Is there any software compatible with Android Tablet?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lazer

Is there any software compatible with Android Tablet?

Post by lazer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 pm

Like Sleepyhead or Encore type software to input Sdcard data to?

I'm guessing not but thought I would ask.

BasementDwellingGeek

Re: Is there any software compatible with Android Tablet?

Post by BasementDwellingGeek » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:59 am

I've thought about it but don't have a tablet. I suppose I could start on it virtually, and do final testing later, if/when I get a tablet. Or make others do the testing. I did buy a cheapie Viewsonic kindle like thing figuring it would have enough horse power. I couldn't find drivers that would allow me to connect it to the SDK and download an application into it. Bummed me out.

bdg
(PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus and related humidifier as backup)

There are two types of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

Randyp1234

Post by Randyp1234 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 am

I'd think one of the biggest challenges would be reading the full sized SD card.

Randy

lazer

Post by lazer » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:34 am

BasementDwellingGeek wrote:I've thought about it but don't have a tablet. I suppose I could start on it virtually, and do final testing later, if/when I get a tablet. Or make others do the testing. I did buy a cheapie Viewsonic kindle like thing figuring it would have enough horse power. I couldn't find drivers that would allow me to connect it to the SDK and download an application into it. Bummed me out.
I would be more than happy to do some testing if you were interested. I have the Asus TF300T which natively does not have the full size SDcard slot but does have that ability with either an add-on accessory OR you can actually purchase the dock which I'm strongly considering which gives it a full keyboard, extra 5hrs of battery, USB slot, and full SDcard slot.

BasementDwellingGeek

Post by BasementDwellingGeek » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:47 am

I'd think one of the biggest challenges would be reading the full sized SD car
Not really a problem. A micro card can be inserted into an adapter then into the CPAP, later removed from the adapter and inserted into the tablet. I say that not actually having tested in the CPAP. I have used this technique in a GPS unit.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/V7-8GB-Micro- ... gMethod=rr

bdg
(PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus and related humidifier as backup)

There are two types of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:02 am

That is an interesting concept since it seems that many of the younger generation is moving towards the tablets (or so it appears to me). It may open more users to keep check on their data.

I have a Nook tablet that takes a micro sd card, also an iPad, Blackberry Playbook, and Kindle Fire (which none take a micro sd card).
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:47 pm

A problem would also be OS, my new Sansung Galaxy 2, is running the new Android Ice Cream ver 4.04. a lot of apps aren't compatable for it yet, then there's the Windows Tablet, and The Apple version, a endless supply of incompatability. The Android Tablet wont replace a PC, for users that use their computers, but it does have it's place and it FUN!! I got mine as a toy, and because my full sized gaming lAP TOP, ONLY RUNS 45 MINUTES ON IT BATTERIES, making it usless as a lap top. and too slow to be a real PC. Lap Tops are costly toys, little vaule for you buck. BTW: mine was over $1400, and in the last three weeks I have gotten more good out of the Android Tablet, I have maxed out my storage in it but if it just would do a few things better it would be great, so far it's software isn't mature, it does about 65% of what you expect, just under what you need. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

BasementDwellingGeek

Post by BasementDwellingGeek » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:36 pm

After the nudge form lazer I spent some time on various forums learning about sideloading and later did actually find the right info to connect my ViewBook 730 to the android sdk/debugger. Along the way I learned sdcard structure is not the same as on my G1 phone. I have developed a stub of an application.

What I have to offer is no where near a finished app. All it does is try to find the P-Series folder on the sdcard, read the file last.txt which contains the serial number, which is also the name of the folder holding the rest of the data. In that folder is properites.txt. It has a bunch of info about the CPAP device such as model number. If the model number has a substring of 50 I attempt to open the p0 folder and list the first 10 filenames found. I also offer an attempt to email the info found to me. It has been tested in virtual environments of android 1.6, 2.2 and 4.1. All of them sent the email. Physically download into my G1 phone, android 1.6, it would send the email. Physically downloaded into my vb 730, android 2.2.1, it would not send the email I don't know why.

The info reported from the virtual Jelly Bean (4.1) environment:
P-Series found at /mnt/sdcard/P-Series
Expecting a 50 series CPAP machine. Found ModelNumber=450P

Found file 0000000303.001
Found file 0000000304.001
Found file 0000000304.002
Found file 0000000304.005
Found file 0000000305.001
Found file 0000000305.002
Found file 0000000305.005
Found file 0000000306.001
Found file 0000000306.002
Found file 0000000306.005

Device Info:
OS Version: 2.6.29-gc497e41(403059
OS API Level: 16
Device: generic
Model (and Product): google_sdk (google_sdk)
If the P-Series folder is found elsewhere, or not at all, more debugging info is also included, such as all of the files found in the directory returned from the call to getExternalStorageDirectory.

I want to emphasize I am not a professional android programmer, nor do I play one on TeeVee. I do have one fairly esoteric app on the Android/Play Market, FipsIt. Also it has been many, many months since I last stayed in any motel ...

Is anyone interested in trying it? You will need to sideload since I haven't uploaded to any of the stores. Sideloading amounts to downloading to your sdcard then opening with a file browsing tool. It will ask if you want to install. You will first need to allow non-market apps. You may want to delete it form you sdcard before returning the card to your PRS1 machine. I haven't tested how well it tolerates "other stuff". Or better yet copy your PRS1 data to another card and use it.

I make no claims or warranties about the app. Always back up your data before hand, yada, yada, yada....

http://basementdwellinggeek.org/CPAP%20 ... r.main.apk

Just for giggles I have uploaded a short subset of my own data so anybody with an android tablet can supply feedback. Just unzip to the root of the sdcard. http://basementdwellinggeek.org/CPAP%20 ... Series.zip

If you do try I would appreciate an PM just to know what android device does or doesn't work and if you volunteered to send the email .

Next steps are :
1. Building a database to hold the summary info from each nights data.
2. Loading data into the summary table.
3. Presenting a calendar to choose which night's data to display.
4. Displaying an events summary for that night.
5. Displaying an events timeline for that night.
6. Displaying breathing/flow rate graph.
7. Other graphs (leak, pressure, snore, flow limitation, etc....)
8. Long term summaries.
9. Rx/setup changes.
10. 60 series data.
11. S9 data.

bdg

lazer

Post by lazer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks BasementDwellingGeek!

Appreciate your time and effort looking into this. I will certainly give it a whirl later once home

PS: I will test on both my Droid X (Phone) and Asus TF300T (Tablet) & PM you the exact OS versions.

lazer

Post by lazer » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:30 am

Just wanted to *bump* this and say I am still very much interested and apologize for not getting time yet to test what you've developed thus far but I promise as I get a chance, I will indeed 'test' this out as per my last post and report back.

Very excited that this is being looked into

lazer

Post by lazer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Program installed and executed via my Tablet. Data sent per (email)

Note: I transferred my actual current data from the SD card to the tablet's storage.

Hope this helps.

BasementDwellingGeek

Post by BasementDwellingGeek » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:17 am

I want to thank lazer for being my guinea pig! Is there any body else with any other type of Android tablet willing to step up? I can't blame you since the application is way too young to do anything useful, beside confirming that it can find the data.

I have ported most of my C# code for decoding events but ran into a snag. A java byte is always unsigned resulting in negative number for anything over 128. I'll have a work around soon and post another experimental version.

bdg

pats

Post by pats » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:12 am

BasementDwellingGeek wrote:I want to thank lazer for being my guinea pig! Is there any body else with any other type of Android tablet willing to step up? I can't blame you since the application is way too young to do anything useful, beside confirming that it can find the data.

I have ported most of my C# code for decoding events but ran into a snag. A java byte is always unsigned resulting in negative number for anything over 128. I'll have a work around soon and post another experimental version.
I think you meant "A java byte is always signed". I have no idea why byte is signed. I have yet to see it used in a real program in a way that makes being signed more useful than unsigned.

I think I my spare Android tablet may be suitable for testing - I'll try out your code.

retrodave15

Post by retrodave15 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 am

I can do some testing -

I have a toshiba thrive with ICS. The toshiba also has a full size SD card slot and usb port. I have done some app development, but mostly with the app inventor that was put out by google and now supported by MIT. http://appinventor.mit.edu/

Dave

Event Planner / Trade show Manager / Driver of the Winnebago

Newark, Ohio

Wife's Equipment: PRS1 AutoIQ w/ Cflex+, Swift FX for Her

BasementDwellingGeek

Post by BasementDwellingGeek » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:30 am

"A java byte is always signed".
You are correct. I have problems with not and not not, too.

I got past that problem and have more or less decoded the 002 file. Still working on leaks and pressures but I'll post what I've got working in the next hour or two. I've added code to find and decode the first 002 file, which should be from the last session recorded. If displays start time and duration, AHI, OAI, CAI, HI, and ReraI, followed but a count of each of the event types and then a dump of the events. In this context events include other things beyond AHI/RDI components such as Pressure Pulses and Pressure Changes, Flow Limitations, PB, etc...

Thanks for volunteering to participate.

bdg