working with S9 autoset

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yulcdn

working with S9 autoset

Post by yulcdn » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi
Thank you to those of you who helped me setup my new Autoset last week. I set it to 12-16 as suggested. My regular cpap setting was 15. I am posting last night graphs. I know that I am lucky enough to pretty much have this all under control and was able to get a really good long sleep last night. Is there any fine tuning that I should be doing? Can I go lower than 12 or do I need to go higher than 16? Is there anything that stands out in this report? Thanks for the help

KEQ5

Re: working with S9 autoset

Post by KEQ5 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Personally, I wouldn't bother to change anything for a week or two unless you:

- Start seeing multiple nights with an AHI above 2-3
- Have aerophagia issues
- Encounter leaks
- The pressure line constantly bumps up against your max pressure (your 95% number is about 15)

Otherwise it looks nice and clean to my uneducated eye (I run 10-16, 10 because I was still seeing OAs at 7-9 minimums, 16 because above that and I get aerophagia, my 95% is around 12-13).

BigLou

Post by BigLou » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Your data looks quite nice where it is. Might want to see what is causing the leaks though.

Lou

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Looks pretty darn good like it is.
You might be able to get by with less than 12 minimum. If you decide you want to try a little lower...go down slowly and watch things closely and do give these current settings and any changes a few nights to see how they want to trend.
I suspect you are curious and I have been there myself.
Unless you are staying at the max for long periods of time I don't see the need to do anything with it. A little kiss at the max every now and then isn't the end of the world.

There's no real need to change things based on this report. Though you may have a serious curiosity itch to scratch about that lower pressure and I probably would myself. I always liked to see just how low I could go with my minimum just so I would "know" and push the envelope. Experimenting right now with BiPap Auto in Auto mode with a lower EPAP myself. Surprisingly the lower EPAP hasn't allowed as much sneak past the defenses as I suspected it would. Experiment is still ongoing so now official conclusions yet. I always try to give each setting change a full week before I change something. I have seen first hand that things can and will vary widely from one night to the next without making a single change.

Oh, that leak line...very suspicious for some minor mouth breathing but well below large leak territory and unless the leaks are disturbing your sleep I wouldn't worry about it.
In this instance SleepyHead is making some mountains out of mole hills.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

yulcdn

Post by yulcdn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks for the advice. I will stay where I am for the next couple of weeks. I then may try to lower the pressure a little. You are all so helpful. I am never sure that I am reading everything right so it is so wonderful to have knowledgeable members helping me out. Have a great week and sleep well!