I triple dog dare you...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AbbyNormal

I triple dog dare you...

Post by AbbyNormal » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:43 am

I triple dog dare you to show me your CPAP face! GO!!! (bonus points for funny ones. I just don't know how to laugh at this yet... it's just my 2nd week having one) Don't leave me hanging!!

ozze_dollar

Re: I triple dog dare you...

Post by ozze_dollar » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:48 am

Hey your opus 360 looks pretty good.

BasementDwellingGeek

Post by BasementDwellingGeek » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:07 am

Image I see your headgear and raise you a Zeo.

bdg
(PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus and related humidifier as backup)

There are two types of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:55 am

AbbyNormal wrote: GO!!! I just don't know how to laugh at this yet...

AbbyNormal wrote: GO!!! (bonus points for funny ones.
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:06 am

I'll bite! This one can double as a reminder to people to use their machines when they nap!!!

AbbyNormal

Post by AbbyNormal » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:45 am

FANTASTIC!!! See? I knew there were some good eggs in here with a sense of humor! Alien head... *snort* That's so cool! You got mega uber sparkly awesome bonus points! Now there's something I hadn't thought of yet, Wearing it when napping. I don't nap first of all, because I hate sleeping period. (I'm hoping that will change soon.) Second, it takes me a while to get all my stuff on. It's neat seeing you guys actually wearing yours. I have no idea what sorts of masks are out there. What pictures I come across, nobody is wearing them or it's a plastic head model. Thanks for playing, this is fun!

Hey, out of curiosity, it takes the imprint on my face from the CPAP a long time to go away in the mornings. After help on here from members, I don't thing it's too tight anymore, I don't think that's the problem. But is there any way to make that go away faster? Massage or ice or something?? I'don't want to have to get up extra early to allow for that. Thanks! I'm adding you guys as friends on here, cuz you obviously rock!! <3

PS- I think I need to make a PapCap that looks something like this for myself, but straps under the chin. Hee hee

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 am

Those side things on the Opus will leave marks even if not too tight. Just a function of the plastic, our own facial tissue structure and maybe laying on the pillow. Ever wake up with a crease on your cheek from a crease in your pillow case?

Padacheek makes some awesome side thingy covers (be it straps or plastic or whatever). Seems like the covers that come with the masks are too thin if they even supply something. Some masks don't even have a thin cover.

If the Opus is a keeper otherwise except for strap marks take a look at this.
http://www.padacheek.com/PAC_Opus.html
If you are handy you can make your own from fleece scraps found at WalMart ultra cheap. Karen's are so much nicer than I could ever make and I really don't have the time nor inclination to make mine. She has them for all sorts of masks.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 am

AbbyNormal wrote: But is there any way to make that go away faster
Make you some fleece covers to go over the part that touches your face. They would look like these but only made right for your mask. My wife makes them for me. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pad-a- ... cover.html

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Xney

Post by Xney » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:07 pm

I'll do you better in embarrassment - 4th sleep study photo

AbbyNormal

Post by AbbyNormal » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:08 pm

I don't ever get creases like this from a pillow. They're super deep and last for very close to two hours. Today it wasn't as bad. Maybe it was just water retention or something. Eh. Anyway. Yup, I need to get busy sewing some things for this to make it more fun and comfy.

Hey BasementDwellingGeek, what's that cool gadget on your forehead do? (Love your name, btw.)

silentsinger21

Post by silentsinger21 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 pm

AbbyNormal wrote:
Hey BasementDwellingGeek, what's that cool gadget on your forehead do? (Love your name, btw.)
this website would explain it http://www.myzeo.com/sleep/

btw how did you put pictures on your posting, I can't even do it .

AbbyNormal

Post by AbbyNormal » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Xney, you should see my sleep study picture. Whoa. I had WAY more things on me than you do!! I've had two of them done now. I didn't go to the second night for either one of them. The first one I couldn't get to sleep at all. The second one I only slept for an hour. Anyway, I had a lot more things hooked up to me than that. Especially this last time!

Silent singer, you take can go to an image storing site like Photobucket.com or Imgur.com, and you load a photo to it like you would Facebook or your profile photo here, etc. Then when you upload it, it will give you a code. I used Imgur.com for these. When you click on the little thumbnail of the picture you uploaded, a box will appear. In Imgur.com, copy and paste the BBCode here. That's how people are posting screenshots of SleepyHead into their posts here as well, btw. I hope this helps! If not, get with me and I'll break it down for you step by step in PM or something. <3

Xney

Post by Xney » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:07 pm

AbbyNormal wrote:Xney, you should see my sleep study picture. Whoa. I had WAY more things on me than you do!! I've had two of them done now. I didn't go to the second night for either one of them. The first one I couldn't get to sleep at all. The second one I only slept for an hour. Anyway, I had a lot more things hooked up to me than that. Especially this last time!
That was merely the head monitoring stuff! They attached about 15 more things to me after that, but I couldn't easily take a photo later.

I think Stanford has more crap on you than any other place - very difficult to sleep, though after 4 of them I'm kind of used to it finally.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

AbbyNormal

Post by AbbyNormal » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:07 pm

Archangle, I invoke rule 34 on that one!! Awesome!!!