home now. Thank you everyone for being so kind. I'm going to try to sleep with my mask in a bit, if I'm not too freaked out to be hooked up to the machine. Nobody can get in the house unless they actually break in and I really don't think that will happen.
Hose management system

Hi, I'm ^..^ Kat

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Addercatter wrote:We are safe at home now. Thank you everyone for being so kind. I'm going to try to sleep with my mask in a bit, if I'm not too freaked out to be hooked up to the machine. Nobody can get in the house unless they actually break in and I really don't think that will happen.
Sleep well, Kat -- you deserve it. Thanks for checking in and keeping us posted.

Bons

Post by Bons » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm praying for you Kat. As an abuse surviver, I can tell you that there is normal life again at some point. Support groups help a lot. Be safe.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Addercatter wrote:We are safe at home now. Thank you everyone for being so kind. I'm going to try to sleep with my mask in a bit, if I'm not too freaked out to be hooked up to the machine. Nobody can get in the house unless they actually break in and I really don't think that will happen.
Hugs Cat. We are all here for you.

Follow all the suggestions for your protection.
Tomorrow call around for more agencies that can help or offer suggestions, referrals.

Remember that you are not alone and that fear causes one to wear blinkers. Abusers count on that so don't let them win in that way.

You don't have to do this by yourself.

Nobody counts except you and your family so don't let anyone shame you into not acting, not sharing, not finding your way.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 pm

Is this domestic violence from someone you know?

Addercatter

Post by Addercatter » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:37 pm

cosmo wrote:Is this domestic violence from someone you know?
Yes
Hose management system

Hi, I'm ^..^ Kat