Tips for a new mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nazanian

Tips for a new mask

Post by nazanian » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 am

We use the Mirage quattro full face mask. And cover her eyes with bandits which stick from the bottom of her eyes, so air leaks slip up. This, on paper.
So we have two main problems: dry eye and thin skin protected with cotton bandits in the bridge of the nose.
I would like to have another mask to take turns, so not the same skin is irritated. And to find a less leaking mask.
Went thru Quattro™ FX for Her Full Face Mask with Headgear and Hans Rudolph 7600 Series V2 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear, but were not satisfactory. She needs to sleep on her side always.

Would anyone please give me some ideas for a new mask? Thanks.
Please excuse my limited English.

silentsinger21

Re: Tips for a new mask

Post by silentsinger21 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 am

why don't you let her try the Swift FX Nasal Pillow with Headgear? it did wonders for me.

nazanian

Post by nazanian » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:41 am

silentsinger21 wrote:why don't you let her try the Swift FX Nasal Pillow with Headgear? it did wonders for me.
Because she ends opening the mouth. Thanks.

chearyshe

Post by chearyshe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:08 am

You could try a homemade mask liner or you could buy a Pad-A-Cheek mask liner for your mask. I've made a mask liner for my mask and it works well. Someone will surely be able to tell you how to do it...I'm not very good at giving instructions...I just know how to do it!
I know what it's like to be in a foreign country and need something that is from the US. Improvise!

Don't worry about your English, you were clearly understood!

Cheary Geula!!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:11 am

See if you can find the Innomed/Respcare or Resmed Liberty. It uses nasal pillows so nothing over the bridge of the nose but it also has something to cover the mouth to take care of mouth breathing issues.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/RespCa ... -Mask.html comes with 3 sizes of cushions

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html
you have to decide before ordering which size cushion

If I had my preference I would use the RespCare Hybrid because of cushion sizes available but there are other subtle differences.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Wonderbeastlett

Post by Wonderbeastlett » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:47 am

I use the Mirage Quattro as well! Mine would leak very bad and i ended up with a bloody nose. I decided to buy the gecko nasal pad. I was using bandaids but they were doing nothing for me. The gecko nasal pad sit on top of your nose and seals all the leaks. I love it! I haven't been waking up because of leak or because it's too tight!

I hope that might help.

nazanian

Post by nazanian » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:02 pm

chearyshe wrote:You could try a homemade mask liner or you could buy a Pad-A-Cheek mask liner for your mask. I've made a mask liner for my mask and it works well.
Which material you use to make them? Thanks.
Wonderbeastlett wrote:I use the Mirage Quattro as well! Mine would leak very bad and i ended up with a bloody nose. I decided to buy the gecko nasal pad. I was using bandaids but they were doing nothing for me.

Thanks, we already tried. In her case, the cotton bandaids upon some cream on the top of the nose (so it does not move too much), work better.
Pugsy wrote:See if you can find the Innomed/Respcare or Resmed Liberty. It uses nasal pillows so nothing over the bridge of the nose but it also has something to cover the mouth to take care of mouth breathing issues.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/RespCa ... -Mask.html comes with 3 sizes of cushions
Thanks Pugsy, we already got that one some time ago and does not work in this case. She needs to sleep on her side (making less tongue obstruction) and the pillow tends to push any mask, so the mask gets out of place.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Google Pap Pillows - they're specially made for cpap users and will let her sleep on the side without moving the mask.

sol

Post by sol » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:39 pm

nazanian wrote:
silentsinger21 wrote:why don't you let her try the Swift FX Nasal Pillow with Headgear? it did wonders for me.
Because she ends opening the mouth. Thanks.
Chinstrap is the solution to keep mouth closed. Try nasal masks - lighter, more comfortable and less leaky than full face masks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Then I second what Julie has said. Try a special pillow that allows a space for the mask to rest without causing pressure on the mask because the pillow doesn't touch the mask much at all when someone sleeps on their side. The mask rests in a little cut out hole of the pillow.

Mask liner material could be something like an old cotton T shirt. Well worn.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.