WOW! MY DME IS A CROOKED LYING SACK OF SH*#!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: WOW! MY DME IS A CROOKED LYING SACK OF SH*#!!!

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Those of us who have been tilting at windmills welcome a knight with a temper!

MrStein

Post by MrStein » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:08 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Those of us who have been tilting at windmills welcome a knight with a temper!
LOL I don't know about the knight part, but I do have a king size temper. Just ask the idiot RT who's parentage I questioned earlier today......
I may be a hillbilly.......but I am an educated hillbilly......Hell, if I weren't busy being a fry-cook, I'd be a brain surgeon.

"The future of yesterday is tomorrow's today"

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:25 pm

You may not consider yourself a Don Quixote,
but to fight for what's right, and do battle against the foe.
Seems pretty honorable to me.

Bons

Post by Bons » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:55 pm

We purchased my husband's S9 pap from St.Louis Mark because the DME carries Resmed masks but not machines. Husband requested six-month supplies in early Sept. and got a standard hose (asked for slimline but of course didn't check) and new mask, but not the humidifier tank or filters. I stopped by on Sept. 23 and gave her the parts numbers, as for some reason she could not look them up herself. Called a week later and there was some dumb reason she couldn't get the parts ordered yet. If she orders masks, there shouldn't be any reason she can't get the pap parts on the same order.

Haven't heard from her in over a month now. So tomorrow I will order the parts from cpap.com, since they are not expensive out of pocket. And in five months when we need the big orders for both of us (dumb scheduling, we both get masks and stuff the same months) we will go elsewhere. I won't bother to call anymore, but if she happens to call with a reminder, I'll tell her that I didn't want to trouble her any more.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:03 pm

I am not afraid to call these people out, and I have been in touch with the state, the hospital that adverts these goons, and the better biz bereau, and my insurance folks. Nobody is happy to hear this. I like that.
Don't forget your doctor in all of this. That's the one that the DME cares most about--I doubt you'll get any satisfaction from the state and others. Write a letter to your doctor about how you were treated by this DME and how they ignored his prescription, and recommend he not make any more referrals to this DME. Cc it to the DME. Be brief, polite and factual, don't state opinions or go off on tangents. THAT may get their attention.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

patricka

Post by patricka » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:26 pm

lazer wrote:Glad you're making progress and getting hooked up with another DME. If I would have listened to my 1st DME, I wouldn't even have a machine at all. Good job
Sounds Like Apria rip off!

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:26 pm

lazer wrote:Glad you're making progress and getting hooked up with another DME. If I would have listened to my 1st DME, I wouldn't even have a machine at all. Good job
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

joeyjernigan

Post by joeyjernigan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:13 pm

MrStein wrote:Sorry folks I don't mean to curse
You are sleep deprived and have a DME that is intentionally pushing your buttons...I don't think anyone here blames you

chrissv

Post by chrissv » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

When I first learned I would be on xPAP I discovered this forum. I scoured it reading every post I could. Most were about DME horror stories.

I was all prepared to have a big fight with the DME, but the rep came in and first off asked if I had any questions or more importantly, any expectations. I told them about my desire for a machine with full data capability, etc.

The machine the rep had brought was a PR System One, full data capable. That made me feel good, that they weren't even intending to stiff me with a brick. The DME has been very helpful the whole time (I am into xPAP 1 1/2 years now), and fortunately I am a duck. Replacement supplies have been really easy to get.

The DME is Sleep Management Solutions, out of CT I believe.

So there are good and bad DMEs out there; I'm just not sure of the ratio

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Unless I see evidence to the contrary, every provider/DME in Lincoln, Nebraska is an unwashed troglodyte.
Data is a dirty word to them. Patient access is anathema. This why I am dreading retirement.
I expect a fight to get the masks and cushions I not only prefer, but are the only ones that work for me.
(Grrr)

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Tino2You wrote:All the more reason why Angie's List should be listing DMEs as well as doctors. What really frosts me is that many (many) people just show up, get what they are given them and then try and make it work. It is why there are so many bricks being sold on Craigslist.

Stick to your guns MrStein. Maybe one day the manufacturers of the bricks will see the light and stop "dumbing down" a perfectly good machine.

-tino
Maybe they do, only no one has added a good and honest one, probably don't have many politicians and lawyers listed either. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

jtmarten

Post by jtmarten » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 am

Wow, after seeing all these posts, I'm even more glad I dumped the DME and bought my gear outright and monitor results myself. Spent a few more $$ up front, but no monthly lease fees, and no RT's to deal with.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:56 am

All told, insurance is not a service, it is a business.
The same with DME's; and unfortunately, quite a few doctors.

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:08 am

I can't say enough good things about my DME, Lehan Drugs in DeKalb, IL. The first time I dealt with them was when I picked up my machine and supplies. They gave me the machine you see below and after reading in this forum I told them what mask I wanted. No problem. I also told them that I was a hands on patient and that I would be bugging them a lot (I communicate with the RTs there via e-mail mostly). No problem. I told them that I wanted to read my card data at home and that I was going to use Sleepy Head to do it. They showed my how to remove the modem and get the card out. When I need new supplies I just e-mail one of the RTs and it's waiting for me when I get there. They bill my insurance directly and are a tier one provider with my insurance company. I don't think that it gets much better than all that.
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

MrStein

Post by MrStein » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 am

Conrad wrote: I told them that I wanted to read my card data at home and that I was going to use Sleepy Head to do it. They showed my how to remove the modem and get the card out. When I need new supplies I just e-mail one of the RTs and it's waiting for me when I get there. They bill my insurance directly and are a tier one provider with my insurance company. I don't think that it gets much better than all that.
Oh Happy Day!!! I just spoke with my insurance senior case manager about my situation.....they are going to report my DME for fraud and several other violations!
I am on SSI and they too,(UH OH!) are also going to take action against the DME!!!
They also are directing the appropriate authorities to contact me to file charges against the RT to have her license suspended/revoked.....

My new DME is bringing me a PR System One 60 Series Auto, and the software, and setting me up with a paid account for EncoreAnywhere, so I, and my RT. and my doctor can access my data thru the web. So I will have a fully data capable machine and the support to use it properly.

If it weren't for this forum, I would never have known what to do. I can't thank you all enough.

Oh.....They are having a REALLY effed-up day at my ex-DME. FULL INVESTIGATION IN PROGRESS!...I told them I was the wrong one to F*#k with.....

"The future of yesterday is tomorrow's today"