Setting BiLevel Pressure Support S9 VPAP Auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Setting BiLevel Pressure Support S9 VPAP Auto

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:30 pm

squid13 wrote:If I have my EPAP at 10 and my IPAP at 14 with a PS of 4 what range would I have? Is the 14 the max it would go to on that setting?
If your IPAP max is at 14..yes that is as high as it will go with EPAP at 10 and PS of 4...this pretty much makes it a straight fixed bilevel even in auto mode.
BUT
in auto mode you can have EPAP at 10...PS of 4....and IPAP max of say 18...while awake you will see 10 Exhale and 14 inhale and after you go to sleep and events drive up the pressures..then IPAP could increase up to 18 (if needed) and EPAP would then be up to 14.

I use the S9 VPAP Auto in auto mode...I have it set for EPAP 9 cm and maximum of 20 with PS of 4...when I first turn on the machine I get EPAP of 9 and IPAP of 13...I like it.
During the night as events triggered increases then my IPAP may increase but EPAP is always 4 cm behind it.

Here is an example of a night where my pressure needs increased. It is towards the end of the night so if you can't see the increase right click image and choose "view image" to see that right side.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.