Nightmares...maybe REM isn't such a good thing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
The Choker

Re: Nightmares...maybe REM isn't such a good thing

Post by The Choker » Sat May 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Nightmares
Two of my buddies and I bought a new tent and went camping. I slept on the left side and woke up about 4 a.m. causing a commotion that woke my two buddies up. I was sweating and trembling and told them I had been dreaming that someone was trying to pull my penis off.

My buddy on the right said, "Strange I was having an identical dream."

The guy in the center was shaking also and said, "I was having a nightmare also. I was skiing scarily fast downhill."
T.C.

Issac

Post by Issac » Sat May 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Lord, Chocker
Your going to GIVE us nightmares.

terence999

Post by terence999 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:58 am

Since I started wearing the mask I also have more vivid dreams. I think it is because wake up every 90 minutes all night long. I notice when I have violent dream I seem not to be able to get enough air and that wakes me up. Really, since I started wearing the mask/masks my sleep has been horrible. Before I just snored. Now I am often a walking zombie.

NightMonkey

Post by NightMonkey » Wed May 23, 2012 11:06 am

terence999 wrote: I notice when I have violent dream I seem not to be able to get enough air and that wakes me up. Really, since I started wearing the mask/masks my sleep has been horrible. Before I just snored. Now I am often a walking zombie.

Something may be wrong with your CPAP therapy. Maybe your pressure settings are incorrect or you have high mask leaks or you are using a nasal interface and leaking pressure out your mouth or some combination of these three.

Fill out you equipment profile and let someone here help you with data to diagnose your problem.

No reason to have such poor CPAP therapy - it needs to be optimized so you can lead a full life.
NightMonkey
Blow my oropharynx!

the hairy, hairy gent who ran amok in Kent