Trade ComfortGel nasal mask for Hybrid FFM

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Starlette

Trade ComfortGel nasal mask for Hybrid FFM

Post by Starlette » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Good evening all.

Trade: ComfortGel Blue (Petite)
For: Hybrid Full Face CPAP Mask with Nasal Pillows and Headgear

PM me. Wanting to try a different FFM.
Non-smoker please

Thanks.
Starlette

nanwilson

Re: Trade ComfortGel nasal mask for Hybrid FFM

Post by nanwilson » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:52 am

bump for Starlette
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:49 am

Note: I'm going to try using one of the little silicone straps that hold dresses on the hangers.
to control my wild pillows on the Hybrid.
(I cut them off, as they tend to reveal themselves at inopportune times)
Edit: the straps, not the pillows!

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retrodave15

Post by retrodave15 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:22 am

I have a Mirage Liberty, used it for 3 nights before I decided that I could not use it and went back to the Mirage Quattro FFM. The mouth section is a large with several sets of pillows. Send me a PM if you are interested. It is probably too big as you have a petite comfort gel to trade.

Event Planner / Trade show Manager / Driver of the Winnebago

Newark, Ohio

Wife's Equipment: PRS1 AutoIQ w/ Cflex+, Swift FX for Her

macewa

Post by macewa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:18 pm

My DME has special ordered the Hybrid FFM for me. I'm hoping it works as I believe this is my last mask. If it doesn't work, I doubt if anything will.

I'm using my total face mask and last night in a rage moved from the bedroom into the living room (sofa bed) where I can have the air conditioning on during the night. I tried two of my FFMs hoping one of them would work, but to no avail and then with the total face mask on, the heat from weather and my own breathing was more than I could stand (along with the freaking straps that hurt my head besides pulling on my hair since they have to be so tight. I think I ended up with about 4 hours of sleep before having to get up at 5:30am to get ready for work. I am tired. I've been fighting this for going on 9 months now.

I have not walked away and have no idea how all of this will end. I know I cannot do without using the machine. I know if I could stop the discomfort and pain, my AHI would more than likely be okay. But I am also dealing with the lack of sleep because the mask doesn't fit me properly and hurts. So, even trying to do what I need to be doing isn't working for me.

I have two part time jobs and like both of them and I NEED them financially. July 9 is set for a sleep study/tritation. I have no hopes of anything good coming from that either. I still think if I could get rid of pain and discomfort, I'd be okay. And right now, I am also having to deal with the smoke from the huge fire in NM as that is not terribly far from me. I live in the foothills of the Gila. Some mornings it's difficult to see the mountains because of the smoke.

Getting ready to get ready to go to bed. What a chore that has become.

I haven't been posting because I have had nothing good to say.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:03 pm

@ RetroDave - Thank you for responding Dave. However, I'm going to respectfully decline on the offer, thank you.
You are correct, I would be in need of a small mouthpiece. At this time, I'm looking more at the Hybrid over the Mirage Liberty.

@macewa - "IF" you find out that your Hybrid doesn't work for you PM me should you decide on not liking/using it.
That said, macewa, first I'm sorry you're having issues with FFM, we all need to feel good about the masks we do use.
May I offer you a suggestion? Create your own thread about the issues you're having with FFMs, so the experts on the forum with FFM can respond and offer suggestions. We all help one another. Yes, it is VERY frustrating when you and your mask can't get along.
It's hell to know that you have this disorder and have to transition over to learning how live with/sleep with this new contraption for the rest of your life, it can certainly be overwheming indeed. I'm VERY happy with my Aloha and Swift FX for Her, I can use either one. I've got them down. However, I'm looking for FFM (thinking Hybrid) for those times that I'd prefer using a FFM. Liked my UMFF. However, nerves on my face don't like so much winds hitting them. I'm thinking with the mouthpiece this size, there is less wind hitting my face.
"Getting ready to get ready to go to bed. What a chore that has become." I, as well as others on the forum, can certainly identify.

@chunkyfrog - One has to ask/wonder how you strap on a FFM around that tiny green face

Sorry for the delay in responding. Monday and Tuesday, I was battling a headache.

Hope everyone had a great Thursday!

Starlette

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Starlette
When you get your Hybrid I will swap you a bunch of small size pillows and cushions for your medium. I think I have 3 or 4 sets I can't get rid of, that you can have.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:57 pm

OK. Thank you much Nan! You're a sweetheart

Starlette