Cpap negative side affects

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ram10

Re: Cpap negative side affects

Post by ram10 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:58 am

I am a truck driver. I went in for my DOT mandated sleep test a few weeks ago and passed the test. I was told that I had minimal sleep apnea so I voluntarily agreed to try the cpap. after using the machine I wake up with what feels like cotton balls in my head which lasts all day, I am far more tired now than I ever was before during the day, I forget things constantly, and most important is that I used to keep track of and think of many things at a time but now I have trouble keeping one thing straight in my mind. now I'm told that because I started using the cpap machine if I want to keep my job I must keep using the cpap machine. my choice is keep a job to support my family by driving in this condition or lose everything because I tried to better my sleep and it failed. I am sorry but I have decided to continue working and told my wife to sue everyone involved with this mess if I do get into an accident.

Pesser

Post by Pesser » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 am

ram10 wrote:I am a truck driver. I went in for my DOT mandated sleep test a few weeks ago and passed the test. I was told that I had minimal sleep apnea so I voluntarily agreed to try the cpap. after using the machine I wake up with what feels like cotton balls in my head which lasts all day, I am far more tired now than I ever was before during the day, I forget things constantly, and most important is that I used to keep track of and think of many things at a time but now I have trouble keeping one thing straight in my mind. now I'm told that because I started using the cpap machine if I want to keep my job I must keep using the cpap machine. my choice is keep a job to support my family by driving in this condition or lose everything because I tried to better my sleep and it failed. I am sorry but I have decided to continue working and told my wife to sue everyone involved with this mess if I do get into an accident.
I have experienced what you are writing about. May I ask what you mean by “minimal”? Did they tell you what your AHI was? It almost sounds like a pressure problem. I’m sorry if I’m too forward on this. Your post is important to me! Thanks in advance if you choose to respond!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:30 am

I deleted the previous spam post, since I do NOT like creeps trying to impersonate me!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:42 am

chunkyfrog wrote:I deleted the previous spam post, since I do NOT like creeps trying to impersonate me!
I didn't THINK you looked like a truck driver. I mean, I know there's lady truck drivers and all, but with those delicate little green hands of yours, I just couldn't imagine you herding a big rig around....

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ram10

Post by ram10 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:10 am

all I did was post as ram 10. this chunky frog thing came up from the site. I still could use any ideas and/or info to help me out of this situation. here are some stats : my bp was 120/70 I'm told from my blood tests that diabetes is the last thing to worry about because my numbers are so low. my AHI was 13.6, and the only time I stop breathing at night is when I'm rolling over in bed.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:46 am

ram10 wrote:my AHI was 13.6, and the only time I stop breathing at night is when I'm rolling over in bed.
unless you're rolling over 13.6 times per hour, then that's not the only time you're not breathing at night.

a lot of advice would depend on what machine you have, so fill out the equipment section of your profile and people will be better able to offer you helpful advice.

coming in here and ending with "MY WIFE WILL SUE EVERYBODY INVOLVED" is no way to get help.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ram10

Post by ram10 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:01 pm

I have been off work for two weeks fighting with this problem. all I want is to be able to make up my own decision about this machine. I am so tired all day long now. I used to stay up until 2 in the morning and be running by 8:00. now I can barely make it to 7:00 pm before I start nodding off. I'm angry that I'm being told that I have to work under these conditions when I wasn't having any problems before.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Welcome, ram10. Sorry you're having so much trouble with the process.

May I suggest you start a separate thread about your problems? It will be less confusing than mixing it with this general purpose thread. Many of us have worked through various problems with CPAP.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

library lady

Post by library lady » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:51 pm

When I first started cpap in Feb. I was bothered by leaking into my eyes (and everywhere else, but into the eyes was the worst). The leaking around my eyes went away once I started using mask liners two weeks into therapy... been using them ever since, and the only dryness I now suffer is dry mouth from mouth breathing...

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:03 pm

No idea why my username came up (maybe a system problem?)
Apologies for my response to a bug.
Bugs make me hungry.

ram10

Post by ram10 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:38 pm

I just looked around but I can't find how to start a new thread. I know it's probably just one click away. can anyone help me out. I'm just a little too new and flustered right now. I appreciate your understanding.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:41 pm

ram10 wrote:I just looked around but I can't find how to start a new thread. I know it's probably just one click away. can anyone help me out. I'm just a little too new and flustered right now. I appreciate your understanding.
click on the 'cpaptalk.com' logo. then, you see that huge button that says "POST A NEW TOPIC"? ... that.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:41 pm

ram10 wrote:I just looked around but I can't find how to start a new thread. I know it's probably just one click away. can anyone help me out. I'm just a little too new and flustered right now. I appreciate your understanding.
Click on HOME then just on top left of where the topics start there is a big yellow button "Start New Topic"

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:49 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
Click on HOME then just on top left of where the topics start there is a big yellow button "Start New Topic"
interesting, it's orange here *grin*

Fawnlyn8tive@aol.com

Post by Fawnlyn8tive@aol.com » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:55 am

I did the CPAP treatment for close to a month, then decided to not do it anymore. I had concerns to begin with, not to mention limiting positions to sleep comfortably with the mask on, and tube adjustment. Anyhow, right away, after stopping...I noticed my throat muscles felt weaker, and now...a year later alittle stronger, has not totally recouped from this treatment. Has anyone else noticed any problems with this? Curious...