Knocking the machine off the night stand

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
archangle

Re: Knocking the machine off the night stand

Post by archangle » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Sheriff Buford wrote:I would be reluctant in putting the machine in a drawer because it may restrict air movement. I use the hose buddy. I't's the best investment I have made in my cpap journey.

Sheriff
The amount of airflow generated by the machine isn't high enough that you're likely to have any air restriction problems unless it's some specially sealed drawer. The machine is pushing the air through a 6 foot long tube about 1 inch in diameter, through the foam filter, and then out through the vent holes in your mask. The holes and seams in any piece of furniture I've seen will add up to a lot less air restriction than that.

Look at the size of the air vent in your mask and realize that all the air has to go out of those holes. Realize that drawers tend to have a large clearance between the drawer and the frame, or it will tend to drag when you try to open or close it.

If you're running the hose through the partially open door, the size of the opening for air to come back in is going to be a lot larger than the hose.

I would be careful that you don't have anything else in the drawer that could cover the air inlet and block the airflow.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.