Offtopic: Should I remove the bug?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Should the bug stay or go?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:57 am

Absolutely not, It provides great entertainment and a break from all the seriousness here.
37%
Yes, get rid of it. I can't stand it, it freaks me out and makes me want to swat my monitor.
34%
I'm on the fence. Some days it doesn't bother me, other days it does.
14%
I have no opinion on the matter.
14%

Total votes: 91

lazer

Offtopic: Should I remove the bug?

Post by lazer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 am

I will follow this discussion and poll for the next full month and you the voter(s) will determine the final decision.

Haha! I've created my first pole here! (*insert sarcasm*)

Last edited by lazer on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image.....................................................ImagePress ESC if the animations BUG you!.....................................................Image

Hawthorne

Re: Offtopic: Should I remove the bug?

Post by Hawthorne » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:08 am

I voted to remove it. I have no problem with it but there are people on this forum who have difficulties with moving things like that in avatars or as extras. It bothers their vision and, as I recall, cause bad effects for them. I wouldn't want people to not come to the forum because this type of things causes them problems.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Suzjohnson

Post by Suzjohnson » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 am

No!! It would be so cool if you could find a cricket though! I used to have a lady bug that crawled around in my sig line but that was bout three computers ago and it didn't manage to follow me through all the changes.

Suz

"We are what we repeatedly do, so excellence is not an act but a habit". ~ Aristotle

Pachyderm's Nose

Post by Pachyderm's Nose » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:12 am

I believe you have a right to your bug. That said I try to swat it every time I see it!

Please have your equipment shown as text, it's much easier to tell what model you are using!

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:12 am

I was just kidding..about wacking it with my zapper I would have inadvertently zapped my computer if I did that...and then where would I be..the bug would still be there but I wouldn't have a 'puter...noooooo....actually if I zapped my 'puter then the bug would still be there for everyone else to see..just not me
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

pats

Post by pats » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:17 am

I have an opinion, but it is not one of the poll options. I think you should remove it, because it is slightly distracting. Movement tends to draw attention.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:22 am

I think you should do as you want. Keep it or remove it. Your choice.

I do swat at it a lot though, thinking it's a real bug. And it drives my cats insane...

DiverCTHunter

Post by DiverCTHunter » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:24 am

I blocked it with ABP ages ago, but I agree about the movement drawing attention. I'd say leave it up as an IQ / Computer Literacy test

Prescribed APAP range - 6-10 cm/H2O, titrated at 8.
Current range - 9.0-11.5 cm/H2O - still searching for the magic "zero night" but averaging 2.2 AHI

avi123

Post by avi123 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:40 am

I don't reply to your posts as long as you got that bug in it, i.e. you're on my Foe list. I miss the "Poster from Singapore" who got involved with your bugs and posted not to delete your post even when your post contained several bugs. He posted that doing so would be an analogy of using the atomic bomb. Next, Pugsy, the self appointed moderator, contacted Caroline Goodman, the owner of this website, and told her that I have deleted your post. So Caroline restored your post. She emailed me that having animated creatures in the posts IS NOT AGAINST THE POSTING AGREEMENT.

It's interesting that several of above posters who asked you to leave the bug are also on my Foe list, i.e. I regard them as bullies.

I am going to PM the Poster from Singapore, whom I also put on my Foe list b/c of you, to Invite him back b/c I miss him.

p.s.s.

1.I think that I told you that greatunclebill has that bug as an avatar in the ApneaBoard website.
2. How can I block it with ABP?

Last edited by avi123 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:43 am

What's ABP?

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 am

avi123 wrote:Pugsy, the self appointed moderator, contacted Caroline Goodman, the owner of this website, and told her that I have deleted your post. So Caroline restored your post.
I did no such thing. If Caroline was notified it wasn't by me. I would have suggested that the person whose post got spam removed be the one to contact Caroline.
Caroline does come by the forum often though and don't think for one minute that they aren't aware of what goes on here. It is on purpose that they let us duke it out among ourselves when we have disagreements.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:53 am

avi123 wrote:I don't reply to your posts as long as you got that bug in it, i.e. you're on my Foe list. I miss the "Poster from Singapore" who got involved with your bugs and posted not to delete your post even when your post contained several bugs. He posted that doing so would be an analogy of using the atomic bomb. Next, Pugsy, the self appointed moderator, contacted Caroline Goodman, the owner of this website, and told her that I have deleted your post. So Caroline restored your post. She emailed me that having animated creatures in the posts IS NOT AGAINST THE POSTING AGREEMENT.

It's interesting that several of above posters who asked you to leave the bug are also on my Foe list, i.e. I regard them as bullies.

I am going to PM the Poster from Singapore, whom I also put on my Foe list b/c of you, to Invite him back b/c I miss him.

p.s.s.

1.I think that I told you that greatunclebill has that bug as an avatar in the ApneaBoard website.
2. How can I blocked it with ABP?

Who peed in your cereal? Sheesh, lighten up.

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 pm

avi123 wrote: p.s.s.

correct. it's been on my personal website front page a long long time. i use it as my avatar at every forum where i can upload to the forum. i can't upload here so i don't use it here. i don't use upload services and have anti-hotlinking on my website for most file types including gif so i can't use it here. anything i upload here is a hotlink from my website. leave it. i like it.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

avi123

Post by avi123 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:01 pm

Hawthorne wrote:What's ABP?

See Diver C Hunter post, above.

At one time the poster Roster (who lives in town near me) had an Avatar of a jumping Rooster that jumped left and right. After I mentioned to him that for a person who suffers from Epilepsy, by watching that jumpy rooster, could get a seizure attack, he immediately stopped the rooster from jumping.

Last edited by avi123 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:06 pm

I don't reply to your posts as long as you got that bug in it, i.e. you're on my Foe list. I miss the "Poster from Singapore" who got involved with your bugs and posted not to delete your post even when your post contained several bugs. He posted that doing so would be an analogy of using the atomic bomb. Next, Pugsy, the self appointed moderator, contacted Caroline Goodman, the owner of this website, and told her that I have deleted your post. So Caroline restored your post. She emailed me that having animated creatures in the posts IS NOT AGAINST THE POSTING AGREEMENT.

p.s.s.

Very interesting.

I wonder who is the one really acting like a self appointed moderator here.

Now I'm going to the foes list