Coming Soon: New Sleepweaver élan

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Emilia

Coming Soon: New Sleepweaver élan

Post by Emilia » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am

New soft cloth mask with new cushion technology..... you can enter to win one before they become available:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/sleepw ... -mask.html

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

Pugsy

Re: Coming Soon: New Sleepweaver élan

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks Emilia,
I went ahead and signed up. Never know I might actually win something which would be a miracle itself.
Someone sent me the original SleepWeaver to try and I just haven't got around to trying it. I tried the Aloha instead.
Guess it wouldn't hurt me to try it at least once. I just don't like anything touching the bridge of my nose and haven't got up the guts to try it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:27 pm

I'd been thinking about trying the sleepweaver; now I have a new dilemma.

jen4700

Post by jen4700 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:38 pm

I tried the sleepweaver during my titration study. I really, really wanted it to work. I couldn't get the leaks under control. I've got a small face. I think if it came in a smaller size then it might work. This one looks interesting.

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Interesting design. I too have thought about ordering the sleepweaver, but I have so many masks that didn't work out that I was reluctant to pay the price for one.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:05 pm

I agree - the new SW looks interesting. I LOVE mine, but still wrestle with some leaks, but the comfort is very worth the effort. Yes, it sits on the bridge of your nose, but there's no pressure as such there. The SW is so light you hardly notice it's on your face at all. Also, it's much cooler than any other mask as there's no silicone or plastic on your face.

Cheers,
xena

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Looks interesting, the cooler factor would really work for me. The silicone sure gets warm!

mikewithe

Post by mikewithe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Many, many thanks for the heads up on this one. I definitely signed up to be notified. I'd love to try a fabric mask.

gertrude

Post by gertrude » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Interesting that this is coming on the heels of the new design of the traditional sleepweaver. I've just ordered one of those to try in the hope that it will lessen my discomfort from sweating into the silicon. The DME said that they don't recommend it, but a friend was really enthusiastic. Guess this is another example of "individual mileage my vary."

For those worried about the cost of a mask that turns out not to work for a particular individual, our hosts at cpap.com have a generous offer right now. The sleepweaver ($99) comes with free return insurance. If it doesn't work, it can be returned in 30 days for only the cost of the shipping. That was a dramatically better deal than buying the mask at my DME ($145) or the local cpap retail store ($170) with no option to even try it on before buying it at either place, and no return.

ems

Post by ems » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:46 pm

gertrude wrote:Interesting that this is coming on the heels of the new design of the traditional sleepweaver.
Yes, and I recently got the "new design", which for me turned out to be an awful mask! I felt like I couldn't breath. Strange feeling b/c I never have that feeling with the Swift FX. I'm going to call my DME in the morning to see if I can return it and get the Elan instead. It looks much more comfortable and worth a try.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:52 am

When do they announce the winner?

ems

Post by ems » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:42 am

My DME called the manufacturer - they said the Elan wouldn't be on the market until end of August or early September.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 am

Then, obviously someone is full of ca-ca, as our hosts are projecting Monday, June 18.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Then, obviously someone is full of ca-ca, as our hosts are projecting Monday, June 18.
Maybe, maybe not. I think it is common for online suppliers to get things ahead of regular DME suppliers. We found that out with the Aloha and Bella Loops. To test the market maybe.
Also some DMEs purchase through wholesale houses..maybe they don't expect to have it until later.
And maybe someone just doesn't know what they are talking about...nah...that would never happen in the DME world would it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:42 am

You would think that DME's would get priority for new releases, assuming their contracts would specify so.
But then, negotiation requires a completely different skillset from pure BS.